Transformers Movie (2007) - May contain spoilers

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go

What did you think of the transformovie?

OMFG AWESOME!!!
78%
Good!
13%
Okay
4%
Crap
No votes
Utterly Shit, doesnt deserve the transformers name!
4%

Total votes: 23
shigidab0p

Postby shigidab0p » 03 Jul 2007, 04:55

Sucks to be there! Wait, I'm going there tomorrow. Damn.
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 03 Jul 2007, 06:16

the only thing that sucks, is I was banking on this movie being so laughably bad that I'd have something to tear apart and feed my shattered ego with after it was all said and done.

I'm a little depressed they actually pulled it off.
foochong

Postby foochong » 03 Jul 2007, 09:19

ok this is a spoiler ... sorta

the one bad thing about this movie

THEY KILLED THE BLACK AUTO BOT !!!!!!!

why michale bay WWHHHYYYYYYYYYY
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 03 Jul 2007, 11:01

I went an saw it last night...

I thought it was awesome :D

The Bots looked very very realistic, the story was pretty good. It was very well done and I hope it does well.
Tank_girl

Postby Tank_girl » 03 Jul 2007, 12:46

shigidab0p wrote:Australia getting something ahead of the US?! It is a tad ridiculous really.

When you think about it, don't they get every day earlier then every one else?
shigidab0p

Postby shigidab0p » 03 Jul 2007, 18:26

Nah they get each day later. Here in oz we are GMT 8+ to +10 (without daylight savings) while in the americas you're all around -5 to -9. Wow we're ahead in something! And europe is around GMT and + a bit.
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 03 Jul 2007, 22:55

Is it me, or does Prime not seem..."robo-buff" enough? He's too sleak.
-Wraith
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 04 Jul 2007, 10:47

i was hoping for a crappy movie so i could ridicule matt about how aweful it was. my massive erection made it pretty obvious that i didn't hate the movie, so i couldn't even lie and pretend that i hated it.
it is the best it could possibly have been considering who directed it.
also, if you didn't like it then you are an emo tit... and nobody wants that.
Tank_girl

Postby Tank_girl » 04 Jul 2007, 10:51

Best. Movie. Ever1
CHO

Postby CHO » 05 Jul 2007, 09:34

I saw it last Thursday at Botcon with an awesome crowd, and went to see it again last night at Silver City. Crowd was good, but not as cheer-pop awesome as the Botcon one I was with. :D

Love the movie, ILM really outdid themselves. I find I think of it more as their movie than Bay's, really.

I only have two major criticisms:
-The Signal Hacker plot could have been cut entirely. Maggie and Glenn served little to no purpose, and everything gleaned from their exploits could have easily been done by military instead. However, this plot redeemed itself slightly in that it caused a Frenzy scene. :D
-The Sam's Backyard scene was just too long. I found it quite amusing for the first couple minutes, but then it just...dragged. And despite garnering huge laughs in the theatres, I wouldn't miss the masturbation joke if it was cut entirely. Too bludgeony for my tastes (and I recall an interview stating that it was an improv scene, too).

Random bits of love!
-Frenzy stole the show. Little freak hacker ninja, talking to himself for minutes at a time. I swear he was just swearing over and over again.
-The introduction of the rest of the Autobots was marvelous.
-Robot action immediately. <3 Blackout.
-At the Botcon screening, I really sat forward in my sit and grinned right when Barricade ran + transformed to chase down Bumblebee. That moment really kicks off "this is TRANSFORMERS".
-Bonecrusher saying "I HATE YOU" right before getting offed.
-Hugo Weaving pwning the Megatron role. No spoiler reviews I saw before Botcon mentioned him having more than two lines, and I nearly gaped when he thaws out and says "I AM...MEGATRON."
-Shia Laboeuf impressed the fuck out of me. I thought the human cast were going to be utterly forgettable, but I loved his performance. Random awesome Sam line: "Yeeaaah- gotta go- my car's chasing me-"
-"ARE YOU USERNAME LADIESMAN217?! ARE YOU USERNAME LADIESMAN217?!!!" Barricade is sexy. And according to the writers (at their Botcon panel, at least), he is meant to have survived. A cut scene at the end was one where Frenzy is revealed to be alive, and he revives Barricade.
-DeBrawlVastator fighting off an army of humans + 3 autobots with ONE ARM for quite some time before finally going down. I was afraid the human military would asskick all the 'Cons with little effort, and that bit impressed me.
-Decepticons massacring the human military when I thought Bay'd have them get their chassises scrapped in seconds (Starscream vs the F-22s as an example). Blackout being the exception...me and some other folks figure he made the mistake of storing his spark in his crotch, as that was apparently his critical weak point.

