TF2 - Signups?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

TF2 - Signups?

Postby Alja-Markir » 16 Oct 2007, 22:58

Okay, Team Fortress 2 rocks. If you've played it, you probably love it. If you are reading this and love TF2, you'd probably like to spend some time kicking the asses of other forumites.

So, let's make this work! I mean, you DOTA noobs pulled it off, so it can't be too hard.

1) We need a server - If someone has a reliable one that they run themselves (or through friends, etc) that could be converted into the LRR Server, woot, let's do that. If not, we need to find a nice, centrally located N. American server we can all swamp.

2) We need a roster - Who's in, essentially. Also, perhaps we can form a LRR clan. I'd join.

3) We need common playtimes - We'll just have to work this part out as the rest of it all comes together.

Let's get cracking!

~Alja~
Discomonkey

Postby Discomonkey » 16 Oct 2007, 23:44

I'm perfectly willing to melt everyones faces, provided you can schedule it Wednesday to Saturday.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 17 Oct 2007, 00:06

Wednesday would be awesome, Friday would also be good.

Edit: I just realized we can use the LRR Community to work this. Sign up there, if you haven't already.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Discomonkey

Postby Discomonkey » 17 Oct 2007, 05:38

Any chance you can schedule it later than you have? Because for me, and any other Australian's that's about 6 in the morning.
The Happy Friar

Postby The Happy Friar » 17 Oct 2007, 05:59

you can get servers hosted online for as low as $1 a slot/month. So a 12 person game would cost $12 a month. would be more reliable then running @ home.
Not responsible for delays due to incorrect address, payment information, publisher date change, inclement weather or Samus and Solid Snake exchanging vows in a small but tasteful civil ceremony.
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 17 Oct 2007, 06:42

Arr, we gunna be doin' somethin' separate for us 360 users?
Discomonkey

Postby Discomonkey » 17 Oct 2007, 06:43

No, you should have bought it for pc, now you miss out.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 17 Oct 2007, 06:53

God, I forgot. Corax is the admin for the LRR community, and he sets stupid times for things.
Sable
The Master Chef

Postby Sable » 17 Oct 2007, 07:25

Discomonkey wrote:No, you should have bought it for pc, now you miss out.

Hey now, I haven't had a PC for years.

Oh well. Maybe next year.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 17 Oct 2007, 08:25

I feel so sorry for you 360 folks. Smaller max game size, and then all that crippling lag... I can't imagine playing TF2 with half the people and ten times the latency. What a waste.

Seriously folks, PC's may be out of vogue at the moment, but believe me, they'll continue on just as strongly as ever before. They're the most powerful, most versatile systems out there. Consoles first gained a foothold because they were cheaper than PC's, but no longer.

Of course, with rising console prices, people have shifted to the argument that "game developers don't want to take the time to make their games compatible with multiple possible hardware setups. Consoles are easier." This is somewhat true, but more and more consoles seem to be losing ground. That's why they added DVD player functions and whatnot, they're trying to make consoles more appealing with more PC-like features. But then the price just rockets up again and a PC is the better choice for the money again.

~Alja~
Sable
The Master Chef

Postby Sable » 17 Oct 2007, 08:31

While the lag may be bad at the moment, Valve has said they're pushing a patch to fix that through the Live tubes that may be available by this weekend, which is nice.

Truth be known I'm looking forward most to Portal, but TF2 looks too hilariously good to pass up - and I played way too much TFC back "in the day." I've been thinking of renewing my Live Gold membership for Halo 3, but Orange Box clinched it.

One of the biggest reasons I've been shifting my attention to consoles is I just find myself enjoying the gameplay more. WSAD will never die, nor will mouse-keyboard and hey, that's great. But for some reason I find myself just having more fun on my 360 than I did when I had a PC.

I'll be picking up a Macbook Pro sometime in the next few months, so I'll probably give another shot at PC gaming again to see if it still holds true. It might not and I'll have to go through the process of hooking up a gaming rig to my theatre system, because once you've played games on a 62" screen in fully Dolby digital, you just don't go back.
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 17 Oct 2007, 14:22

ok i am jsut now raeding this post and what if i were to reschedule it to 9pm? thats 8 am for you guys and i dont really wana stay up super late, so thats 8am on saturday right? i will not reschedule it unless someone responds to this and eventually we should be able to find a good time to play, see you in 2 days.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 17 Oct 2007, 14:30

Corax wrote:ok i am jsut now raeding this post and what if i were to reschedule it to 9pm? thats 8 am for you guys and i dont really wana stay up super late, so thats 8am on saturday right? i will not reschedule it unless someone responds to this and eventually we should be able to find a good time to play, see you in 2 days.

Yes. In the evening would be great, because during the original time most people are doing one of three things: School/getting home from it, work/getting home from it, and dinner.
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 17 Oct 2007, 14:36

ok it will be rescheduled for 8:30 pm central time, of course people can join after that, but if i get it started at 8:30 than it ensures that by 9:00 we will have some people playing, of course this is the first event so we can workout scheduling, and if we get a permanent server up than we might not even have to schedule anything.
Alex Steacy
First Video: Beats me! No seriously Graham hits me.

Postby Alex Steacy » 17 Oct 2007, 15:14

Oh mang I wanna play - I should be able to make it...
jtaylor
ASCII Ninja
First Video: Talk Like a Pirate

Postby jtaylor » 17 Oct 2007, 15:39

Now I really do need to go out and get this game.

Hopefully you won't all get distracted by some other game in a few weeks.
Alex Steacy

Postby Alex Steacy » 17 Oct 2007, 16:28

Considering how good this game is, it might take us a while.
Citin

Postby Citin » 17 Oct 2007, 16:52

Ok I've been too busy playing tf2 and just saw this post... How do I find the LRR community page!
"I'll be in Africa. If you need me just phone Africa, I told them to expect your call." - The Pointy Haired Boss
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 18 Oct 2007, 18:08

BTW alex are you in the steam community? whats your name on it?
Alex Steacy

Postby Alex Steacy » 18 Oct 2007, 21:55

My username for Steam is eximworks.

Return to “General Discussion”