to buy or not to buy (COD4)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Corax
Hangleyman

to buy or not to buy (COD4)

Postby Corax » 26 Dec 2007, 16:08

so for christmass i got Super Mario Galaxy, and LOZ Twilight Princess, great games i know, im set for a long time if i want some adventuring. but i havent had a new multiplayer experience in a while, Team Fortress 2 is good, but i think i need a more realistic game also, so has anyone played Call of Duty 4 yet? from what i hear its amazing, i also like hardcore mode (no ammo or hp #'s, and you use iron sights) it seems like a good buy, but idk how much i will have time to play it. I don't care about the COD4 singleplayer its a nice little bonus, i'd get it for multiplayer if i am gonna get it, but i'd like to hear some impressions if any of you have played the game yet
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 26 Dec 2007, 16:17

I have only play it for a couple minutes. It looked quite nice and it is definitely not TF2 - you have to use cover to survive.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 26 Dec 2007, 16:27

BUY IT!

-singed both Matt and James
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 26 Dec 2007, 16:31

James wrote:BUY IT!

note taken, hope to see you online!
The Pious Flea

Postby The Pious Flea » 26 Dec 2007, 16:45

Singed?

That must be a hot seller.

(Ba-dum BUM)
I require a dance of intellect. Put on your thinking shoes!

Dance with us, LRR! Dance with us into oblivion!

Do not question me! I control your arms!
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 26 Dec 2007, 18:23

James wrote:BUY IT!

Drunk bastard.

I'm gonna get oblivion and then call of duty.
i dont know what's happening anymore
Nitro

Postby Nitro » 26 Dec 2007, 18:35

BUYITBUYITBUYITBUYITBUYIT!!!!!!!!

It is Soooooo addictive. In multi-player you start off with base level stuff for weapons, but as you kill people you get to upgrade your equipment or get better weapons altogether. Some maps are set up for snipers, others you want to bust out the ol' shotgun for CQC. It all depends on what kind of player you are as to which maps you will want to play. But they all rock!
* Peace Out, Rock Out. *
JohnyMcmuffin
THERE'S Waldo!
First Video: The Stages

Postby JohnyMcmuffin » 27 Dec 2007, 13:39

I suck horrible at COD4, but love to play it none the less. I think you should go for it.
zombine
Location: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Postby zombine » 27 Dec 2007, 15:50

CoD4 is ok. Nothing spectacular. It does not do brave new things with the genre. It is not the FPS messiah. It is fun, but really, nothing to fantastic.

Its pretty, the pacing is right, the weapons are balanced well, but there are some issues, and there are crappy ass weapons too. The perks are for the most part ok, with the exceptions of last stand(after you die, whip out a pistol while on the ground) and martyrdom(drop a live grenade on your death EVERY TIME), which are a bitch. they can totally ruin a game.

Corax, you like diablo, why don't you just stick with that. otherwise, i think you'll be disappointed.
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 27 Dec 2007, 17:02

zombine wrote:CoD4 is ok. Nothing spectacular. It does not do brave new things with the genre. It is not the FPS messiah. It is fun, but really, nothing to fantastic.

Its pretty, the pacing is right, the weapons are balanced well, but there are some issues, and there are crappy ass weapons too. The perks are for the most part ok, with the exceptions of last stand(after you die, whip out a pistol while on the ground) and martyrdom(drop a live grenade on your death EVERY TIME), which are a bitch. they can totally ruin a game.

Corax, you like diablo, why don't you just stick with that. otherwise, i think you'll be disappointed.

nah im done with rpgs
zombine
Location: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Postby zombine » 27 Dec 2007, 17:30

Corax wrote:nah im done with rpgs

Oh, you say your done, but we all know that its just a new patch coming out before your down selling armor on a street for gold money so you can get that new frost fire set.
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 27 Dec 2007, 20:30

zombine wrote:
Corax wrote:nah im done with rpgs

Oh, you say your done, but we all know that its just a new patch coming out before your down selling armor on a street for gold money so you can get that new frost fire set.

