Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Dyanna

Postby Dyanna » 29 Jun 2005, 06:32

I used to live in Tumbler Ridge right near Chetwynd. My imployers also live there now. They own the Red Lion Tavern.
Tshirts are great, aren't they?does happy money-making dance) 'll buy one from ya!
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 29 Jun 2005, 06:38

[local] I like the Red Lion WAY more than I liked the Swiss Inn. The Swiss in was overrated.[/loca]
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
CheeseGrater

Postby CheeseGrater » 02 Jul 2005, 02:21

'Allo, 'allo! This is Emily, here. I'm a huge fan of LRR and Canadian Waste (of course I haven't read the whole thing throguh repeatedly.... shut up.) >.<

Um... what's there to say, really? I found LRR through the KeiKon 2 website, and have been addicted ever since. I love anime, reallyreally old video and computer games, Coca-cola, and the word 'ogled'.

You can often find me doing such interesting activities as: existing, hanging around, wasting time, and/or sleeping. ^^
fuzzy

Postby fuzzy » 02 Jul 2005, 11:26

Question, do tell what Chetwynd is like. I'm going up there in 39 days for vacation with the boyfriend. His family lives up there. He won't tell me squat about the place so I'm curious.
*I like chicken*
Dana

Postby Dana » 02 Jul 2005, 16:07

It is very, very small.

And Kathleen's sister and a friend of ours who was dating her at the time got hit by a car there.

That's pretty much it, really.
"I swear it," said the other mother. "I swear it on my own mother's grave."

"Does she have a grave?" asked Coraline.

"Oh yes," said the other mother. "I put her in there myself. And when I found her trying to crawl out, I put her back."
DP

Postby DP » 02 Jul 2005, 16:25

Dana wrote:That's pretty much it, really.

I wonder if the locals still talk about that time some fella up an' got hisself a-broke on the horseless jalopy.

I guess they probably would if the irony behind it all was that the driver was the only horse in town.
Dana

Postby Dana » 02 Jul 2005, 22:34

Hehe, actually, the horseless jalopy wasn't even from Chetwynd, it was from Calgary :D

"Oh yes," said the other mother. "I put her in there myself. And when I found her trying to crawl out, I put her back."
duckie

Postby duckie » 05 Jul 2005, 22:47

hello all! this be Emma

basicly I live in Victoria I like to dance I am a huge LRR fangirl i can't spell and i'm short

yep thats me in a nutshell

oh and i HAVE read canadian waste through repeatedly ('cause you know that just makes me so much cooler then Emily...)
Johnny_Lunchbox

Postby Johnny_Lunchbox » 07 Jul 2005, 13:12

Dyanna wrote:I used to live in Tumbler Ridge right near Chetwynd.

Crazy. I've got a friend who moved out there just a few months ago.

Been recently arrested? Then you've probably met him. :P
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 07 Jul 2005, 21:11

Welcome duckie!
Glad to see you both joined up!

-G
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 08 Jul 2005, 15:47

Bahramu wrote:Pet Peeve? People who wear shirts with Ernesto “Che” Guevara on it without knowing who he is or even what his name is, GGGRRR.

sweet god yes!! i was kind of starting to like jay-z until he said in one of his songs "i'm like che guevara with bling on". i can think of no one who can even begin to claim likeness to che.

Dyanna wrote:there will be 5 girls in one house. Frightneing 0.0

frightening!? ha HA! bi-curious!
CheeseGrater

Postby CheeseGrater » 09 Jul 2005, 20:47

Welcome duckie!
Glad to see you both joined up!

Really? And here we were thinking you'd run in terror if we both signed up... :P
memyselandi

I am me

Postby memyselandi » 12 Jul 2005, 23:39

soooo this is the forum huh? well im Mike, i have absolutely no way with words so dont expect some fantabulistic speech. i just heard about lrr through the anime loving user known as "cheesgrater" and the overall psycho "duckie". past a certain point of giggling and saying random quotes i hade to check it out and i have to say, this sites pretty sweet.

i lke sleeping, watching endless hours of mind numbing cartoons, making an ass out of myself and others, doing stupid things that usually wind up with me getting hurt and walking up to wiggers and mocking them..... which probably falls under the catagory of doing stupid things that usually wind up with me getting hurt..... o well thats pretty much it.
Last edited by memyselandi on 13 Jul 2005, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
if something dosent work out for you, moon it, odds are the problem will go away
duckie

Postby duckie » 12 Jul 2005, 23:47

yay for joining up mike!
YOU LIE
i am not psycho
yeah well you have two playgirls!
...ellipsis ellipsis

not the brightest tool in the shed
CheeseGrater

Postby CheeseGrater » 13 Jul 2005, 00:32

yeah well you have two playgirls!

