A poll for music lovers

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Yankeedoodle

A poll for music lovers

Postby Yankeedoodle » 27 Jun 2007, 17:54

Several days ago I got the album Sargent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, and I didn't like it. I thought it was inconsistant and weird (Espcially the end of "A Day In The Life"). Quite frankly, I thought it didn't deserve all the hype. What I thought was way better than Sargent Pepper was Dark Side of the Moon and for obvious reasons. Dark Side's songs are way more popular (5 out of 7 songs are on the radio all the time compaired to Pepper's 2 out of 13) and that it had a theme (Dark Side was about the negitive things that plague modern life, Time, Money, War, and Insanity). My poll queston to LRR and its followers is, which is better Dark Side or Sargent Pepper and why?

Remember: This isn't a poll about the bands The Beatles or Pink Floyd, it is about their albums.
"Everybody DANCE!"
"Hooray!!!!"
"My ANUS IS BLEEDING!"
"Hooray!!!!"
"I SAID MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!!!!"
"Hooray!!!!"
"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND EVERYTHING HOLY, MY ANUS IS BLEEEEDING!!!!!!"
"Hooray!!!!",
Don Hertzfeild
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 27 Jun 2007, 22:01

You forgot to make this a poll.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
Fumbles

Postby Fumbles » 28 Jun 2007, 01:05

While I enjoy dark side of the moon more than sargent peppers lonley hearts club band is still think splhcb is a really good album. I actually have the vinyl record of lonley hearts club band and just found it again recently
"I'd like to say to all the people of Australia - Kick me, I'm different."- Ron Hitler Barassi

Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 28 Jun 2007, 01:18

Fumbles wrote:While I enjoy dark side of the moon more than sargent peppers lonley hearts club band is still think splhcb is a really good album. I actually have the vinyl record of lonley hearts club band and just found it again recently

I've always loved his artwork, though I prefer his pencil drawings to his paintings... The man was a god among artists...

I had no idea he was affiliated with the Beatles though... I coulda swore he died in 1925... Hmmm maybe a relative.
Fumbles

Postby Fumbles » 28 Jun 2007, 01:35

I was talking about the beatles?

sergeant. lack of braincells. I've just finished exams. Leave me alone
"I'd like to say to all the people of Australia - Kick me, I'm different."- Ron Hitler Barassi

shigidab0p

Postby shigidab0p » 28 Jun 2007, 03:57

Just because one album is a concept album, doesn't make it better or worse. It's just a different way to go about things. For the record I'm not particularly into either (I like wierd music).
NBPharmacy

Re: A poll for music lovers

Postby NBPharmacy » 28 Jun 2007, 04:29

Yankeedoodle wrote:Which is better Dark Side or Sargent Pepper and why?

For me, the choice is unquestionably Dark Side. I've always been a huge fan of that album, and I feel that it is one of the best Pink Floyd albums period. I prefer their 'Middle' albums (Dark Side and Wish You Were Here) to their later (Animals & The Wall), yet all are quite the accomplishments. Pink Floyd really found their stride here. On the other hand, The Beatles had many of their major hits before Sgt. Pepper.

I feel that Dark Side was successful through the establishment of major themes as well as an overall consistent feel to the album. In addition, there are a couple really great pieces that you can just pull out and play from Dark Side. 'Money' and 'Time' have always been great set pieces, and I also really enjoy 'The Great Gig in the Sky' along with 'Breathe'. Overall, simply a great album.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
--Whatever is said in Latin, sounds profound.--
Yankeedoodle

OOPS

Postby Yankeedoodle » 28 Jun 2007, 08:06

Sorry about the poll part, now how do I do that, remember I am a noob :oops: .
"Everybody DANCE!"

"Hooray!!!!"

"My ANUS IS BLEEDING!"

"Hooray!!!!"

"I SAID MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!!!!"

"Hooray!!!!"

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND EVERYTHING HOLY, MY ANUS IS BLEEEEDING!!!!!!"

"Hooray!!!!",

Don Hertzfeild
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 28 Jun 2007, 12:01

while both bands have they're merrits, I don't think you can really even compare them... I mean I personnally enjoy sgt. peppers because I really like the style and the way all the music is written... and i've grown up listening to it, where as my parents didn't listen to pink floyd, and I didn't listen to them until I was older. So the beatles' music just has a positive connotation in my mind because I connect it to all those happy family moments i had as a kid...

So anyway, both awesome bands, both awesome albums... can't say much more then that
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
zombine
Location: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Postby zombine » 28 Jun 2007, 12:08

Id say dark side, but i would only listen to any Pink Floyd album if i can listen to the whole album. The Beatles i can pick up one or 2 songs into a play list, and just blank out.

overall, id rather listen to the wall, but thats just me.
Under13

Postby Under13 » 28 Jun 2007, 12:11

Sgt. Pepper. No real reason beyond personal preference.
<>{
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 28 Jun 2007, 12:43

i've been getting more and more into pink floyd lately. i gotta cast my vote for dark side.
D'Arcy
First Video: Something from season 2 or 3

Postby D'Arcy » 28 Jun 2007, 13:46

I don't think you can REALLY compare the two. The Beatles played pop-rock with progressive elements, and Pink Floyd played Progressive rock with pop elements. Also, SPLHCB came out 6 years BEFORE DSotM, which could have greatly effected the sound. However, none of that answered the question.

Dark Side of the Moon for me.
I write about videogames over at http://www.hbhud.com

Don’t expect great things, already know that it’s great and match it.
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 28 Jun 2007, 15:13

I love Pink Floyd, but I hafta go Peppers... It's what I grew up on.

Return to “General Discussion”