Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
JonnyNero
First Video: Desert Bus for Hope 2 (if that counts)

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby JonnyNero » 25 May 2010, 08:23

Hello there, I'm Jonny. I currently am a chiptunes musician, a retail sales associate (hopefully not for much longer) and in a sort of gray area as I am moving from Houston to Seattle come PAX time. I fully expect it to be the most epic moving journey of all time.

LRR has been poking me a lot over the years. I first heard of them in 2008 when one of my friends linked me to the "Rejected Wii Play Games" video. I thought it was cute, but thought, like most videos on the net, it was a flash in the pan that happened to catch a lot of views and make it's rounds virally. Then they poked again when I was at PAX08 and heard Graham tell Gabe and Tycho about Desert Bus, and a couple of my friends invited me to go to the meetup that year. I passed because I still didn't know what that was all about. Then last year I became a huge fan of Unskippable on the Escapist, and actually checked out the site for the first time. Following that, I met Paul, Matt, and some of the others randomly outside a hotel in Seattle at PAX '09, and proceeded to embarrass myself as I had just gotten done imbibing a lot of alcohol at an after party that night.

Highlight of that convo
Me; "I love what you do in Unskippable!"
Matt: "I...actually am not involved in that."

So then I watched Desert Bus this year, and saw a couple of the normal vids on the Escapist, and finally bit the bullet and charged my way through the archives just to catch up on what I had been missing the last 7 years.

So yeah, that's my story
Signature goes here!
Gollom
First Video: Gay Chicken

Postby Gollom » 30 May 2010, 16:55

Hello. Like a large number of people in Windsor, Ontario, I am currently unemployed. After graduating from college, about all I have to show for it is a fancy peice of paper and painful debts, so the logical next step would seem to be even more debt and a university degree. We'll see.

I found my way here from the Escapist. First I started watching Zero Punctuation after following some random link posted on Something Awful. Eventually I saw the ZP/Unskippable "cross-over" and started watching Unskippable and thought it was great. Eventually that lead to ENN, which lead to LRR. Now I've spent last week or so watching all the old content I can. Wish I had found this site sooner, I don't think I've laughed this hard at sketch comedy since the days of Kids in the Hall.

So...yeah, thats about it.
wartjr2373
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wartjr2373 » 30 May 2010, 18:53

Welcome to new members JonnyNero and Gollom. Hope you enjoy your stay!
Just call me Dylan. It's easier to pronounce.

SpyKnight
First Video: The Stages

Postby SpyKnight » 03 Jun 2010, 18:16

Hello all, I first found by way here through Unskipable and spent about a week and a half tearing through the archives and deeply enjoying it. I work part time as a martial arts instructor and this is the first forum that I have became a member of so please excuse any ignorance on my part. I am also deeply entrenched in the ever so joyful experience of college searching and enjoying it significantly less than the video archives. I also sent in pics to the ENN casting call and I got put right in the center of the line up! Consequently this also means that I am now technically dead(worth it).

Well that's my story and I'm sticken to it.

p.s. I am also a horrendous speller and have pretty interesting story about my profile name.
Yes, I know I spelled it wrong. I pretty much spell everything wrong.
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 03 Jun 2010, 18:44

Since I know you're fishing for it, I'll go ahead and ask, "what's the story behind your forum name?"

Also, welcome to the forums. While welcoming people, I've found that watching all the videos in the span of a week or two is actually pretty common for newcomers.

SpyKnight
First Video: The Stages

Postby SpyKnight » 03 Jun 2010, 19:25

Thanks for the welcome wartjr,

I got the nick name in my 2nd year of high school, when my friends and I (being complete nerds) would play chess every day. One day me and my friend were playing a game that got pretty intense, to the point where it looked like one of those super fast timed matches and in the end I only had a king and a knight left. So my friend pretty quickly checkmates me and calls the game. I look up at him with a complete stone-face and tell him that the games not over yet. Puzzled he looks for a way that my king could get out, then I tell him that that's not my king. He looks up puzzled and I shout something like "the king's a SpyKnight!" (We had been playing a lot of team-fortress) and I very dramatically switched the location of the king and the knight. For some reason this caused everyone siting at the table to crack up and laugh for a good five minutes. We later ended up creating a chess piece called the SpyKnight which had the power to switch places with any piece on the field and since then they've called me Spyknight. So that's the story.......huh......... seemed alot funnier in my head,I guess you had to be there. Well sorry if I bored you.

