A Cry for help...

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

A Cry for help...

Postby tak197 » 03 Sep 2007, 03:15

HELP ME>>>

I just found out that apparently there will be a Zombie War on campus here at Penn State, complete with weapons such as Tampon guns and the like. The reason that I am crying out for help is because after hearing about the premise I discovered the reality of it.

It's a CAMPUS WIDE LARPfest!!!!!!!

SAVE MEEEEEEEEEE!!! If you have any sense of decency and feel that my living here is cruel and unusual punishment, help to get my ass out of here.

EDIT: I should add though, that as much as I hate this entire event, some good came of it. My friend Megan told a story that may end up being in a Kevin Smith script. (WARNING: NOT TOO APPROPRIATE FOR WORK!!!)

She was with her sister in New Jersey at K-Smith's comic book shop (yeah I'm that hardcore of a fan of his, I know the name right?) and got to talk to two of his friends, one of whom was a security guard in Mallrats. She told them that friends of ours were participating in this Humans vs. Zombies War here at Penn State, as well as that my friend was building a tampon gun (seen here) for use in the war.

One of the guys said something along the lines of "So used tampons can kill zombies. Never knew that."

"I know," she said. "I always thought they used them to make tea."

By her report, the looks on their faces were pricelessly creeped out. She has since been emailing them, and apparently Kevin is writing a new script and may be including that story in it.
Last edited by tak197 on 11 Sep 2007, 14:25, edited 1 time in total.
JoeNewberry
First Video: Rejected "Get a Mac" Ads

Postby JoeNewberry » 03 Sep 2007, 04:32

I would say barricade yourself in your room with food and supplies to last through the zombie holocaust, but people might get the mistaken impression you were playing along. Hide under a bed? Flee the city in a helicopter? No, wait, same thing. I guess the only way to face a live action roleplayed zombie infestation is to walk up to the zombies and shatter their playworld by offering them flowers and candy.

Or to be really cerebral about it, you can offer them copies of Kelly Makin's Kids in the Hall film Brain Candy.
The Happy Friar

Postby The Happy Friar » 03 Sep 2007, 07:30

piss on any zombies who approach you. See, the issue in the movies is that normaly people piss on themselves. I'd imagine zombies in real life don't like being pissed on.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 03 Sep 2007, 10:06

Where's Brad when you need him?
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 03 Sep 2007, 11:03

Grab a shotgun. If there's going to be zombies, there has to be a hero.
I can't think of a signature.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 03 Sep 2007, 11:09

Who the hell are you?!?

Name's Ash.

Housewares.

*BLAM*

~Alja-Markir~
RPGManic

Postby RPGManic » 03 Sep 2007, 13:01

if there LARPer Zombies (and ive delt with a few in my InCharacer time) then taking some form or nerf shotgun or other weapon that fires caps, would make yoru day a very good one.

Just walk around, shooting random zombies all day, if theyre LARPing at all, they will hit the floor liek a sack o shit. If not then theyre winey noobs wholl do a halo monologe about how you never hit them.

to which you pistol whip them.

Have fun!

BTW: the zombies i delt with. Fucking amasing costumes..

http://domain1625987.sites.fasthosts.co ... _show.html
about half way through theres a zombie who peals off her/his face.. beyond awsome.
MAKE PENNE ARIBIATA NOT WAR
AJ

Postby AJ » 03 Sep 2007, 13:09

RPGManic wrote:if there LARPer Zombies (and ive delt with a few in my InCharacer time) then taking some form or nerf shotgun or other weapon that fires caps, would make yoru day a very good one.

Good idea, but I'd modify it. Add a laser sight. Add a scope for long range zombie hunting. Buy multiple ammo things, get a vest, and mod the gun to run on clips. Put a retractable knife on the end of your gun that will go from no-stab to stab mode quickly through the use of a button and spring.

Or, just bring a paintball gun. If you do, take pictures please. :D
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 03 Sep 2007, 14:33

Dress up like a zombie but act like you have no idea what going on/ why everyone else is dressed up. Just act normal but dressed zombie like.
Image Image Image
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 03 Sep 2007, 17:18

and to think i was thiiisss close to going to psu.... whew...
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Sam

Postby Sam » 04 Sep 2007, 04:29

I found myself (unexpectedly) caught up in last year's Brisbane Zombie Walk. No roleplayers, just kids out for a good time. Wish I had a shotgun.

Some of the costumes/makeup jobs were fantastic. There was one zombie with a burnt-off face that was particularly impressive. Pics here.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 04 Sep 2007, 06:00

I have a shotgun that I keep in my room for just such an emergency. You may use it if you like.