if you are going to ridicule me, atleast get ur facts right, frostfire is teir 3, nub. and i decided atleast atm (wich has been a couple months) that i dont really need to play RPG's because now that im not playing any, i dont feel obligated to and at the end of the day i dont feel like "aww i could got 2 levels if i woulda played (Insert RPG)" so now theres no potential to live up to, except how many shovel kills i can get in TF2
darthsparkles

Postby darthsparkles » 27 Dec 2007, 20:59

while i have personally not played the game, i lost my roomate for like a week when he got call of duty.

also, it is fun to watch. unlike most video games which are boring as hell if you're not playing them.
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL
Android

Postby Android » 27 Dec 2007, 21:30

Corax wrote:
zombine wrote:Oh, you say your done, but we all know that its just a new patch coming out before your down selling armor on a street for gold money so you can get that new frost fire set.

if you are going to ridicule me, atleast get ur facts right, frostfire is teir 3, nub. and i decided atleast atm (wich has been a couple months) that i dont really need to play RPG's because now that im not playing any, i dont feel obligated to and at the end of the day i dont feel like "aww i could got 2 levels if i woulda played (Insert RPG)" so now theres no potential to live up to, except how many shovel kills i can get in TF2

I don't think he was trying to ridicule you.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 27 Dec 2007, 21:36

Corax is at a very sensitive time in his life.

Please note that I got the joke, and didn't bother to go "OMG FROSTFIRE IS TIER 3 YOU QUEERFACE" despite the fact that I still play the game, and Corax reminds us daily that he doesn't.

Meaning he actually cares that people get the facts about WoW straight, in spite of not playing.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Android

Postby Android » 27 Dec 2007, 21:57

Dear Corax,

I'm not a huge fan really, but I don't like to kick a fellow forumite when they're down. My advise is to roll with the punches and not take forum insults to heart. Mostly because if you start whining about people making fun of you, it tends to only get worse.

Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 27 Dec 2007, 22:04

Yeah Corax. GTFO my internets tonight. Get some sleep, you'll feel better in the morning. Then you can come back, and play nice again.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 01 Jan 2008, 19:38

heres just a follow up post to the original

so i did buy COD4 and have been playing it non stop since, i think i have oplayed 24 hours in the last couple of days since i got it. I like it and recoment it to anyone who enjoys counter-strike.

also heres the 2 servers i play on (PC Version) under the name "Corax" of course

[6FR] - [HARDCORE|SAB] 8.12.17.12:28960
[6FR] - [HARDCORE|DOM] 8.9.8.245:28960

if you are refreshing the list its under the F section, otherwise open up the console with ` and type: Connect 8.9.8.245:28960
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 01 Jan 2008, 21:21

Aw, now i have to steer clear of SAB? :(

Basically Hardcore servers are the only ones to play. "Regular" or "easymode" or whatever the fuck they're called is just dumb. Play it on hardcore, LOADS OF FUN.

Now, if you excuse me, I have a shaman to level.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Lavos
Lavos

Postby Lavos » 01 Jan 2008, 23:45

SHAMAN LOL
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 02 Jan 2008, 00:54

Shaman is the only thing in WoW that is a challenge.
Lavos
Lavos

Postby Lavos » 02 Jan 2008, 01:45

LOL
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 02 Jan 2008, 14:39

Lavos wrote:LOL

qft, why dont you play some FPS?
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 02 Jan 2008, 14:52

JesterJ. wrote:Shaman is the only thing in WoW that is a challenge.

lmao. Don't waste your time leveling a shaman, quite honestly. Unless you really really like healing.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 02 Jan 2008, 19:06

Brinson wrote:
JesterJ. wrote:Shaman is the only thing in WoW that is a challenge.

lmao. Don't waste your time leveling a shaman, quite honestly. Unless you really really like healing.

I do like healing ;)

I know it's gimped as fuck, but I think it's quite a lot of fun, at least for the time being. It's already 62 since I leveled with my friend (Wicked Shaman/drood combo), so I figure I might as well play it for now.

Enhance currently, might spec resto since you don't get killed (at least at my current level), and healing is fun. Soloing would be a bitch though...

Return to “General Discussion”