Overall, was very impressed. I'd definitely see it a third time on the big screen.

And do NOT bother with the bootleg floating around online. A good 30% of the picture is outright missing, for one. And for two, it's fucking ludicrous to choose to watch this film in cam-in-crowd quality over the theatre experience. ;)

I'll end with a quote from a Botcon friend of mine, who had spent the last year hardcore hating everything related to the movie. He had this to say after the Botcon screening:

"I'll admit when I'm wrong. That was fucking awesome. I still hate the toys, but that was fucking awesome."

PS: CHO has all the movie toys and <3s them
Sex hat keine Macht!
Sex hat keine Macht!
Du blutest nicht genug für mich
Küss mich noch ein letztes Mal

-Sex Hat Keine Macht by Oomph!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 05 Jul 2007, 12:32

I basically agree with everything CHO said.
I thought all the humans would suck, but nearly every one of them had an awesome character.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 05 Jul 2007, 12:42

I want the Transformers Unleashed version of Barricade. I've only seen the Bumblebee version. =(

Some spoilers:

But yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll see Barricade next time as well as, get this, Galvatron. =O

I mean, what's a good way to fuse Megatron, with the All-Spark melted into his chest, with the rest of the Decepticons?

Why, an unfathomable amount of water pressure, you say?

I do believe that can be arranged, sirrah!

I wish there'd been a bit more of certain fights, like Barricade vs Bumblebee, and a smidge more of Megatron vs Optimus. When I first saw Barricade chasing Bumblebee, I was literally on the edge of my seat, leaning forward with my chin in my hands, grinning like a kid again.

Incidentally, seeing as Soundwave wasn't in this one, and they mentioned they were holding him for a future sequel, until they thought they could do him right(since they didn't want dramatic size changing), my bet's on Soundwave being one of the first to pick up Optimus' "We're waiting' signal.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 05 Jul 2007, 14:03

It's only been open since Monday night and they've already made $101mil worldwide.
Considering the budget was $150mil and they haven't had they're opening weekend yet... I'd say that's pretty amazing.
CHO

Postby CHO » 05 Jul 2007, 14:17

There were Unleashed Prime and Megatron (spinny bases with robot on one side, vehicle on the other) on display at Botcon, but no Barricade yet. :(

However!! There is a line called "Real Action" or somesuch with Revoltech-style robotmode action figures of a bunch of movie characters. So far it's Prime, Megatron, Frenzy, Jazz, and Barricade with a TIRE-GIMLET alternate hand. Revoltechs are some awesome plastic crack, so that's one way to go if you want a very bladey botmode Barricade.

Also, try out the DS games for more Barricade awesome. He's KEITH DAVID in those.
Sex hat keine Macht!

Sex hat keine Macht!

Du blutest nicht genug für mich

Küss mich noch ein letztes Mal

-Sex Hat Keine Macht by Oomph!
Ultimatebiscuit

Postby Ultimatebiscuit » 06 Jul 2007, 05:37

I'll have to go and agree with most of the praise said so far. I'm not gonna bother typing out the same sentiments everyone else took the time to type out.

Great movie, really impressed yadda yadda yadda.. I'm gonna go make a sandwich.

