Major League Gaming by ESPN

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Nitro

Major League Gaming by ESPN

Postby Nitro » 20 Jan 2008, 16:39

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/mlg?lpos=spotlight&lid=tab7pos1

Unable to wait for The Ocho, ESPN unveils coverage of its latest sport:
Computer Gaming.
Says with a straight face that gamers are "creating a new breed of sports hero for the 21st century."

Does this mean the LRR cast could have their own franchised Pro gaming team?!!?!?!??
* Peace Out, Rock Out. *
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 20 Jan 2008, 16:56

I had a weird dream last night involving LRR sponsoring a professional soccer team.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
NachoManLance
First Video: The Stages

Postby NachoManLance » 20 Jan 2008, 18:13

Sign me up, Coach.
http://twitter.com/NachoManLance

<Witty quote that induces a chuckle>
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 20 Jan 2008, 19:24

President of ESPN - Fuck guys! We're lossing viewers left and right! What the hell's happening?

Statistician - Well sir, it appears that as our viewer base is getting older and losing interest or dying off, we've been relying on new, younger viewers to replace them.

President - So?

Statistician - Well sir, trends among the youth are moving away from interest in actual sports. It seems we've lost a lot of appeal compared to the strong growth of video gaming over the past decade.

President - I thought we had that covered!

Statistician - Well sir, to be honest, fantasy football and virtual sports can only do so much. EA already produces countless sports based video games, but with the waning youth interest in the sports themselves, combined with the fact that sports games have always blown chunks, it's like trying to absorb Niagra Falls with a sponge.

President - Shit... shit... shit! What the hell are we gonna do? We're all dead unless we can figure something out!

Johnson - Pardon me sir, but... couldn't we combine the two ideas?

President - What are you babbling about Johnson?

Johnson - Well, if we're a sports network, and we make money off of the popularity of sports, why not declare video gaming a sport so that we can just absorb it into our current system, making money in both markets?

President - *silence*

Richards - Johnson, that is the single most retarded idea I have ev..

President - Brilliant! I like it! I love it! Give that man a raise! And you, go tell the marketing division that we need a direction change. Tell 'em to make video gaming into a sport.

Statistician - Yes sir, right away.

~ESPN~

Edit: Forgot a dash in one line.
Last edited by Alja-Markir on 20 Jan 2008, 19:36, edited 2 times in total.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 20 Jan 2008, 19:30

If at any point Johnson called President, "Mr. President," that would be 100% complete awesome.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 20 Jan 2008, 20:25

LRR should DEFINITELY sponsor an MLG team...

...if they had the extra cash
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 20 Jan 2008, 21:23

I think everyone involved in professional sports should DEFINITELY fuck off and die in a fucking fire.

If professional sports ruins the only entertaining thing there is left to do, I'm going to have to start shooting up heroin for fun. I mean, until they get to that one too.
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 20 Jan 2008, 21:25

Seriously, it couldn't possibly make for less exciting television than football.
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
Citin

Postby Citin » 20 Jan 2008, 21:37

The Hitman wrote:Seriously, it couldn't possibly make for less exciting television than football.

It's called baseball and Nascar
"I'll be in Africa. If you need me just phone Africa, I told them to expect your call." - The Pointy Haired Boss
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 20 Jan 2008, 21:46

At the same time? Because, seriously, I think I have an idea for the best sport ever.
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 20 Jan 2008, 21:47

I would watch Bascar. Carball? Nasball? Basecar?

Whatever, it would be awesome.
Nitro

Postby Nitro » 20 Jan 2008, 22:38

Alja-Markir wrote:President of ESPN - Fuck guys! We're lossing viewers left and right! What the hell's happening?

Statistician - Well sir, it appears that as our viewer base is getting older and losing interest or dying off, we've been relying on new, younger viewers to replace them.

President - So?

Statistician - Well sir, trends among the youth are moving away from interest in actual sports. It seems we've lost a lot of appeal compared to the strong growth of video gaming over the past decade.

President - I thought we had that covered!

Statistician - Well sir, to be honest, fantasy football and virtual sports can only do so much. EA already produces countless sports based video games, but with the waning youth interest in the sports themselves, combined with the fact that sports games have always blown chunks, it's like trying to absorb Niagra Falls with a sponge.

President - Shit... shit... shit! What the hell are we gonna do? We're all dead unless we can figure something out!

Johnson - Pardon me sir, but... couldn't we combine the two ideas?

President - What are you babbling about Johnson?

Johnson - Well, if we're a sports network, and we make money off of the popularity of sports, why not declare video gaming a sport so that we can just absorb it into our current system, making money in both markets?

President - *silence*

Richards - Johnson, that is the single most retarded idea I have ev..

President - Brilliant! I like it! I love it! Give that man a raise! And you, go tell the marketing division that we need a direction change. Tell 'em to make video gaming into a sport.

Statistician - Yes sir, right away.

~ESPN~

Edit: Forgot a dash in one line.

LOL
Alja, you sir have a gift. I'm not sure exactly what that gift is, but you most certainly have it.
* Peace Out, Rock Out. *

Return to “General Discussion”