ALL BRAWL CHARACTERS

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 31 Jan 2008, 13:38

Is that... Wolf from StarFox?

FUCK YES.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 31 Jan 2008, 19:24

It makes my OCD half so very happy to see all the character franchises line up in neat columns. So... so beautiful. Makes me want to cry.

I really hope Fox, Falco, and Wolf are not all clones. There had better be some major differences in how they play, or I will weep bitter tears of frustration. "No clones!" they said. Psh.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 31 Jan 2008, 19:47

My copy from Japan came today. I miss the one for the N64....
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 31 Jan 2008, 20:05

Cake wrote:My copy from Japan came today. I miss the one for the N64....

How is it???

And who the fuck is Lucario or whatever.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 31 Jan 2008, 20:31

Well, I've hardly put any time into it. I played through once just to try it, (I have to clean my place from top to bottom because of my party tomorrow night.) but in my quick opinion, it doesn't live up to the hype. Um, basically, it's Smash Brothers. You beat each other up with characters. I probably should have waited for the American release.

Lucario is a Pokemon from Diamond and Pearl.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 31 Jan 2008, 20:55

Well, I think basically what people are excited about are the new characters. I mean obviously Final Destination is going to once again be the favorite map due to being..ya know...fair. And the combat doesn't need a change. New characters are the big stuff, and it looks like they've come through on that (I hope?)
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 31 Jan 2008, 21:17

Ganondorf = sword, no?
i dont know what's happening anymore
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 31 Jan 2008, 22:40

Ganondorf = no sword.
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 31 Jan 2008, 23:05

Game and Watch's Up B is really awesome.

He trampolines up and then slowly falls back down with his parachute open.

Pretty nifty.
I can't think of a signature.
Lavos
Lavos

Postby Lavos » 31 Jan 2008, 23:09

Cake wrote:Ganondorf = no sword.
TELL ME HE ISN'T A CLONE.
OH GOD NO.

MOVELIST PLOX.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 31 Jan 2008, 23:31

<----Cannot read Japanese.
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 01 Feb 2008, 01:13

Lavos wrote:
TELL ME HE ISN'T A CLONE.
OH GOD NO.

MOVELIST PLOX.

Stop being a lazy ass and go watch videos on YouTube.

EDIT: That being said, Snake's Final Smash is awesome.
I can't think of a signature.
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 04 Feb 2008, 13:04

Cake wrote:Well, I've hardly put any time into it. I played through once just to try it, (I have to clean my place from top to bottom because of my party tomorrow night.) but in my quick opinion, it doesn't live up to the hype. Um, basically, it's Smash Brothers. You beat each other up with characters. I probably should have waited for the American release.

Lucario is a Pokemon from Diamond and Pearl.

what a waste, so ur modded ur wii for this and everything and u arent even playing it?... ugh

also Gannondorf's moves are similar to melees, he didtn get a new move set, but he was never the same as Captain Falcon, but hes more differentiated , for example his Forward B now is like a dashing throw instead of being like Captain Falcon's. They basically built on what he had already, no veterans got a total new moveset they just got some move changes (such as Falco) so that if you palyed that character in melee you will be familiar with them in brawl. his final smash looks awesome btw

Heres some Gannondorf Footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLNn6YUe2r8

Heres a video of every character's Final Smash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HU_AJbx10Q

JesterJ. wrote:Well, I think basically what people are excited about are the new characters. I mean obviously Final Destination is going to once again be the favorite map due to being..ya know...fair. And the combat doesn't need a change. New characters are the big stuff, and it looks like they've come through on that (I hope?)

who ever said all flat and no platforms is fair? it definately gives fox/falco an advantage and gives fast characters an edge, also its harder for some characters that rely more on ariel attacks, IMO battlefeild is a better basic stage
Lavos
Lavos

Postby Lavos » 05 Feb 2008, 23:27

Fuck, I'm having a bad feeling about this game.
Seems broken and slow, I can't see it being in tournies.
Just saying, theres no L-cancel, wave dashing and everyone floats.
Its a noob friendly game.
DarkMidget

Postby DarkMidget » 06 Feb 2008, 01:37

I know what you mean. It's honestly fans' faults nowadays for games not living up to the hype. The reason? People create a never-ending tower of hype that ... well, 1 can't match up to infinite. Also... Ganondorf doesn't seem too different, which is kind've a letdown. Also.. Fox.. Falco.. and WOLF?! If they are all the same, I will frown XD and not a normal frown. A frown where the edges of my mouth will go off of my face and split the world in 2.
"Every work of art throughout history would be improved by the addition of ninjas" - Unknown

JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 06 Feb 2008, 09:58

Lavos wrote:Fuck, I'm having a bad feeling about this game.

I agree, from the gameplay I've seen it looks really...really...slowwwwww...