P.S. like your snake avatar............he looks quite happy
Yes, I know I spelled it wrong. I pretty much spell everything wrong.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 04 Jun 2010, 03:57

No, that was a very good story. I shall have to attempt that at some point.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 04 Jun 2010, 04:18

Indeed, it was an entertaining story.

OldGrover
First Video: First Unskippable on Escapist

Postby OldGrover » 04 Jun 2010, 05:44

So, an introduction. Like, I suppose, many, I came here through the Escapist, watching Unskippable, then ENN, then LRR on the Escapist, then finally going to the source website and watching, well, everything. I think I've seen every available video on this website at least once now. Hmmm. Might be a trifle obsessive...

Not to worry - I'm thousands of km away from Victoria, it should be reasonably easy to stifle any stalker-y compulsions.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 04 Jun 2010, 05:48

That didn't stop Lyinginbedmon from visiting them from England. So just be warned, it may be more difficult than you think.

Also, you're not any more obsessive than anyone else on this site. Most of us have watched every video on the site, what else are you going to do?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 04 Jun 2010, 05:48

I said it only yesterday that it's actually a pretty common way to acclimate with LRR.

I would argue that you don't reach stalker status until you've listened to all 200-ish podcasts. I've done it.

Welcome to the forums.

Dr.Ninja
First Video: Unskippable and ENN

Postby Dr.Ninja » 04 Jun 2010, 12:42

Hi, I'm Dr.Ninja. I found LRR via watching Unskippable on the Escapist, and later ENN. I've spent the last few days crawling through the archives and finally decided to try the forums. I play lots of Valve games and have recently begun playing Dungeons and Dragons.
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 04 Jun 2010, 19:38

Hello, Dr. Ninja. I'll remember to contact you if I need someone simultaneously healed and assassinated.

Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 06 Jun 2010, 07:29

It happens more often than you'd think.
LordDaneofFire
First Video: Phailhaüs 1?

Postby LordDaneofFire » 06 Jun 2010, 11:20

Hi, I'm Daniel. I enjoy all things nerdy and long walks on the beach as sunset. I'm also Danish and if you need any raiding done call me at 555-VIKING. Reasonable rates. Monasteries a specialty.
Danzama
First Video: Wireless

Postby Danzama » 07 Jun 2010, 02:14

Hi Daniel, If your into nerdy stuff you've come to the right place, LRR is hilarious and the forum community are great.

Have fun here
Dan
fireyredmullet
First Video: Unskippable - Star Ocean

Postby fireyredmullet » 08 Jun 2010, 22:15

I saw somebody on the first page do this, seemed like a good format.

The Fireyredmullet FAQ

Online Aliases: Fireyredmullet, IrishCoffee
Birthday: July 18
Height: 5' 10"
Hair: Strawberry Blonde (Reddish)
Eyes: Blue

Q: How did you find LRR, mysterious stranger?
A: Like a lot of this community, I came across Unskippable at the Escapist and internet stalked Graham and Paul back here. Also, fun fact, until I saw some LRR videos, I transposed their voices to the wrong faces in my head. [New video idea, LRR, trade Graham and Paul's voices for comedic effect]

Q: Does it suck being a ginger?
A: At the moment its not too bad, lots of girls are into redheads, and I have the advantage of being blonde about half the time so they can still tell their parents about me! Win win! I still cant tan, though.

Q: Do you have a girlfriend?
A: I'm afraid that is a complicated subject, if you really care let me know and ill write you a sob story.

Q: Do you have a boyfriend?
A: NO MORGAN. BAD. BAD MORGAN.

Q: What do you enjoy doing?
A: Actually, quite a lot. I enjoy cooking in all its forms, especially for a crowd that I can watch enjoy my food. I also play Guitar, specifically the blues and Jack White/John Mayer style rock. I'll listen to just about anything with a guitar or a piano involved, including something I've recently gotten into called VIKING METAL. I've been building computers since I was 14, and if ANYBODY WOULD LIKE TO GIVE ME $10,000, I WILL BUILD YOU THE MOST CAPABLE PC ON THE PLANET. I am a member of a college marching band, the Ohio University Marching 110, and I love to perform.

