Where are the oldest videos?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
JeremyBanks

Where are the oldest videos?

Postby JeremyBanks » 28 Dec 2007, 01:55

Hi. I was looking through the oldest stuff I could fine in the archives, and happened up The LRR Year One Retrospective. I was surprised when I saw that I had missed the majority of the videos (in particular I was surprised at the clip from Arrogant Worms), but my attempts to use Google to find the videos on your site were fruitless. Are these only available on the DVDs, is there somewhere else I can find them, or am I just an idiot and they were there all along?

Thanks for you time. :)
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 28 Dec 2007, 01:57

They've been saying they will put them back up for ages.

But for now, DVD's only mang.
i dont know what's happening anymore
JeremyBanks

Re: Where are the oldest videos?

Postby JeremyBanks » 30 Nov 2014, 22:29

self-justified bump
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 30 Nov 2014, 22:51

Well, you are one patient person. :P

There's still no official way to get them all, unfortunately. LRR's Kickstarter last year had a re-release as a stretch goal, but it wasn't met. Still could happen at some point in the future, though.

For the time being, however, I recalled that some people were able to find videos on Archive.org that aren't on here anymore. That first post I could find about it was Evil Jim's here, though apparently Pigsnoutman had an earlier one. There's more discussion of what was and wasn't available there at the time if you read further down the thread. Fugiman did post a link to download them all together, but it seems to be out of commission at this point.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
JeremyBanks

Postby JeremyBanks » 30 Nov 2014, 23:33

That's great; Archive.org has provided a bunch of new old videos for me to watch. Thanks for the pointer. :)

If there's another Kickstarter, I'll be sure to kick in for a chance at an official re-release.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 01 Dec 2014, 02:54

I knew the moment I saw Lavos, this thread was not of this year, or decade apparently.
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 01 Dec 2014, 15:32

Holy crap this thread is amazing.

You bumped a thread you made almost exactly seven years ago. Wow. Mad props.

(Also remember the old videos have copyrighted music which means putting them back up would be pretty difficult. They'd have to reedit them... and I get the feeling that they're not super excited about the prospect of putting in work on videos that they feel they've grown way past.)
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 02 Dec 2014, 02:57

They might not be excited about them, but maybe a fan-edit project might be something that could be done?
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Xhojn
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby Xhojn » 11 Dec 2014, 06:47

I still have the zipped copy that Fugiman uploaded, if anyone is interested send me a PM and I will find a way to get it over.
Xhojn
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby Xhojn » 11 Dec 2014, 06:50

Oh and also as a proviso when the topic that I found the link in first talked about it the consensus was that as the videos were through archive.org and way back machine rather than from the DVDs it shouldn't break the rules.

That could of changed since then but I just want to help people out but won't if it will cause trouble.
JeremyBanks

Postby JeremyBanks » 12 Dec 2020, 11:51

Any updates? :)
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 15 Dec 2020, 06:56

JeremyBanks wrote:Any updates? :)

I am, frankly, terrified and awestruck at your level of perseverance. I feel like I'm watching an exhausted antelope being slowly, patiently, incessantly pursued by an early hominid. Do you have a calendar reminder? Or is the interior of your abode covered in tick marks like the interior of Edmond Dantès' cell at the Château d'If?

As I alluded to six years ago (!), the videos getting posted anywhere is probably not going to happen.
1. The videos are viewed as low quality (both their resolution and their comedy);
2. the videos have copyrighted music so they'd have to be reedited to be posted anywhere; and
3. even posting the videos takes time and energy that would have to be sacrificed from one of the dozens of other projects the crew work on basically constantly to keep the lights on.

Dealing with these things has an associated cost that would likely not be recouped.

Honestly in normal times I'd suggest that your best bet is to check on the LRR Discord to see if there's a LRR fan somewhere on your continent that has a rare Season 1 DVD, make friends with them, and get them to host a viewing party, but given the pandemic that's probably inadvisable anyway. This time you only waited six years to post, so maybe plan it for a year from now and you'd be at an even seven again? :)

Return to “General Discussion”