Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
kanitaria
First Video: Cant remember

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby kanitaria » 27 Nov 2009, 09:35

Hi i'm new to LRR I was watching Desert Bus this year was refered to it by a friend, I already seen tons of your videos and whatnot but never actually joined the site here, i'm 27 from Ontario canada, Huge nerd, Was in the Desert Bus chat as Kanitaria, Real names Brandi, nice to meet you
only One person gives me the Raspberry, LONESTAR!
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 27 Nov 2009, 09:41

So many new faces! Awesome! Welcome!
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 27 Nov 2009, 12:10

Theremin, if you're still taking drink orders, might you By chance have 2 liters of Diet Coke, a virgin lava flow, and about an eighth a bottle of tequila? Just wondering...
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 27 Nov 2009, 12:21

The coke yes, the lava no, and tequila overfloweth.

Also I have flirtinis, some kind of blue viscous liquid, and a combination of whiskey, vodka and juice I'm told is called an 'orange FU'.

It's rather nice actually.
cheezweazl
First Video: The first Iron Stomach Challenge I think

Postby cheezweazl » 27 Nov 2009, 15:49

Greetings Runners!
After a inexcusable years of lurking, I've decided to join this august group of LRR fans.
I am a huge fan of the quality comedy that the gang dishes out each and every week and as I just spend easily 24 hours of the past few days watching and laughing along with my favorite Canadians as they conquered the world with Desert Bus for Hope 3, I figured I should drop a dime on the community here and say hello.
A little about me, I'm a multifaceted geek and proud of it, with my nerdly obsessions ranging from computers (my vocation), to cooking (and writing in that vein through my website www.theconnoisseurs.com where I live as Connoisseur Tom), to arting (a large body of my work is up at cheezweazl.deviantart.com), to acting, playing the drums (since 1992), playing video games (I'm a PC gamer and proud of it), to more geeky pursuits including but not limited to Role-Playing Games (both pencil & paper and CRPGs... if anyone uses that term anymore... though I generally avoid MMORPGS), Magic: The Gathering (I have an embarrassingly large collection), and much more.
I hope to get to know a bunch of you through the board and encourage everyone to check out theconnoisseurs.com for a good time and let me know what you think.
Talk to you guys soon!
Cheezweazl
a.k.a. Connoisseur Tom
"Enlightenment can only be achieved through superior living."
http://www.theconnoisseurs.com
http://cheezweazl.deviantart.com
Khakihat

We has a forums?

Postby Khakihat » 27 Nov 2009, 22:39

After losing tons of sleep to Desert Bus 4, I realized that LRR has a forum! Not only that, but that I also had an account thats been siting around for a year!

So, the bio

Ben
23 Yrs
Sr Comm Major at a small college in Southern California

I like to draw, though I don't like to admit the desolation of my sketchbook lots of torn out pages.

I cant afford many video games, so I'm mainly restricted to casual flash games and whatever mod comes out for the Orange Box games. My former poison of choice(thanks DB4!) was TF2, though I'm looking for something new/cheep.
Valiantness should be delivered in a gift basket full of expensive jellies and crackers flying though through a bay window.
easterberry
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby easterberry » 27 Nov 2009, 23:16

Now I KNEW LRR had a forum and after first finding the site this summer and watching the entire posted archive in a span of about a week and I MEANT to sign up but... ya know... didn't...then Desert Bus came around and I did.

So about me:

I'm 21, from Hamilton Ontario, currently in Toronto.
I once saw Alex on the TTC, totally nerded out and then felt bad about it because I was worried I creeped him out.
I take computer programming at Seneca College.
I play TF2 far too much.
I don't draw or write nearly enough.
I do schoolwork only slightly more.
I am best summed up by a quote one of my friends who, after taking 6 hours to move 1 room's worth of things 10 minutes down the road because I did not plan anything and lost interest half way through resulting in a few hours of sitting in a half empty room laughing at how bad I was at this, said
"I want to know how you've made it this far just running blindly through life madly flailing your arms"
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 28 Nov 2009, 00:34

So, welcome to the forums everyone. It's great to see so many new faces.