^________^ The news is out! Try and deny it NOW, Mike!

(Emma, Mike is SO gonna kill you when he reads that...! :P:P)
memyselandi

Postby memyselandi » 13 Jul 2005, 00:38

:!: NO i dont have playgirls i.. um.. dont.. i loath you two so much :!:
if something dosent work out for you, moon it, odds are the problem will go away
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 13 Jul 2005, 00:45

Well, memyselandI, welcome to all three of you. And your two playgirls.
And whatever foul debauchery you will befoul this thread with.
Tell your friends!

-G

PS: Was the lack of "F" in your name intentional?
memyselandi

Postby memyselandi » 13 Jul 2005, 10:07

thnx fr the welcome and no the missing F was not intentional, thats just my super intellegence kicking in
Alex Steacy
First Video: Beats me! No seriously Graham hits me.

Postby Alex Steacy » 24 Jul 2005, 06:47

A winners are you!

Welcome to the funhouse, mateys.
Kate

Intro

Postby Kate » 14 Aug 2005, 20:14

Thought I would toss everyone a quick introduction.

I'm Kate, or Kat or even Katelyn to those brave few. I'm 19, living in Victoria. Just got back recently from Abbotsford *shudder* and a chilly Quebec. Working at EB Games and Serious Coffee (An excellent combination I find) Interests? Well, I camp, hike, game, cartoon and draw in general (just finished a promo piece for a rave I've been tolling over for hours *GAH*) I snowboard, surf, rockclimb, row, read, do martial arts, and just hang out with buddies.

Well, that's me all balled up into a nutshell.

Cheers

- Kat
I solve my problems through violence
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 15 Aug 2005, 15:40

shit, son, you're seriously overqualified to be here.(i'm aware that you're not male)

Dana

Postby Dana » 16 Aug 2005, 13:17

I am jealous, and I wish I had the hours to do all of those things...and I wish there was still martial arts classes at UNBC, but they have no sensei any more :(

umbrellaless

Postby umbrellaless » 01 Sep 2005, 21:01

hmmm...I recognise some of the names out there :wink:

My name is Chrissey, and I am umbrellaless. I've been umbrellaless for about six years now. It's hard to be umbrellaless and live in Victoria, but it's not impossible, particularly when the sound of rain on the roof has rocked you to sleep since you first landed here at the tender age of 6-weeks.

Also, I spent the last year being umbrellaless in Cork, Ireland...you wanna talk rain? I'm yer wan...

24 hours ago, a girl some of you now know as "duckie" introduced me to this website. This morning, as I sat waiting for a woman who interviewed me last week to call me back about a job, I spent four hours going from the bottom to the top of the video page. I am now a sales clerk at Bolen Books...I also no longer have a soul. Thanks, LRR, and congratulations on the acquisition. It's a pretty nice soul, if I do say so myself. I'll be seeing you next Friday, I'm sure...

I'm a froshie at UVic...eventually I'll walk away with a degree in Child and Youth Care, and possibly an education as well.

I like nerds. I've never been cool enough to be one of the "popular" kids, nor have I ever been nerdy enough to be a nerd, but I've always had an idea of which group was worth my aspirations to belong. Last Christmas a friend of mine let me be a changeling cleric in an all-night D&D session...I nearly cried, I was so touched....he nearly cried when I said "Wow, I've never seen dice like THAT before"....

I go to Chinatown on a regular basis to drink bubble tea and watch tourists. I like tourists, they remind me how great this city is. I have a ticket to Matthew Good in September. I like Matt Good. I once gave him a peanut, and then he signed my head...you'd think sharing an experience like that would win me free access to his shows for life. Free...$34.50...it's all the same between friends, right?

That's me! Nice to meet you all!
"When you do not speak, other people presume you to be deaf or feeble-minded and promptly make a show of their own limitations"
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 01 Sep 2005, 22:09

umbrellaless wrote:I've never been cool enough to be one of the "popular" kids, nor have I ever been nerdy enough to be a nerd, but I've always had an idea of which group was worth my aspirations to belong.

You'll fit in very well here.

Welcome!!

By the way... I hear Matt Good's a real asshole.

-G
umbrellaless

Postby umbrellaless » 01 Sep 2005, 23:32

... I hear Matt Good's a real asshole.

Gosh, it's been a while since I've heard that one!
"When you do not speak, other people presume you to be deaf or feeble-minded and promptly make a show of their own limitations"

Return to “General Discussion”