Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby JustAName » 26 Dec 2010, 16:13

Happy early birthday, and welcome to the forums, then! We're a pretty friendly bunch, so you should feel at home in no time.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Taesarra
First Video: Crapshots

Postby Taesarra » 28 Dec 2010, 19:47

Hello everybody ^^

Been a fan of LRR for a while and actually joined in the chat during Desert Bus this year for the first time. Nice to meet you all :3
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 02 Jan 2011, 20:59

Welcome Taesarra! Sorry about the delay, the welcoming committee is still getting over their hangovers from last Friday. <hic>

Hope you enjoy your stay, and feel free to comment, question, or just outright lurk. It's what some of us do best :)
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
NPC
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby NPC » 03 Jan 2011, 22:53

Hello, I'm brand new on the forum.

My real name is Ki. I am 18, live in California, and work at a local radio station.

I'm an incredibly mild gamer, though I like the culture around it. I suppose that would make me a poser gamer but, honestly, I hardly have the cash to divulge myself.

Also, I own an 8-bit tie, later to find out it's the same model worn in one of the earlier commodoreHUSTLEs (number 4 to be specific, just double checked)

Though I respect the idea of full paragraphs with multiple sentences throughout, I feel shorter segments are easier to read.
BillTheCat
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby BillTheCat » 05 Jan 2011, 19:36

Hey everyone, I've been a fan of LRR for a while now but just recently started playing on the minecraft server (under the name Psycho Penguin) so I figured I should stop lurking and join the forums.
JotunJack
First Video: ENN #1

Postby JotunJack » 06 Jan 2011, 16:04

What ho chaps? I'm JotunJack (guess my real name from that) from one of the many Newcastles that are dotted around the world... I won't specify which, it kinda ruins the mystique.
I'm a podcaster in training and an aspiring author with mild delusions of grandeur. So it's all good.
Been a fan of LRR pretty much since the start of ENN, which opened the gateway to a whole world of hilarity and mild madness! Just the kind of thing that would appeal to me!
Aikidoka
First Video: Money Shot (ENN)

Postby Aikidoka » 07 Jan 2011, 13:02

Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm Jeff, from the UK. I've been a fan for a while now and have decided to join the forum because I need Video camera advice(look out for the new topic coming in about 10 seconds) - shamless I know :-)

I do Aikido hence the name.

See you all around.

Thanks,

Jeff
vxicepickxv
First Video: The Job

Postby vxicepickxv » 07 Jan 2011, 23:38

So, this is where people introduce themselves. The name finally has an avatar, and an LRR forum account.
Friend:Umm, I saw a cat and started clicking...
Me:You have made an accurate summary of the internet.
NdRo
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby NdRo » 11 Jan 2011, 08:56

Why hello there, I'm Dom/Ndro/That Guy With The Hair/You There from England. Big fan of LRR for a while, and decided to join up :)
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 11 Jan 2011, 17:42

Welcome! Although, due to the nature of this community, these
NdRo wrote:That Guy With The Hair / You There from England
don't really narrow it down much. If anything, most of us would think of Lyinginbedmon given that description.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
N.I Tim
First Video: The Job

Postby N.I Tim » 13 Jan 2011, 10:37

Hi people

I'm new at the whole forum thing so hopefully i don't make a fool of myself :P

My name is Tim Mewha and I live in good old Northern Ireland. I've been watching LRR for about a year now and have decided it's finally time to join the community.

I currently still at school but hoping to go to University next year to study computer game development
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 14 Jan 2011, 04:43

Hi Tim! Welcome to the forums. We all make fools of ourselves on a regular basis, so don't worry about that. :D
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 14 Jan 2011, 06:40

I'm an 18-year-old Australian who has been following LRR itself for about a year now, but my first exposure (that I remember) to LRR was Unskippable. I only recently got around to joining the forum. This year I will (hopefully) be starting a computer games course at TAFE.
NdRo wrote:That Guy With The Hair/You There from England.

You just reminded me of the Head Teacher PDHPE at the school I left last year, who tried to single someone out on assembly by saying "you there in the white shirt," in a school where a white shirt formed part of the uniform.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 14 Jan 2011, 11:22

Welcome Phail, are you doing the art or the science side in computer games? If art, you'll enjoy yourself.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Undersol
First Video: The Trouble With Scribbles [maybe]

Postby Undersol » 14 Jan 2011, 14:30

Hello Lrrites. I'm some person who likes this Canadian internet comedy troupe. I've been watching Lrr videos for a while and joined in the chat during DB4 so I figured I'd join these forums and such.

I'm a fan of Speculative Fiction and one day hope to write the stuff. Favorite SciFi series=John Varley's Gaea trilogy. Favorite Fantasy=Dresden Files. I like TF2, Minecraft, and Smash Bros.

I'm 18 y/o and from Small Town You've Never Heard Of, Ohio.
"And it also helps with splash-back"
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 15 Jan 2011, 03:17

Greetings, Undersol. You'll clearly fit in very well here. Pull up a chair and take a look around.