And I can see your faces...
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
CIVBrad
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby CIVBrad » 28 Nov 2009, 03:59

Okay, so after being hassled on cam to join the forums, I decided to make my appearance.

I will only be known as 'Other Brad", "Currently In Victoria Brad", "CIVB" "Electrician Brad"... I guess it depends what day (or night) you tuned in to Desert Bus....

Of 136 hours of driving time, I was happy to be there for like 13 of them. I spent the rest working and sleeping. Thanks guys! :D
Vash2nddonuts
First Video: http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/1

Postby Vash2nddonuts » 28 Nov 2009, 07:21

Welcome to all the newcomers!! Good to see you signed up for the forums "Other Brad" :P
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 28 Nov 2009, 09:43

CIVBrad wrote:Okay, so after being hassled on cam to join the forums, I decided to make my appearance.

I will only be known as 'Other Brad", "Currently In Victoria Brad", "CIVB" "Electrician Brad"... I guess it depends what day (or night) you tuned in to Desert Bus....

Of 136 hours of driving time, I was happy to be there for like 13 of them. I spent the rest working and sleeping. Thanks guys! :D

Erh? What?
All hail the great deku tree!
Twitter
Flickr
branmyson

Postby branmyson » 28 Nov 2009, 10:14

I guess as a lurker, I should introduce myself. I have actually been following LRR since being linked from penny-arcade during Desertbus 2, and have since listened to all the podcasts (which I greatly look forward to, even more than the videos) and watched all the videos.

This is the only forum community that I read, and I really enjoy the people and bots here :wink:. I am 24, did retail for a year, and am now a first semester history graduate student in Indiana, and I am currently putting off a paper due Monday. I used to be a geek, but I am being overwhelmed by history books. The geek side may yet win the war for my mind, but I believe the battle still has years before a victor can be named.
"If a Frank is your friend, then he is clearly not your neighbor." -Einhard (trans)
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 28 Nov 2009, 11:46

Bran, my son, welcome to the LRRman's arms pub!
zalitz
First Video: Apartment Hunting

Postby zalitz » 28 Nov 2009, 16:18

hi im new to the lrr forum

im matthew im 20 years old from cornwall/england

im in to gameing mostly play wii and ps3 games i also like playing pool

i found out about LRR when watching the desert bus 3
Darknezz
First Video: Something on Unskippable, probably.

Postby Darknezz » 28 Nov 2009, 17:55

Hi. I'm Dylan, better known to the interwebs as Darknezz. I suck at introductions, so there ya go.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Re: We has a forums?

Postby the amativeness » 28 Nov 2009, 18:02

Khakihat wrote:After losing tons of sleep to Desert Bus 4...

Desert Bus 4???

You mean I slept for a whole year?!

Crap! My thesis was due 11 months ago!

Also, welcome one AND all.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Roguey
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby Roguey » 29 Nov 2009, 04:49

Hey everyone, I'm Adam.
I'm an Electrical Engineering student from Sydney, AU.
Have been lurking LRR since january and just missed out on Desertbus last year, but decided to finally register after experiencing the awesome community during this years Desertbus. :)
epocalypse
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Re: We has a forums?

Postby epocalypse » 29 Nov 2009, 08:10

the amativeness wrote:
Khakihat wrote:After losing tons of sleep to Desert Bus 4...

Desert Bus 4???

You mean I slept for a whole year?!

Crap! My thesis was due 11 months ago!

Also, welcome one AND all.

no, no, it's okay! khakihat just lives in a reverse timeline.

(or it was a typo, one or the other, it doesn't really matter)
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
FFN
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming, I think

Postby FFN » 29 Nov 2009, 11:37

Hey dudes, I only recently discovered LRR, and after watching Desert Bus 3 I decided to join up. How are ya all doing?

On the gaming front, I'm usually a PC gamer, and I only just got back into console gaming when Sony AU gave me a PS3 for free a fortnight ago.

