Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
JitteryJoe

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby JitteryJoe » 20 Sep 2009, 23:36

Hi, I'm JitteryJoe and I'm an Alco... *ahem* I mean... hi... I'm Joe, real name Dom (don't ask, I'm not really sure myself), I'm a crazed graphics student from England with a Sega fixation, indeed the Megadrive (that's Megadrive everywhere bar North America) is my favourite console of all time. I'm currently getting into retro gaming, mainly because my limited (read non-existant) income can't afford any current-gen games. Anyway, old games tend to entertain me more.

I came across the site via Unskippable earlier this year and it's fast become a personal favourite. I've signed up here on the forums due to morbid curiosity and the need for something to do on days like today where I haven't slept in nearly 24 hours...
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 21 Sep 2009, 05:50

Hi JitteryJoe, I hope we live up to your expectations and need for something to do.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
JayMeeeeee

Postby JayMeeeeee » 22 Sep 2009, 06:01

Hey guys, The names Jamie, but just call me Jay. I'm from good old england and i'm currently taking a year out between College and University. When I go to uni i'll be studying Microbiology and I can't wait.
Currently looking for a job. I spend my days now either job searching or on my video games. I'm an avid Xbox fan but i'm severely considering the mass homocide of Microsoft as my 360 has red ringed for the second time in 6 months, AND IT'S AND ELITE FOR PETE SAKE! anyway currently resorted to my PS2 to keep me sane.
Do you think it's too late to ask Whoopee Goldberg if Patrick Swayze has been in touch?
Chronocide

Postby Chronocide » 23 Sep 2009, 13:30

Hi, I'm Chronocide and I'm about to be a second year student studying Classics. Found LRR through the escapist and unskippable and really glad I checked out the site; I've been working my way through the videos and loving them.
I've got a Wii which I only seem to use for multiplayer now, which I feel guilty about. Lately I've been replaying my old PC games, and remembering how awesome Grim Fandango is.
Anberlin89

Postby Anberlin89 » 23 Sep 2009, 21:10

Hey guys,
I'm Anberlin89 (one of my fave bands + last two digits of my birth year), real name Steph. Nomadic sits next to me in class, and he introduced me to LRR. absolutely great comedy! and i'm looking forward to DesertBus too.

As for me...I'm a college student, in school so I can be in school (that is to say, an education major). I like music, listening to it as well as playing it. I just started piano lessons ^^ I like puns/wordplay and going on bike rides. I was born and raised in Ann Arbor, MI but attend school in Grand Rapids. Looking forward to getting to know you all ^_~
TCS Concordia

Postby TCS Concordia » 24 Sep 2009, 01:57

Hello all

I'm TCS Concordia (better known as Tom to the real world)

I found out about LLR from the Unskippable video's on The Escapist.

Outside the Internet I work at an Army museum in Surrey, I enjoy listering to my collection of 500+ CD's and watching a large selection of B-boat SF films and animation in most forms, except Disney, I really really hate Disney cartoons.

I'm a console gamer (playing RPG/JRPG'S) this is due in part to not having a gaming quality PC but I'm saving up to rectify that situation by building my own (not top of the range as judgement Day will come before I've saved enough for that). I prefer retro games mostly because of the nostalgic kick I get from playing them.

Oh one last thing to take note of in any future posts I make my spelling is terrible so you've been warned.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 24 Sep 2009, 12:17

Welcome, new folks!

It's always cool to hear where people are coming from, whether it's Unskippable or word or mouth or whatever.

Enjoy your stay!
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Cap'n Jonny

Postby Cap'n Jonny » 24 Sep 2009, 16:10

Hello everybody! Name's Jonny, "studying" English at Oxford and I'm another Unskippable convert. As a general rule I don't really do forums, but considering how long I just spent on my avatar, I guess I'm doing this one, so be gentle.
I'm surprised that the last many people to introduce themselves are all, like me, in England. Huzzahs all round, methinks.
Huzzah!
In soviet metajoke, fourth wall breaks you
Captain-Crimson

Postby Captain-Crimson » 26 Sep 2009, 15:54

My name is Chris, I'm from the far off land of Australia.
I enjoy a good coffee, a good game and a good novel.
Hats are pretty fancy too.
Sometimes the best adventure is the one experienced at home.
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 26 Sep 2009, 16:14

Welcome Cap'n and Captain, I hope you enjoy the forums!
AnanziP1
First Video: Time is Money

Postby AnanziP1 » 26 Sep 2009, 23:00

Hello, I am AnanziP1 (or just Ananzi). I'm a music student at UVic. I found out about LRR via Unskippable and I was nearly instantly hooked by the double combo of "Hey, these guys are good!" and "Hey! I know that building!" :D.

I've been lurking around for a while (since 'Time is Money') but I figured its time to start talking to people around here since this seems like a fairly amicable community.
"Realistic goals are for people with no imagination." - Kathleen
ChaoticNeutral

Postby ChaoticNeutral » 27 Sep 2009, 18:04

Hey I'm new here. I just finished watching all the lrr videos and podcasts (that are available online) and I figured I'd sign up on the forums. I found this site ultimately through unskippable though a friend referred me to that.

