Buy stock in LRR!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
lol 69

Buy stock in LRR!

Postby lol 69 » 28 Feb 2008, 23:56

Thotmarket's back up, so I took the liberty of creating a LRR thot. Stock's $2.04 a share, and you have to get an account (free) to buy and sell stock. Hopefully we can get this on the front page.

I'd put a ticker on here, but HTML won't work. So you gotta check the site to see how things are going.
L!!!
theINC

Postby theINC » 29 Feb 2008, 00:12

I have high hopes for LRR stock.

I bought 147 shares and will sell them when it please me.
Woland owes me 10 points.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 29 Feb 2008, 00:42

You can't make stock for LRR without their permission. Having shares in a company means that you own a portion of it. I don't remember LRR giving up their rights to their business. Also, with this site, does LRR get to use the money invested?
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 29 Feb 2008, 03:00

I created an Iron Stomach stock.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 29 Feb 2008, 08:05

Where does the money go?
does LRR get the invested money or what?
-^_^-
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 29 Feb 2008, 10:45

Wait, what is this?
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 29 Feb 2008, 10:47

Graham wrote:Wait, what is this?

yeah, i was wondering that too... i don't think i get it
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
brc64
First Video: 1337

Postby brc64 » 29 Feb 2008, 12:21

A quick glance at the FAQ page looks like this site is mostly a gimmick.

http://www.thotmarket.com/about.php

What is ThotMarket?

ThotMarket.com is a social bookmarking website that provides links to interesting and useful content on the web. The links featured on ThotMarket have all been submitted by our users much like many other websites like Digg.com and Reddit.com. ThotMarket is a little different than those sites, however, in the way that these links are ranked. On this site, users buy and sell shares in these links very much like how investors trade shares of companies on the regular stock market. Links on the site are ranked by their market capitalization which is a measure of how money people hav einvested in it.

Wait a minute. Are people actually investing real money in this market?

No. ThotMarket is a virtual stock market, meaning that no actual money is involved. Users are actually just trading credits within the system.

Why would someone want to trade credits in a virtual stock market?

While the credits exchanged within the ThotMarket system have no monetary value, they do have value on the website. Users have to spend credits in order to post links on the site, create comments and send messages to other users. The more credit you amass in your ThotMarket account, the more influence you have over what the ThotMarket community is paying attention to.

Sounds like an interesting concept, but way too much actual work for something that doesn't look like it's used by nearly enough people to make it worthwhile.
The Happy Friar

Postby The Happy Friar » 01 Mar 2008, 05:53

brc64 wrote:Sounds like an interesting concept, but way too much actual work for something that doesn't look like it's used by nearly enough people to make it worthwhile.

stock market is only used by a fraction of the people in the world... and when they act stupid, we all notice!

maybe if this market crash's the price of web bookmarks will plummet & it won't be worth using your bookmarks button any more. :shock:
Not responsible for delays due to incorrect address, payment information, publisher date change, inclement weather or Samus and Solid Snake exchanging vows in a small but tasteful civil ceremony.
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 01 Mar 2008, 13:09

I have some shares in it now. ^_^
Kieran
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England/Glasgow or Edinburgh, Scotland (lots of time on trains!)

Postby Kieran » 01 Mar 2008, 13:40

I have shares in LRR :) Also, cake.

Return to “General Discussion”