And DarkMidget, if it doesn't even live up to how good the LAST game in the series was, there's a problem there and it isn't the hype.
Oxford
First Video: The Whatever Thing

Postby Oxford » 06 Feb 2008, 10:52

Then Ganondorf = completely gay

Gotta have a sword. He's powerful, but the SWORD! Gotta have the sword.
9 out of 10 Americans believe that out of 10 people 1 American will always disagree with the other 9.
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 06 Feb 2008, 13:27

Lavos wrote:Fuck, I'm having a bad feeling about this game.

i havent played it, you havent played it, but i think there will be new techniques to use that will set you a cut above everyone else, they will jsut be different techniques. its a new game, its not SSBM 2.0
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 06 Feb 2008, 13:30

DarkMidget wrote:I know what you mean. It's honestly fans' faults nowadays for games not living up to the hype. The reason? People create a never-ending tower of hype that ... well, 1 can't match up to infinite. Also... Ganondorf doesn't seem too different, which is kind've a letdown. Also.. Fox.. Falco.. and WOLF?! If they are all the same, I will frown XD and not a normal frown. A frown where the edges of my mouth will go off of my face and split the world in 2.

if you think fox and falco are the same in melee you have problems, but anyways falco is more differentiated, and wolf is completely different i think with the exception of his final smash
DarkMidget

Postby DarkMidget » 06 Feb 2008, 16:29

Corax wrote:
DarkMidget wrote:I know what you mean. It's honestly fans' faults nowadays for games not living up to the hype. The reason? People create a never-ending tower of hype that ... well, 1 can't match up to infinite. Also... Ganondorf doesn't seem too different, which is kind've a letdown. Also.. Fox.. Falco.. and WOLF?! If they are all the same, I will frown XD and not a normal frown. A frown where the edges of my mouth will go off of my face and split the world in 2.

if you think fox and falco are the same in melee you have problems, but anyways falco is more differentiated, and wolf is completely different i think with the exception of his final smash

Well, I don't think they are 100% the same... but... their moves aside from timing and speed ARE like, 80% similar. And Jester is right, it might not even live up to the previous games hype. I also noticed that! (The slowness). Every time I see a video, I ask myself 'Is it as fast-paced as melee?'. Looks to me it is only slightly faster paced than the FIRST game.
"Every work of art throughout history would be improved by the addition of ninjas" - Unknown

Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 06 Feb 2008, 20:27

DarkMidget wrote:
Corax wrote:

Well, I don't think they are 100% the same... but... their moves aside from timing and speed ARE like, 80% similar. And Jester is right, it might not even live up to the previous games hype. I also noticed that! (The slowness). Every time I see a video, I ask myself 'Is it as fast-paced as melee?'. Looks to me it is only slightly faster paced than the FIRST game.

but you have to agree those subtle differences in fox/falco made them much differently played by the players, like falco's meteor, and such

also yea they changed the pace, better? worse? i dont know yet, and no one should start deciding things until they ahe atleast given it a legit shot at being good. and if you oer hype it thats ur own fault, someone is always gonig to be more/less excited about it than you of course aswell.
DarkMidget

Postby DarkMidget » 06 Feb 2008, 21:22

My friend's friend got it imported... he said the gameplay is slow compared to melee and it annoys him XD

blackdragontaz
The Goddamn Batman

Postby blackdragontaz » 07 Feb 2008, 12:46

I'll bet Fox/Falco/Wolf will be similar, but that's about it. Check out the Dojo on the article about Ness. It compares him to Lucas. All the move are the same, the difference is in how they opperate. Ex. PK Tunder (Up + Smash) from Ness is fast, hard to turn, and if used to make Ness hit an opponent cause one massive hit, launching the other player for a distance. Lucas on the other hand, PK Thunder is slower, easier to turn in a circle, and cause multiple small hits if used for a body slam.

So I can see them doing something like that with any of the characters that used to be copies. Ganondorf/Cpt. Falcon, Mario/Luigi/?Wario, Ike/Marth(drool, second favorite character after Meta Knight).
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 07 Feb 2008, 13:53

blackdragontaz wrote:I'll bet Fox/Falco/Wolf will be similar, but that's about it. Check out the Dojo on the article about Ness. It compares him to Lucas. All the move are the same, the difference is in how they opperate. Ex. PK Tunder (Up + Smash) from Ness is fast, hard to turn, and if used to make Ness hit an opponent cause one massive hit, launching the other player for a distance. Lucas on the other hand, PK Thunder is slower, easier to turn in a circle, and cause multiple small hits if used for a body slam.

So I can see them doing something like that with any of the characters that used to be copies. Ganondorf/Cpt. Falcon, Mario/Luigi/?Wario, Ike/Marth(drool, second favorite character after Meta Knight).

yeah, thats pretty much how they are different, and also i hear that Young Link players will feel at home using Toon Link, wich makes sense
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 07 Feb 2008, 15:39

blackdragontaz wrote:I'll bet Fox/Falco/Wolf will be similar, but that's about it. Check out the Dojo on the article about Ness. It compares him to Lucas. All the move are the same, the difference is in how they opperate. Ex. PK Tunder (Up + Smash) from Ness is fast, hard to turn, and if used to make Ness hit an opponent cause one massive hit, launching the other player for a distance. Lucas on the other hand, PK Thunder is slower, easier to turn in a circle, and cause multiple small hits if used for a body slam.

well....That's like the Fox vs. Falco Up B, or Roy vs. Marth. Marth's is faster and hit's farther to the side if you position it right, but Roy's is slower and does more damage, more hits. Same with Falco and Fox, Fox's is just longer range than Falco's, if you can count that as a difference.

Return to “General Discussion”