As my sig suggests, I am a regular editor on TF Wiki.net, a Transformers wiki that doesn't take itself *too* seriously.
http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.
Vilun
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Vilun » 29 Nov 2009, 15:23

Hi, I'm Kevin. Found LRR a few months ago, decided to actually join up to the boards and such during Desert Bus.

I'm 22, from Cork, Ireland. Studying Philosophy and Economics in UCC. Been a gamer for many many years, think that about covers it.
Please don't stop.
It's lonely at the top.

Why doesn't asking questions help Africa? Ah crap...
Ninjarific
First Video: It's a Wonderful Game
Location: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Postby Ninjarific » 29 Nov 2009, 15:57

My name is Thomas, and I had frequented the forums years ago as Zombine. I broke my addiction to this board(Read:lost internet) and while I managed to keep up on the videos, kinda dropped interest in the forum for quite a while.

However, after much deliberation, some lurking, and a light deli sandwich, have determined that what I was missing was the bright, nausea inducing blue/white color scheme attacking my retinas. Thus, I return.
Guildenstern
First Video: Banana Onion Juice

Postby Guildenstern » 29 Nov 2009, 16:26

Hey Guys

I've been around for an Abysmally shameful amount of time without signing up to the forums, and I've realised after desert bus and the latest podcast how much import you guys have to the scene. So hello. I've been watching the videos for nigh on a year and a half now. This year's desert bus actually disrupted my sleep schedule to the degree of those doing the bussing.

I'm from a place you'll NEVER have heard of, but I'm going to tell you it anyway. Jersey. No not that Jersey, the Jersey in the UK. No it isn't part of England. This Jersey:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey

Oddly enough I just did a year abroad in Canada, at Queen's university. It was ridiculously fun, but also stupidly cold. I'm not entirely certain how you guys cope.

See you around the forums, I guess
“Everything straight lies,' murmured the dwarf disdainfully. 'All truth is crooked, time itself is a circle'”
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 29 Nov 2009, 17:18

I am somewhat offended by your suggestion that I have never heard of the Channel Islands, the only part of the British Isles to be occupied by Germany in the Second World War. Also one of my close friends is from Jersey.

Anyway welcome to the forums.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
epocalypse

Postby epocalypse » 29 Nov 2009, 17:22

so, Guildenstern, does that make you part of the commonwealth or what? My ex is British and she used to hit me for confusing commonwealth/uk/britain/england terms. Not in an abusive sort of way, more of a "act less american" sort of way.
my personal site
Guildenstern
First Video: Banana Onion Juice

Postby Guildenstern » 29 Nov 2009, 18:05

Lord Chrusher wrote:I am somewhat offended by your suggestion that I have never heard of the Channel Islands, the only part of the British Isles to be occupied by Germany in the Second World War. Also one of my close friends is from Jersey.

Anyway welcome to the forums.

I love you a little bit for knowing that.

Thing is, the entire year I was in Canada I met exactly nil people that knew that there was a Jersey not prefixed by 'New'; and I assumed the crew being Canadian this would be like that. Somehow forgetting this was the Internet. Go me

epocalypse wrote:so, Guildenstern, does that make you part of the commonwealth or what? My ex is British and she used to hit me for confusing commonwealth/uk/britain/england terms. Not in an abusive sort of way, more of a "act less american" sort of way.

Yes it does Epocalypse! The Channel Islands are TECHNICALLY altogether a nation of the commonwealth, listed separately from the United Kingdom as we are not fully a part of it. For most purposes, however, we are grouped in with the rest because we are not very big. I have myself fenced for Jersey at the Commonwealth Fencing Championships. It's odd when you're facing a dude from India, who is the best out of a billion people, and you're a dude from an Island with 80000 people who was the only one that could be bothered to turn up. Still fun though.
“Everything straight lies,' murmured the dwarf disdainfully. 'All truth is crooked, time itself is a circle'”

Return to “General Discussion”