Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
omgitssarah7
First Video: Desert Bus Killed the Internet Star

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby omgitssarah7 » 21 Feb 2017, 21:46

Definitely not new to the forum, but I haven't been here for years. Hi!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 22 Feb 2017, 13:49

OMG! It's Sarah!

Welcome back :P
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
scarbble
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby scarbble » 23 Feb 2017, 22:15

Oh man, i haven't used website forum software in so long. Has it looped back around to being cool?

Anyways. Hi. I go by scarbble on the internets. You can call me Rob, too, if you want.

Age? I'm old enough to remember being yelled at for tying up the phone line playing Legend of the Red Dragon on a BBS. I promise it only takes like 30 minutes a day!

Hobbies? I'm some sort of bizarre hybrid of a chef and an IT support guy. I went to pastry school for a few years and was promptly completely unable to find any sort of paying work, so now i tinker. I like retro (8 & 16 bit) video games and a fair number of the more current stabs at replicating the feel of said. When i'm not playing digital games, my wife and I have a small group who get together for board games ranging from needlessly complex euro-style resource gathering to "Uno". I'm also a new convert to the world of MtG. A few weeks ago I started streaming as well. I'll break that 0 viewer barrier yet!

I can't honestly remember the very first time I found LRR, but i do have memories of desert bus 2 & 3 and old videos on the escapist. consistently some of my favorite stuff on the internet. Hopefully i'll get to introduce myself at another con sometime down the line and not get mildly starstruck.
virre
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby virre » 24 Feb 2017, 16:40

scarbble wrote:Age? I'm old enough to remember being yelled at for tying up the phone line playing Legend of the Red Dragon on a BBS. I promise it only takes like 30 minutes a day!

There still is BBS:es reachable over Telnet where you can play that, and enjoy romanceing the barmaid or the bard. That game was so good (this is why I had to answer)
glitchiee18
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby glitchiee18 » 08 Apr 2017, 12:10

So ya.. yea name is Dylan I really like the community in the Lrr fandom basically and wanted to join it and be apart of it. they are the main reason I got into Magic, Sadly I don't play anymore (long story) but anyways I hope to have a good time talking to everyone else here.
Armchairhero
First Video: Early Sketches, still miss em...

Postby Armchairhero » 21 Apr 2017, 02:31

Long time viewer here in New Zealand, thought I'd drop by and actually sign up and as a bonus here's some Canado-New Zealand news there may be a use for.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/91781686/canadian-man-pranks-christchurch-golf-club-with-secret-sex-group-to-get-off-group-email-list
cannons
First Video: Friday Nights - In Command

Postby cannons » 09 May 2017, 13:43

Name: Callum
Reason I got into LRR: Originally Magic, then well crafted humour
Vague area of origin:UK
Reason didn't sign up to the forum previously: I forgot for like a year and a half?
Reason intro was provided in a sort of captioned list form: It seemed like a convenient style for efficiently conveying the info
Arbitrary final category?: Included
The Eupho Guy
First Video: Unskippable 01 - Lost Planet

Postby The Eupho Guy » 18 Jun 2017, 19:42

After subbing on Twitch yesterday during the 24 hour LRR Mans stream, I thought I should drop by here and at least say hello...

My name is Steven and I live about a half an hour north of Adelaide in South Australia.

I'm a part owner of a general store, which takes up the majority of my time (I spend at least 60 hours a week there, 6 days a week). In what little off time I have at the moment, I'm an amateur brass musician, and I also enjoy strategy gaming and futzing around with timber. I also sleep occasionally.

My user name comes from high school. The music suite at my high school had an instrument locker... However it was clearly designed with woodwind instruments in mind, as there weren't any spaces big enough for my euphonium. So rather than leave it in the passageway and hoping that people wouldn't toss it about, on the days I needed it, I took it to school and kept it with me during the day. I quickly became known as "The Guy with the..... Thing!" at school, so I took that and ran with it when deciding on a user name.
Okami
First Video: Friday Nights - Untap

Postby Okami » 30 Jun 2017, 06:21

Hi there I'm new here and I didn't know forums were a thing, I can finaly return to get some Signature bars again.

