Hellgate London????

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Corax
Hangleyman

Hellgate London????

Postby Corax » 20 Oct 2007, 21:18

Ok so if you havent heard of it its supposed to be an action rpg made by the guys who made diablo. so is this actualy a good game? im downloading the SP demo right now and idk what to think of it yet.

Pros:
Action
PVP
Fast Paced
Hardcore Mode!

Cons:
Monthly
Guilds
Lack of classes (2 per faction) [3 factions]
will prolly be addictive in that classin MMO way

i don't want to be chewed up slowly over the next few years and spit out like my experience with WoW was, the Action aspect sems intruiging thou, so what do you guys think of it and has anyone here played it or been in the beta?
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 20 Oct 2007, 21:21

Didn't read your post, it's too long and I'm not sober

I know alot of peopel that have played it, say its awesome, I MIGHT buy it...but I kinda...don't want to spend 50 bucks that I dont have atm.

So maybe. It's supposed to be awesome, but I don't think I coudl get into it as much as something liek WoW
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Discomonkey

Postby Discomonkey » 20 Oct 2007, 21:53

Everyone I've spoken to so far says it's unremarkable, and at times horrid. What little voice acting there is is terrible, and the bosses are so easy that you hardly ever notice when you're facing one in a pack of enemies. That's two major strikes against it for me. Diablo 2 had great voice acting, and the bosses were both hard and memorable. If Andariel didn't rape you the first time you fought her then you are either incredibly lucky or a lier.

As well as that, all the abilities are either boring or useless, and in the end it doesn't really matter which you pick, since everything is so easy.

I know plenty of people have been raving about this because of the people behind it, but if the game is really this bad then it looks like they ran out of ideas and talent after Diablo 2 and have spent the last 8 years getting their dicks sucked by adoring fans..

Also, I lose a lot of respect for a company which use naked pinups in playboy to promote the game.
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 20 Oct 2007, 22:32

If blizzard is making everything p2p, then I will be a sad sad lavos.
i dont know what's happening anymore
Discomonkey

Postby Discomonkey » 20 Oct 2007, 22:39

Blizzard isn't making, a bunch of ex-Blizzard guys called Flagship are.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 21 Oct 2007, 03:36

These days, EVERYONE is ex-Blizzard. They had to hire so many people when WoW went big, because they supremely underestimated. A lot of those people left and formed their own things, only to be replaced.

~Alja~
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 21 Oct 2007, 04:30

I've played the beta a bit, and like it. One of the nice things about it is that you can still play without paying the monthly fee, and that doesn't cause a huge detriment to your gameplay.
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 21 Oct 2007, 08:32

ok so i have played the singleplayer demo briefly, i kinda like it, but its kinda like, why dont i just play d2, i could care less about the graphics, but i do like the characters are self sufficient with potions and that theres no healers. so im still undecided, it also reminds me of guild wars wich isnt good.
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 21 Oct 2007, 08:36

oh also, i know if i start playing this it will be the only thing i play, and i dont wanna give up TF2 i dont think

Return to “General Discussion”