Rock Band announced for Europe

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Simmemann

Rock Band announced for Europe

Postby Simmemann » 08 Apr 2008, 13:26

Or how EA loves money more than us. (We, not the US)

So, EA finally gave Rock Band an european release date...in England, France and Germany. The rest (like Norway...) got to wait. Also it's only the X360, and the game-and-instrument package is to cost 240€. Which is 270$! 100$ more! After several months without it, and now this??!!

I kinda want to boycott EA at the time, if they don't get their sanity back...

Is this already being discussed otherplace? Please award me beatings and give me the directions.
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 08 Apr 2008, 13:34

I don't think this was posted elsewhere, but I have some beatings for you anyhow and there are more beatings over there.

That's a huge price hike. Companies like to charge more when they have to ship something though. ah well. maybe its because they have seen the success of the game and thought it should have been that Price from the begining.
Gouge gouge!

-^_^-
AndyTheSkanker

Re: Rock Band announced for Europe

Postby AndyTheSkanker » 08 Apr 2008, 13:40

Simmemann wrote:Or how EA loves money more than us. (We, not the US)

So, EA finally gave Rock Band an european release date...in England, France and Germany. The rest (like Norway...) got to wait. Also it's only the X360, and the game-and-instrument package is to cost 240€. Which is 270$! 100$ more! After several months without it, and now this??!!

Is this already being discussed otherplace? Please award me beatings and give me the directions.

You think that's harsh? £170. $340. In the uk.
Kick her in the taco, paco
Non Sequiteur Champagne!
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 08 Apr 2008, 14:13

Simmemann wrote: Also it's only the X360,

yeah, i'm pretty sure its that way here too...
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 08 Apr 2008, 15:03

AndyTheSkanker wrote:
Simmemann wrote:Or how EA loves money more than us. (We, not the US)

You think that's harsh? £170. $340. In the uk.

Don't forget VAT.
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

AndyTheSkanker

Postby AndyTheSkanker » 08 Apr 2008, 15:15

Indeed, that was just the yahoo report. So we'll probably end up closer to £200 and then the shops will add their little cut and bring it right up. so we'll wind up *drum roll* around $400

Non Sequiteur Champagne!

meisbored
First Video: Daylight Savings

Postby meisbored » 08 Apr 2008, 15:21

korri wrote:

No, its out for PS3 and was recently announced for the Wii
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 08 Apr 2008, 18:42

AndyTheSkanker wrote:Indeed, that was just the yahoo report. So we'll probably end up closer to £200 and then the shops will add their little cut and bring it right up. so we'll wind up *drum roll* around $400

This may sound slightly ignorant, but isn't it possible to buy video games from the US at their price here and ship it to Europe and still manage to save money that you would lose if you waited and bought it from an in-country retailer?
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 08 Apr 2008, 19:16

meisbored wrote:
korri wrote:

No, its out for PS3 and was recently announced for the Wii

kinda funny, because i know multiple people who bought the 360 specifically for this game.... and they already have a wii..
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
DicyDax

Postby DicyDax » 08 Apr 2008, 21:35

tak197 wrote:
AndyTheSkanker wrote:Indeed, that was just the yahoo report. So we'll probably end up closer to £200 and then the shops will add their little cut and bring it right up. so we'll wind up *drum roll* around $400

This may sound slightly ignorant, but isn't it possible to buy video games from the US at their price here and ship it to Europe and still manage to save money that you would lose if you waited and bought it from an in-country retailer?
Well then you would need a modded console...
HURR DURR!
AndyTheSkanker

Postby AndyTheSkanker » 09 Apr 2008, 00:28

DicyDax wrote:
tak197 wrote:

Well then you would need a modded console...

Which, as an xbox 360 owner, is sorta pointless. No xbox live ftl.

Non Sequiteur Champagne!

Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 09 Apr 2008, 07:49

someone could get an actual american console.
but yeah, we're talking expensive.
-^_^-
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 09 Apr 2008, 10:56

You also forget we have the fanastic import tax on goods from america AND VAT added when it enters the UK.
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

AndyTheSkanker

Postby AndyTheSkanker » 09 Apr 2008, 11:30

Charlie, it'd still come in cheaper. But for the price they want for rockband, you could actually get an arcade 360 cheaper. Fuck MTV & Harmonix.

Non Sequiteur Champagne!

Pattmyn

Postby Pattmyn » 09 Apr 2008, 12:45

When you think about it honestly though, this is the kind of game that everyone who lives in a house buys as a group, not just one person buying it. So if you split the foot long suppository of price among three or four people, it's much more manageable...however it still sucks hardcore that it's butt-rape in the first place.
AndyTheSkanker

Postby AndyTheSkanker » 09 Apr 2008, 13:11

Pattmyn wrote:When you think about it honestly though, this is the kind of game that everyone who lives in a house buys as a group, not just one person buying it. So if you split the foot long suppository of price among three or four people, it's much more manageable...however it still sucks hardcore that it's butt-rape in the first place.

Whatever way you chop it the fuck up though, we're still paying double what america is.

Non Sequiteur Champagne!

Pattmyn

Postby Pattmyn » 09 Apr 2008, 13:12

AndyTheSkanker wrote:
Pattmyn wrote:When you think about it honestly though, this is the kind of game that everyone who lives in a house buys as a group, not just one person buying it. So if you split the foot long suppository of price among three or four people, it's much more manageable...however it still sucks hardcore that it's butt-rape in the first place.

Whatever way you chop it the fuck up though, we're still paying double what america is.

Hence the butt-rape. Which sucks.
wilson_x1999
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wilson_x1999 » 09 Apr 2008, 13:44

Also, if you bought Rock Band and you're not in US or Canada, the store or downloads doesn't work ¬¬

I wish someone had told me this before I got it last week, so I had to go and create a silver account just to download Still Alive. It was worth it :3

A friend of mine who works at the tech support call center for MS, told me that this was because they're planning to open a region specific store, with tracks in spanish, now this may be good for some people, but if I wanted to hear rock in spanish, I'd just turn on the radio ¬¬ (which I never do, because most music here is fucking lame ¬¬)
AndyTheSkanker

Postby AndyTheSkanker » 09 Apr 2008, 14:08

wilson_x1999 wrote:Also, if you bought Rock Band and you're not in US or Canada, the store or downloads doesn't work ¬¬

I wish someone had told me this before I got it last week, so I had to go and create a silver account just to download Still Alive. It was worth it :3

A friend of mine who works at the tech support call center for MS, told me that this was because they're planning to open a region specific store, with tracks in spanish, now this may be good for some people, but if I wanted to hear rock in spanish, I'd just turn on the radio ¬¬ (which I never do, because most music here is fucking lame ¬¬)

they do but you need an account from the right territory. You can do it in the UK and such =P

Non Sequiteur Champagne!

Return to “General Discussion”