Call Of Duty 4.

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Mr.Michael

Call Of Duty 4.

Postby Mr.Michael » 30 Nov 2007, 21:35

So, thoughts?

I have beating it on Recruit, Regular, and Veteran now, all I have to do is Skilled. The difference between veteran and Skilled is substantially worse than the gap between any of the others. Anyone else noticed this? As well, any tips on beating it on Skilled, I can't seem to get terribly far, even with 3 or 4 hour sessions :(
- One Two, Freddies Comin For You, Three Four, Better Lock your Door, Five Six, Grab Your Crucifix, Seven Eight, Gonna Stay Up Late, Nine Ten, Never Sleep Again....
The_Russ

Postby The_Russ » 01 Dec 2007, 10:16

Not played much on the single player. If I die a couple of times I just get board and do something else.
But I love the Online play. I am a bit cannon fodder but that's the fun of it really :D
Bring on the trumpits!
Mr.Michael

Postby Mr.Michael » 01 Dec 2007, 17:46

The online for the PS3, which is what I play is a lot slower compared to the PC online, which I have played. But that only makes sense, since PC reaction times are gonna be a lot quicker than the controller. I'm always so modest so I if I wasn't here I would feel bad. But myself, on either PC or PS3, I do quite well for myself. Heh, my longest streak is 24, without dieing anyways.
- One Two, Freddies Comin For You, Three Four, Better Lock your Door, Five Six, Grab Your Crucifix, Seven Eight, Gonna Stay Up Late, Nine Ten, Never Sleep Again....
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 01 Dec 2007, 18:45

I'm playing through it on veteran for the 360. and I'm stuck on the last corridor before the blast door in "No fighting in the war room". been playing the same 2 minute span over and over for 3 days.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Mr.Michael

Postby Mr.Michael » 01 Dec 2007, 18:52

Ah, veteran, woopsy. Wrote it as 'skilled' haha.
The_Russ

Postby The_Russ » 01 Dec 2007, 19:22

Matt wrote:I'm playing through it on veteran for the 360. and I'm stuck on the last corridor before the blast door in "No fighting in the war room". been playing the same 2 minute span over and over for 3 days.

-m

:O Mad! Can tell it's gonna take me a few months to finish it on all skill levels.
Bring on the trumpits!
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 01 Dec 2007, 19:33

Matt wrote:I'm playing through it on veteran for the 360. and I'm stuck on the last corridor before the blast door in "No fighting in the war room". been playing the same 2 minute span over and over for 3 days.

-m

I heard the console versions weren't as polished as the PC version. Is it true?
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
The_Russ

Postby The_Russ » 01 Dec 2007, 19:41

proudfoot wrote:

-m

I could imagine that being tru. But I bet with a HDTV XBox and PS3 versions will look mint
Bring on the trumpits!
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 01 Dec 2007, 20:04

-m

maybe, but I can't run it on PC, so it's rather a moot point. regardless, the game is stunningly intense and very pretty.

it's a very polished title, whatever you're playing it on.

-m

I am not angry at you.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 01 Dec 2007, 20:24

I plan on getting it for the PC; I'm better with a Mouse/Keyboard, and if any mods ever come out/updates...it's easier to grab them.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
TheGoldenWombat

Postby TheGoldenWombat » 01 Dec 2007, 21:50

I keep meaning to buy it but I know I'll only play it online and I don't want to pay $60 if I'm just gonna get bored of the online mode in a week and go back to playing Warhawk. I'll probably just wait for UT3 since it's got the mouse/keyboard support.
Mr.Michael

Postby Mr.Michael » 02 Dec 2007, 11:51

JesterJ. wrote:I plan on getting it for the PC; I'm better with a Mouse/Keyboard, and if any mods ever come out/updates...it's easier to grab them.

Oh man I am SO much better at PC, but having never really tried ANYTHING for any sort of playstation, I decided to just give it a whirl, and now I'm hooked. Hey Matt, are your online stats being recorded? Like your EXP and challenge completions? I have been playing for 2 days now with no luck in that department. Every time I quit out, the proper way to, it just resets back to level 34. It's freaking pissing me off. I played like 4 hours last night, got to 40! and it didn't save :( Maybe it's just a PS3 issue?
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 02 Dec 2007, 13:48

I've barely been playing online at all, but I've had no problems with it not saving.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Whatchamabiscut

Postby Whatchamabiscut » 08 Dec 2007, 02:14

Kind of related, but on the PS3 version I have started to earn double points for each kill or assist, anyone else notice this?

Return to “General Discussion”