Q: Wow, thats a lot of stuff, how do you fit it all in?
A: It's not that much, everyone is pretty much that interesting, they just like to hide it behind modesty and lack of confidence.

Q: What is your favorite LRR video?
A: I'm a big fan of intelligent humor, so a lot of the LRR videos appeal to me, but I think the one that gets me the most is the Quantum Documentary. As a series, the Phailhaus also brings many lols, as does Man Cooking.

Q: If you could have any superpower, what superpower would you have?
A: I have actually given this quite a bit of thought, and i decided on telekinesis. The ability to move any object, any weight, any distance, at any speed would come in handy in most any situation.

Q: Will you write a limerick about me?
A: YES! and it will be lewd/coarse/vulgar/wrong on so many levels.
SPOILER ALERTHey.
I wanted to let you know that
Everything is going to be OK.
No matter what gets you down, stick it out man.
It always gets better.
Always.
Also, I love you.

SPOILER ALERT
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 09 Jun 2010, 13:13

Welcome to the forums, mysterious stranger! I mean... Mr. Redmullet! And I like gingers! Gingers are awesome!

LordDaneofFire wrote:Hi, I'm Daniel. I enjoy all things nerdy and long walks on the beach as sunset. I'm also Danish and if you need any raiding done call me at 555-VIKING. Reasonable rates. Monasteries a specialty.

Oh, I was hoping your number would be 555-GET-SMASHED. :mrgreen:
Luft
First Video: Phailhaus 26

Postby Luft » 13 Jun 2010, 17:43

M'kay, to start off I am Emily, a lurker turned poster out of necessity...and avoiding my drivers ed homework. For nicknames, I usually am ET but whatever floats your boat. I live in Indiana,USA. I'm 16, well technically I'm 15 but my birthday is June 22, so in my mind that is close enough. I'm 5'6" with brown hair and hazel eyes. I work at a cafe. In my spare time I play video games (mostly puzzle,strategy, and JRPGs), read ,write, work on art, and SLEEP! Music wise I like Queen, Ludo, The Decemberists, U2, Counting Crows, Collective Soul, Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews,and anyone awesome.
I found LRR becuase a friend suggested it. It took me a while to look it up, but the first video I watched was Phailhouse 26 becuase it was the Random Video.
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 13 Jun 2010, 19:00

Why, might I ask, are you a poster out of necessity?

Either way, welcome to the forums.

Hyp3roptic
First Video: Unskippable - Lost Planet

Postby Hyp3roptic » 14 Jun 2010, 01:39

Hi i'm Hyp3roptic, i can't remember where i conjured up the name from, twas a while ago. Rite ok, i live in the east midlands or England, i'm 18 and i'm a graphic design student with no job.
I'm a metalhead who denies the existance of lesser music genres, i play the drums averagely well but am currently down a drum kit.
I've watched Unskipable from the start and enjoy LRR and ENN. some of the LRR's made me pee a little XD. I'm a avid visitor to the site but i've never gotten round to registering, untill now of course.
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 14 Jun 2010, 12:46

Welcome, Hyp3roptic. Enjoy your stay.

TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 15 Jun 2010, 15:17

Hyp3roptic wrote:I'm a metalhead who denies the existance of lesser music genres

So... you like Justin Beiber?

;) I kid. Welcome. And from here on out you will be known as tthe Hyp3raptor Rex.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Luft
First Video: Phailhaus 26

Postby Luft » 15 Jun 2010, 18:35

wartjr2373 wrote:Why, might I ask, are you a poster out of necessity?

It is a necessity because I have wanted to understand all of the references to threads in the fourm in the podcast. And because I love LRR.
Thank you for the welcome!
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 15 Jun 2010, 22:51

Luft wrote:
wartjr2373 wrote:Why, might I ask, are you a poster out of necessity?

It is a necessity because I have wanted to understand all of the references to threads in the fourm in the podcast.

ALL? Good luck, man. That's "man" in the figurative sense, not the literal one.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.

Return to “General Discussion”