Worst idea for a TV show ever

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
theProphetSuz

Postby theProphetSuz » 21 Oct 2007, 18:51

Kawaiicaps wrote:Sponge bob is funny! I love it but don't watch it regularly or anything, just when I'm babysitting my nephews. It's way better than a lot of other kids shows out there.

About the youtube vid show
A housewifey talk show called Rachael Ray has been showing youtube vids every couple of weeks and actually interviews the people that made the video and stuff. Since a lot of the vids they show are just internet memes I find the interviews interesting because it's neat to seethe person behind the silly video.
The problem is that the videos they pick are about some kind of ugly dog that is so ugly people find cute, or a baby that can is a geography pro or something..... nothing really cool but always cute. you know... crap housewives like.

-^_^-

Exactly.
I suspect the videos that they're showing here will be just dumb stuff.

I'd rather see what people there are out there making good stuff on the internet. Not what the latest craze is on youtube.
Green Eggs and Hampire
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 23 Oct 2007, 14:02

I personally think Spongebob is full of awesome. It's a kids show and really is just meant to be absolutely ridiculous and stupid. I think it actually has a lot of great gags. I don't think it's at all really leading people thinking you can get through life being an absolute dumbass. Maybe kids'll think that when they're like 3 years old or something, but they'll come to understand that it takes a bit more than being a moron working at a fast food restaurant to get through life.

It's mild entertainment and that's all that is asked of it.
Nick-In-England

Postby Nick-In-England » 23 Oct 2007, 14:07

10:30, thursdays, Dave on British Freeview, Totally Viral.

A telly vision show devoted to shitty videos from youtube

I swear to god above that television cannot get any worse.

Esspecially after the SHOCKING Dr Who news.
TIME: No Optic Camoflague

SCREW: Like I care

TIME: No Need To get Hostile
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

What was the shocking Dr Who news? I didn't hear it.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
theProphetSuz

Postby theProphetSuz » 23 Oct 2007, 16:50

Cake wrote:What was the shocking Dr Who news? I didn't hear it.

Indeed. What news?!
Green Eggs and Hampire
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 23 Oct 2007, 16:54

If it's that it is not going to be on the air after this season, then it's not really new.

If it's something else, then I am very curious.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 23 Oct 2007, 22:03

My understanding is that there will only a few specials in 2009 before the series returns in 2010. This is to allow David Tennant to perform in a Royal Shakespeare Company production of Hamlet. Whether we have an eleventh Doctor in season five is unknown.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Mouse

Postby Mouse » 24 Oct 2007, 06:04

Lord Chrusher wrote:My understanding is that there will only a few specials in 2009 before the series returns in 2010. This is to allow David Tennant to perform in a Royal Shakespeare Company production of Hamlet. Whether we have an eleventh Doctor in season five is unknown.

If that's the shocking Doctor Who news then I already heard it. Not impressed.

If its about Peter Davidson, then I'd be just a little impressed, but not much.

If its something else...do tell...
-Holy kleenex, Batman, it was right under our noses the whole time!
-Satan wears a bucket hat!
-If tin whistles are made of tin, what are fog horns made of?
-Lewis has AIDS
-Meddle ye not with dragons, for ye are crunchy and good with ketchup
Unclever title

Postby Unclever title » 24 Oct 2007, 07:21

Life lessons learned are things that stand the test of time. Sure any kid will imitate what they see on TV but when they discover that this doesn't actually work in real life (which we all do) they will stop it. It takes some longer than others but hey that's life.

Spongebob Squarepants is NOT an educational show, it was never intended to be. As such it shouldn't be judged as such, if you really don't want you kids/future kids watching it, then don't let them watch it!

I happen to find it entertaining, and I'm 19. I find many cartoons entertaining, blame my dad he never grew up either (at least not at heart) but the point is that it is mindless entertainment, and that is entertaining. Also mindless entertainment doesn't necessarily promote mindlessness if you have the mind to use your mind.

The trouble is a lot of kids these days don't...
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 24 Oct 2007, 08:37

Unclever title wrote:but the point is that it is mindless entertainment, and that is entertaining. Also mindless entertainment doesn't necessarily promote mindlessness if you have the mind to use your mind.

The trouble is a lot of kids these days don't...

KUE EFF FUCKING TEA!!!!!!!

-^_^-
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 24 Oct 2007, 18:53

Lord Chrusher wrote:My understanding is that there will only a few specials in 2009 before the series returns in 2010. This is to allow David Tennant to perform in a Royal Shakespeare Company production of Hamlet. Whether we have an eleventh Doctor in season five is unknown.

Hey that reminds me...

MTV is doing a show looking for the new members of Menudo.

Return to “General Discussion”