8)
Fumbles

Postby Fumbles » 06 Jul 2007, 05:56

Just literally got back from watching it

FUCKIZNG AWESOME

two things though

1. Some parts had the worst scripting "You're a soldier now!"
2. Why were there F-14s on the carriers when the US navy deserviced the few squadrons left in september of last year?
"I'd like to say to all the people of Australia - Kick me, I'm different."- Ron Hitler Barassi

Wraith

Postby Wraith » 06 Jul 2007, 07:48

Allen! wrote:I want the Transformers Unleashed version of Barricade. I've only seen the Bumblebee version. =(

Some spoilers:

But yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll see Barricade next time as well as, get this, Galvatron. =O

I mean, what's a good way to fuse Megatron, with the All-Spark melted into his chest, with the rest of the Decepticons?

Why, an unfathomable amount of water pressure, you say?

I do believe that can be arranged, sirrah!

I wish there'd been a bit more of certain fights, like Barricade vs Bumblebee, and a smidge more of Megatron vs Optimus. When I first saw Barricade chasing Bumblebee, I was literally on the edge of my seat, leaning forward with my chin in my hands, grinning like a kid again.

Incidentally, seeing as Soundwave wasn't in this one, and they mentioned they were holding him for a future sequel, until they thought they could do him right(since they didn't want dramatic size changing), my bet's on Soundwave being one of the first to pick up Optimus' "We're waiting' signal.

Fucking ipods!
-Wraith
Wraith

Postby Wraith » 06 Jul 2007, 07:49

STOP TAUTNING ME WITH YOUR ABILITIES TO GO TO BOTCON!
-Wraith
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 06 Jul 2007, 09:45

I rofled at the More Than Meets The Eye line.

It was a really awesome movie, but the last battle scene was a bit too long. Also, it was REALLY hard to tell what the hell was going on in that first fight Bumblebee got into.
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 06 Jul 2007, 16:03

Yeah it was awesome, i jsut saw it today. I didnt think it was too long but i twas long in a good way. the humour made it better and i'm glad they didnt make it too serious otherwise it would ahve been dumb

Also i hate fuckers who write comments like "why was X Xing when Y Z'd after Y Xed Z" who cares, you payed too much attention to the movie and ruined it for yourself and no one cares but you
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 06 Jul 2007, 16:31

Wraith wrote:I bought a two year subscription to Muscle & Fitness and they threw in a sub to that as well

riiiight, whatever you say
zombine
Location: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Postby zombine » 06 Jul 2007, 20:33

Matt wrote:there are no words. they should have sent a poet.

-m

Matt wrote:I'm still going to see it. I've pretty much expected the worst from the get go.

-m
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 06 Jul 2007, 22:33

zombine wrote:
Matt wrote:there are no words. they should have sent a poet.

-m

Matt wrote:I'm still going to see it. I've pretty much expected the worst from the get go.

-m

I remember that as well.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
The_Watchman

Postby The_Watchman » 07 Jul 2007, 16:28

I was pretty disappointed. The humor was really forced and lame, and I feel like the Transformers played 2nd fiddle to the humans way too much, and that pretty much any part with the humans, except Sam and co. (and even some with him) felt really draggy and pointless. I mean, for a 2 and a half hour movie, the Transformers didn't really start doing their thing until the last 30 minutes or so, and Prime was the only one with any real personality. Guess I was just expecting a live-action cartoon. I mean the fighting was awesome, but there wasn't enough.

Ah well, I still have hope for the eventual sequel. No need for any secrecy and build-up. The Transformers are here...let them gloriously kick each other's asses.
I think so Brain, but if they called them Sad Meals, then kids wouldn't buy them.
darthsparkles

Postby darthsparkles » 07 Jul 2007, 23:19

foochong wrote:ok this is a spoiler ... sorta

the one bad thing about this movie

THEY KILLED THE BLACK AUTO BOT !!!!!!!

why michale bay WWHHHYYYYYYYYYY

jazz has always been annoying. i'm glad they killed him.

this movie was fucking epic. words cannot describe.
sweet zombie jesus, i love you michael bay.
thank you for not ruining everything that is holy to me.
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Return to “General Discussion”