Reuse, Repair, Recycle, Reload

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Nick-In-England

Reuse, Repair, Recycle, Reload

Postby Nick-In-England » 25 Jul 2007, 11:19

After my holiday to the beach, my psp has not played games, due to the large amout of sand I was forced to remove from its disk drive.
Goddamn it.
But today, I was so angered by its inability to entertain me, aside from sitting there going:

"I'm still useful, I can play movies you have uploaded and music on my stereo speakers!"

I just picked it up, whilst it was loading, and threw it across the room. Aside from the hidden safety parchute feature I did not know it had, It commenced loading as soonas it struck the partician wall in my room.

I was now able to commence beating the crap out of oversized dragons on Monster Hunter Freedom.

So my my question is, what is the most unusual repair method you have ever used on a broken device?

Or What is the most destructive thing you have done to a games console in pure frustration.

OR What has frustrated you the most on a video game.
TIME: No Optic Camoflague

SCREW: Like I care

TIME: No Need To get Hostile
zombine
Location: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Postby zombine » 25 Jul 2007, 12:23

My friend hit a printer with a hammer to make it work, thats about it.
RPGManic

Postby RPGManic » 25 Jul 2007, 12:28

my friend has dropped many a GBA, DS and N64 in his Tea, and they all still work.. better than before actually.

I personally rammed my GC full of bluetak in order to retreive a small piece of glass that had fallen into the top.. It worked for a little while longer.

Oh, and i dropped my Laptop to get he screen to work (no idea why)
and currently my powercable (which snapped at the latop power point) is being help up with cellotape and duct tape, but needs constant manovering to keep the power going..

speaking of which..
MAKE PENNE ARIBIATA NOT WAR
meisbored
First Video: Daylight Savings

Postby meisbored » 25 Jul 2007, 12:31

How can you drop an N64 into your tea? Unless you have a sink or bathtub full of tea
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 25 Jul 2007, 13:30

I have, on more than one occasion, diagnosed and/or worked around a heat dissipation problem by working on laptops inside the freezer.
-Wraith
Pattmyn

Postby Pattmyn » 25 Jul 2007, 13:45

I still say the weirdest cure for a borked hard drive is throwing it in the freezer over night.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 25 Jul 2007, 14:34

I got Super Mario Bros. (yes, the NES game) stuck in the wall. It solved the problem....the problem that I couldn't get past this one part with moving platforms. I'll never have the problem again....
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Nick-In-England

Postby Nick-In-England » 26 Jul 2007, 05:37

My house had serious foundation problems the insant I got Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox. Damn you ALMA, you made me put a fist through my door!
TIME: No Optic Camoflague

SCREW: Like I care

TIME: No Need To get Hostile
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 26 Jul 2007, 16:56

i spilled milk on/in my keyboard once, it worked but smelled bad after a while so i had to get another

Return to “General Discussion”