STOP!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Mouse

Postby Mouse » 20 Sep 2007, 13:31

NecroVale wrote:What you do in the privacy of your own home is between you and the internet. :P

*facepalms*

*headdesks*

*repeats*
-Holy kleenex, Batman, it was right under our noses the whole time!
-Satan wears a bucket hat!
-If tin whistles are made of tin, what are fog horns made of?
-Lewis has AIDS
-Meddle ye not with dragons, for ye are crunchy and good with ketchup
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 20 Sep 2007, 13:44

Mouse wrote:
*headdesks*

This reminds me of a story that was going around the teachers when I was in Japan.

The short form of the story goes as such:
While a friend of a friend was teaching english to a class in a high school one student was so frustrated/bored/upset that he put two pencils up his nose, one up each nostril. Then he head desks and the pencils get smashed into his nose and he dies instantly.

My fellow teachers would swear this was a true story but no one actually knew the teacher or what school it was at. though the story goes that the teacher taught with the Jet program.

I frankly don't believe it. But regardless, don't head desk with pencils up your nose.

-^_^-
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 20 Sep 2007, 13:58

My word... pip pip and tally ho what a disappointment it was catching up on what was going on in the LRR forums. My good people, I must implore you to remember that there will always be people whose opinions, beliefs, infantile spelling of basic words and errors in elementary grammar will seem to demand a response of stabbing them in the neck and setting their corpse on fire. However, this is teh internets, and sadly such responses are not (at our current level of technology) possible, although I am told that scientists are even now working on the punch-o-tron and set-corpse-on-fire plugins as we speak.

That being said, forums are so often the venues for young minds to crystallize their opinions and thoughts as they occur. Thusly, extremist opinions supported by imperfect understandings or research are going to happen. The only way to moderate these is through thoughtful dialogue. It is important to remember that the word "debate" comes from the old french debattre meaning "to fight" or "to beat down completely."

My final word:
All hail the great deku tree!
Twitter
Flickr

Return to “General Discussion”