Or you could LARP with them
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 04 Sep 2007, 11:21

Why would I LARP with them Cake? I'm asking for HELP, and that means beyond the "If you can't beat em..." philosophy.

However on a bit of a happier note, I was walking to class this morning, and swear to God, I saw Mario Batali walking with his family. MARIO FUCKIN BATALI. Either that or a dead on lookalike, complete with khaki shorts, Crocs and fleece vest. I didn't say hi, but I think I did do a twelve-take.
RPGManic

Postby RPGManic » 04 Sep 2007, 12:44

dude, how many times do you get given a reason on a silver plate to go shoot people with nerf guns or anything else that shoot bullets

if that was me id be going out and buying myself a bow and LARP safe arrows and shooting the hell out of them. If they dont go down, they suck as zombies

to which you can audibly tell them theyre crap LARPers

UNLESS (big unless, see?) they arent ACTUALLY LARPING? they might justbe dressing up as zombies? LARP is quite definate as being a 'LIVE ACTION ROLE PLAY' that means 'LIVE COMBAT' not just dressing up, otherwise ComiCons would be LARP.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 04 Sep 2007, 13:42

tak197 wrote:Why would I LARP with them Cake? I'm asking for HELP, and that means beyond the "If you can't beat em..." philosophy.

RPGManic wrote:dude, how many times do you get given a reason on a silver plate to go shoot people with nerf guns or anything else that shoot bullets

Even if they aren't LARPing you can get away with this. It would be sweeeet.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
RPGManic

Postby RPGManic » 05 Sep 2007, 12:01

Dude, im off tomorrow morning to get a good start at spending a weekend fighting/shooting people (if im bloody lucky) at my next LARP event, an Actual LARP, not sodding zombie walk.

Im stoked to hell and i have to raise thecash IC and OOC to pay for th dam pistol, which has 3 shots a weekend!! its lame, but im still feckin off my face with smugness.

Ill have 2 :D and a double damge skill, WOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo.....

*chough* yeah.. go shoot zombies with nerf guns. Or better yet, get Brad to do it, he looks like he can have a laugh.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 11 Sep 2007, 14:26

I updated the first post with a bit of an update.
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 11 Sep 2007, 19:15

Graham wrote:Where's Brad when you need him?

*BAMF!*

And lo! Behind a black cloak of pure midnight, he appears!

Umm... sorry, I was in the can.
All hail the great deku tree!
Twitter
Flickr
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 11 Sep 2007, 19:18

Brad wrote:
Graham wrote:Where's Brad when you need him?

*BAMF!*

And lo! Behind a black cloak of pure midnight, he appears!

Umm... sorry, I was in the can.

Thank God you're here. Penn State University is about to have a campus wide LARPfest involving zombies and tampon guns. Are you up for the challenge to save innocent geeky bystanders before they get caught up in the melee?

Grenades in the mouth probably won't help, seeing as all involved are pretty much alive.
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 11 Sep 2007, 20:54

Tak, are you saying you aren't going....

-^_^-
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 11 Sep 2007, 20:57

tak197 wrote:Thank God you're here. The president has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to save the president?
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 11 Sep 2007, 21:07

Kawaiicaps wrote:Tak, are you saying you aren't going....

-^_^-

Again, I am NOT that sort of nerd. I'm the choral, musica-theatrical, intarwebical, ballroom dancical kind of nerd. Not the "let's pretend we are reenacting Shaun of the Dead in a really stupid and messed up way" kind.

I mean I still am friends with them, but that's where I draw the line.
Brad

Postby Brad » 11 Sep 2007, 22:43

Tak: Grenade-mouth tactics always help people. For a certain value of "help" and "people"

Aijamakir... Elisha-Marker... Alja-Makir...: If by "kidnapped by ninjas" you mean "put in a pot of boiling water" and by "save" you mean "eat" and by "president" you mean "perogies," then yes. Yes I am.

Twitter

Flickr

Brad

Postby Brad » 11 Sep 2007, 22:56

Twitter

Flickr

Rain

Postby Rain » 11 Sep 2007, 23:18

A post on the door. IM NOT DEAD! Or No LARPING IN MY SIGHT! :roll: if all does not work, get a big knife and keep it in sight of any one who enters. Have a note by it that says "Note (your name here) This is a anit LARP Weapon. Use as needed. (your God here)"
I have one worse, Mall zombies... "Shopping... SHOPPING!..."
*twitch*
I know I cant spell...
"sometimes, Stuff happens. you have to get over it."
"the thing is, Life will go on, Even if you dont want it to."
I have to Frelling Clue!

Return to “General Discussion”