Anyway I come from Portugal and I found out about this recently when a friend of mine introduced me to Friday Nights and I loved it. So I started to watch the other content, and I found out about the forums because I was looking for the HD pics of the Cards that appeared on the intro of Friday Nights. And Since I like forums I gave it a shot. Looks nice and that's pretty much it about me.

Oh I started playing Magic again and found out about Commander thanks to you guys, I also play FFTCG as my main card addiction.
Miltazar

Postby Miltazar » 19 Jul 2017, 08:34

Hi! I've been here since season 2 but have been a lurker for a loooooooong time. I figured it might be time to get a little more social so I've decided to do so. I love LRR and they are by far my favorite online group, and I've been a patreon member sense super early.

Pleasure to meet y'all!
lexprod
First Video: probably Iron Stomach

Postby lexprod » 23 Jul 2017, 17:05

Long time watcher, and the fact that many runners are around my age and have married and there's even a baby LRR definitely does not make me feel self-conscious about my life at all!

I worked in the TV industry on a half dozen game shows (my genre of choice) for about 5 years in LA, have since quit and done other odd jobs and currently relocated in Phoenix AZ doing QA work on software and game dev (board and vidja) in my spare hours. HULLO! Lexprod on twitch, gaymerinla on tweets
ninjakingcola
First Video: desert bus 2010

Postby ninjakingcola » 20 Nov 2017, 18:01

Hello folks, been watching desert bus since DB5, my friend just turned me on to the forums. I'm interested in volunteering for next year's production and participating in the forums now that I know that they exist <3
lastknight
First Video: commodore hustle

Postby lastknight » 28 Nov 2017, 02:40

Hi, I am Nick, newbie here:) have been lurking for a while though, hope to have some fun here:)
Thrythlind
First Video: Secret Hitler

Postby Thrythlind » 06 Dec 2017, 22:08

Hello. I'm Luke Green. Aka Thrythlind, formerly a prolific fan fiction author who's since converted some of his stories into original fiction that advances at a painful fraction of the speed I wrote with when I was in my 20s. You can still find my stuff on fanfiction.net though most of the work I do now ends up on Drivethrurpg.

I do a bit of blogging on roleplaying games, mostly theoretical character builds and campaign reports. I also do some independent game design with Fate and Powered by the Apocalypse games. I've also recently started let's playing as a way of making myself actually finish games I buy or am gifted with.

I live in Japan and work as an assistant language teacher via Interac.

I'm likely to lurk quite a bit but will try to get involved.
SirLoinOfBeef_
First Video: A Part of Our Heritage

Postby SirLoinOfBeef_ » 11 Oct 2018, 17:45

About time I joined the forum. The first LRR thing I saw was A Part of Our Heritage, but it would be a bunch more years until I realized that LoadingReadyRun was a thing and that I should pay attention to it.

I play Magic and rotate through a bunch of video games as my main leisure time focus. I've been on a fanfiction reading streak for a few years now. Someone stop me!
RobotRaven
First Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL747_tE

Postby RobotRaven » 01 Jun 2019, 14:13

Hello! I'm Jacob, I'm 18 and live in Alaska. My hobbies include robotics, music, and chess, and I'm going to school for electrical engineering in the fall. I found LRR after a crapshots video for posted on Discord. I don't play magic or too many video games, but I really enjoy the comedy.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 05 Jun 2019, 00:17

Welcome all.
You may have noticed the forums are a bit quiet, but don't let that stop you from posting, more posts will bring more people. In this case I'd say also don't worry about necro-posting in a thread, since almost all threads are "old" by now :wink: .
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.

Return to “General Discussion”