@Phailhammer: awesome username!
NdRo
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby NdRo » 15 Jan 2011, 13:47

Ottoman wrote:Welcome! Although, due to the nature of this community, these
NdRo wrote:That Guy With The Hair / You There from England
don't really narrow it down much. If anything, most of us would think of Lyinginbedmon given that description.

Thats rather reassuring to know :D lets just say I've been mistaken for certain relgious figures more than once (People in the town I'm at Uni in... not so smart :P )
Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Postby Psyclone » 17 Jan 2011, 16:33

Hi, I'm Psyclone. Looooooong time lurker (try 2006, but I wasn't old enough to use forums back then), actually joined the site a while ago, I just... never got around to introducing myself. So, hi?
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant
falconknight06
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby falconknight06 » 17 Jan 2011, 16:49

Undersol wrote:I'm 18 y/o and from Small Town You've Never Heard Of, Ohio.

Try me, as I grew up in a small town you've never heard of in Ohio.
Actually 3 falcons in a trench coat
zaddra
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Postby zaddra » 18 Jan 2011, 00:51

Well, I guess I should start with saying hi. My real name is Becka, but online everyone knows me by Zaddra, which is my pen-name and online alias. I'm currently in the process of writting a novel or two.

I'm an American college student, not proud of it but I am. So yeah, not much interesting about me really.

I've been watching LRR for about half a year now and I watch the forums now and again, figured it was about time to start getting more involved.
milow
First Video: Some ENN video on Escapist. I was late.

Postby milow » 18 Jan 2011, 20:28

I discovered LRR about a year ago by seeing some of their videos, I think ENN, when I was going to the Escapist to watch Zero Punctuation. I then spent a very long time catching up on all the backlog of videos online and ordering the available DVD's. I really wanted to understand some of the recurring characters and self referential parts. I'm still working on listening to old LRRcasts, which provide further insight and useful game reviews.

I thoroughly enjoyed Desert Bus and started thinking I've been a fan long enough that I should try to start giving feedback and getting involved with the community. I've been impressed by the civility and intelligence of the fans that seem to be drawn to LRR.

Something that I'm a bit puzzled about is whether it's best to talk about the current videos on the LRR forums or the Escapist ones. I started posting on the Escapist to counter some of the "I don't get it, I don't like it" responses by the community over there.

I guess it's a bit of a question whether it's better to try to convert new viewers into fans through the Escapist, like I was, or if I my participation would be more appreciated by the crew and fellow fans at the LRR site. If this was discussed in another thread, I apologize in advance. I didn't see a sticky, and searching for "Escapist" returns an overwhelming number of results.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 19 Jan 2011, 03:07

Hi milow. I'll waver the usual $10 sign up fee new members usually have to give me because of your interesting question. As you're going through all the old LRRCasts I'll direct you to Ways To Hide a Body and at 36:45 Andy Cownden gives his interpretation of why comedies work and why id doesn't.

Maybe talking on both forms is a good idea on the video discussion since we understand them more here and you can pass what you learn over to the Escapist, but I don't think many will listen. Enjoy yourself.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Yoshi_Gal
First Video: Unskippable 01. On The Escapist.

Postby Yoshi_Gal » 20 Jan 2011, 07:57

Hii!! or G'day, rather...

Um um um I'm Kinley, 18 years old, and I'm from Australia...or Canberra if you want to be specific. It is the capital city, which is not Sydney contrary to popular belief.

I've been watching LRR vidoes for like 2-3 years now I guess? Started out watching them on the escapist and then ventured over here and almost wet myself with excitement. I love, love, love ISC and Phail!! I did my major year 12 oral presentation on LRR. Thought it was about time I signed up to the forums.

Also, I play the saxophone which i think is pretty cool. DDR fanatic. Mostly handheld gamer, though I do dabble in PS2 from time to time, and my boyfriend recently introduced me to the wonders of the Xbox 360. I really actually like Eternal Sonata, but shhhhh!

Also, also...I'm a self confessed Paul and Morgan fangirl <333 I've watched the Meatshroom video more times than I can count, because you know, Morgan is totally cute! And anything with Paul is always a good time. Don't you just think Paul has the most wonderful sounding voice?? <sigh> He's just wonderful all the time. Oh my, I should probabaly shut up now...

So Yeah!
Thats me!! :mrgreen:
I don't have a lot of friends, just my fans. And they are all I need.
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 20 Jan 2011, 13:21

Yoshi_Gal wrote:I'm a self confessed Paul and Morgan fangirl <333
Everyone is a Paul and / or Morgan fangirl. Even if they're male.
Last edited by Ottoman on 20 Jan 2011, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
Yoshi_Gal
First Video: Unskippable 01. On The Escapist.

Postby Yoshi_Gal » 20 Jan 2011, 15:58

Oh. Well now I just feel silly.
I don't have a lot of friends, just my fans. And they are all I need.

Return to “General Discussion”