Anyway I really love the comedy here and I'll be donating to Desert Bus when I get enough money.
Risking my life to save people I hate for reasons I don't understand.
FlossMan
First Video: The Writer's Room

Postby FlossMan » 27 Sep 2009, 19:16

I'm not exactly new to LRR, but I'm new to the forums, so I figured I'd post a short introduction, since it seems like all the cool kids do it.

My name is Adam, I'm a 22-year-old blues/funk guitarist in the Milwaukee, WI area with a passion for building electronics. I also have aspirations to do audio production, but we'll see about that.

Also, a huge LRR fan and sad I can't make it up to the screening. :(
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 28 Sep 2009, 01:55

Welcome to the forums, Ananzi, ChaoticNeutral and... FlossMan?! Seriously? ;)

Have fun!
FlossMan
First Video: The Writer's Room

Postby FlossMan » 28 Sep 2009, 17:25

ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:Welcome to the forums, Ananzi, ChaoticNeutral and... FlossMan?! Seriously? ;)

Have fun!

FlossMan, the world's worst superhero, was a character I played when I was on my high school's improv comedy team. :D
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 30 Sep 2009, 11:19

We are getting a lot of people from England recently. I sense conspiracy afoot!
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Karmic Knight

Postby Karmic Knight » 30 Sep 2009, 13:53

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:We are getting a lot of people from England recently. I sense conspiracy afoot!

Brad used some kind of Brad-magic to turn the eyes of England to the forum.
[Witty Title], Weekly Creative Writing that is neither Weekly, Creative, and one could make the argument that it is not writing.
nebelm

Postby nebelm » 30 Sep 2009, 21:47

Right then. So I've posted around a few times and suppose I might as well introduce myself. I'm Matt, age 19 pursuing a dual major in computer science and game design at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. I heard about LRR from a friend a while back but never really looked into it too much. Lately I've gotten a lot more into it with the addition of Commodore Hustle and now their successes at The Escapist.
Mae Aloril
First Video: Forget About It

Postby Mae Aloril » 01 Oct 2009, 00:51

Good eve all, my name is Mae, and just registering for this forum crash my foxfire twice! Rock on \m/!

Anyway, yeah I'm Mae and I'm from NY/CA and I've just spent about the last two weeks immersed, eye-balls deep, in LRR's back catalogue of videos and now that i can breath again I thought 'Well, why not join the forum'. There's something about Canadian Comedians that always draw me in. I would like to also make it known that I love Paul and will be making him my man sometime in the not so distant future.... Yay Unskippable cross-referencing is fun! :wink:

Hi All.
"Dreams are necessary to life." -Anais Nin
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 01 Oct 2009, 08:32

Karmic Knight wrote:
TheRocketSiobhan wrote:We are getting a lot of people from England recently. I sense conspiracy afoot!

Brad used some kind of Brad-magic to turn the eyes of England to the forum.

Wasn't me.

But if it was, it'd be the FORCE.
All hail the great deku tree!
Twitter
Flickr
olla86

Postby olla86 » 02 Oct 2009, 00:12

Hey! I am a newcomer from Boston!I am a student and I am glad to be here!
Do you know where the best avatars?
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 02 Oct 2009, 10:57

Hey all,

I'm PROGRAM_IX or just IX if you prefer. I'm an Irish student finally fulfilling my dream of studying games development. I had to take Multimedia and Games Development, but I don't care, it's all useful in the end.

I love comedy (hence my presence here) and gaming, although I'm not hardcore or 1337 or anything of the kind. I prefer games I can enjoy even while losing badly. Like Halo and Super Smash Bros. :D

I'm also a Linux nut. It's regrettable really, but there it is. Finally getting to use my knowledge now, anyway.

It seems that on this forum, the celebrity admins and such *actually post occasionally*. :O So a big gasp there from me. But that's great.

As for music I will be honest and say it's pretty much all Modest Mouse these days. Which is a good thing because they've got so many albums to choose from. But a bad thing because in Ireland they are about as popular as, oooh, the English rugby team*.

*Note for outsiders: that's *not* very popular.
Last edited by I X on 15 Jan 2010, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
Karmic Knight

Postby Karmic Knight » 02 Oct 2009, 15:12

Brad wrote:Wasn't me.

But if it was, it'd be the FORCE.

You don't want a mythological font of power named after you?
[Witty Title], Weekly Creative Writing that is neither Weekly, Creative, and one could make the argument that it is not writing.
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 02 Oct 2009, 15:31

Hi all, my name is Ian (or Ottoman on the internets), and I'm from central New York. (Yes, I'm a USAer. Sorry to break the England combo.) I first came across LRR sometime around January of 2008, watched a few videos, and somehow forgot about it until about a year ago. Since then, though, I've been totally and irrevocably hooked, and after all this time I figured I'd better get a forum account and be part of the community. Everyone here seems pretty cool, so I'm looking forward to that.

Also, smiles @ Zivlok!
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 03 Oct 2009, 06:55

More accurately, my friend, you broke the European combo. :D
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark

Return to “General Discussion”