Rubik's Cube

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Cloudrule

Rubik's Cube

Postby Cloudrule » 14 Apr 2008, 18:18

Hello and do you rubik's cube/(any other kind of rubik's related puzzle ex. rubik's revenge, professor cube)? On this forum you should post your times for finishing the cube, what method you use, how long you have been cubing, links to videos that show you solving the cube, discuss cubing, etc. My personal best is 1:01:34 (one minute one second thirty-four hundreths of a second) using a scramble and timer from cubetimer.com. If you do not know how to solve the cube I recommend searching how to solve a rubik's cube on youtube and watching pogobat's videos.

-Cloudrule
-Vash the Stampede- the superior super smash brother.

My Wii Number: 8771-8306-6485-9610
My Brawl Number:0001-2966-6271
any challengers?
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 14 Apr 2008, 18:19

Well, someones got wood for cubes. =P
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 14 Apr 2008, 19:48

i used to be able to solve a rubik's cube, but then i forgot the algorithm to solve the corners and the last bit... never timed myself though
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Misty
The Goddamn Batman
First Video: Suspend Your Disbelief

Postby Misty » 14 Apr 2008, 19:49

I always get frustrated and resort to repositioning the stickers :x
eiopqrtuwy
Smartest SpamBot Ever
First Video: Rejected 'Get a Mac' Ad's

Postby eiopqrtuwy » 14 Apr 2008, 19:55

I've been cubing for 5 years since I got a 3x3x3 for Christmas. Although I really haven't touched them for well over a year now.

3x3x3: 56 secs (and a 46 Lucky solve)
4x4x4: 5ish mins (never officially timed myself)
5x5x5: 10-12 mins (never officially timed myself)

3x3x3 method: top sides, top corners, middle layer, corner permutation, corner orientation, bottom sides
4x4x4 & 5x5x5 : as close to my 3x3x3 method as possible: aka top to bottom with minimal additional algorithms and a few algorithm tweaks

Also have solved 2x2x2, pyaminx, megaminx, alexanders star, Rubiks magic, Rubiks magic master, and Dogic. Although I still haven't been able to finish the square-1 despite getting incredibly close (2 stickers off).

I could probably still do all of them again given enough time and no help though I don't really remember the algorithm for 4x4x4 parity error (single side pair flipped).

I have to say my personal favorites are the megaminx and rubiks magic, because I was able to master them both without any advice or help and there is alot more sense of accomplishment when you figure it out 100% by yourself.
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 14 Apr 2008, 20:05

I got close to solving a 4x4 cube, but had to give it back to my friend before I could finish. D:
I can't think of a signature.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 14 Apr 2008, 21:08

I looked up the algorithm one rainy day, and started to learn how to do it, but it's a bit pointless if there's an algorithm and there's no use in memorizing it when you can always look it up. No creativity! No satisfying resulting product! Just a series of reflexes that produce an ordered square with stickers! FUTILE!

Or maybe I'm simply bitter because I've completely forgotten it. :x

Perhaps I will be spared when the Lords of Chaos invade...
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 14 Apr 2008, 21:55

I had a Rubik's Cube once upon a time.

It went up about half a mile, according to telemetry. And we're not sure whether it was some stray heat producing pressure from one of the engines or what, but the small cordite charge inside that was supposed to go off on impact with the ground somehow went off about 700 feet early. Was a pain finding all the smoldering bits, as that's a significant debris field to search.

~Alja~
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 14 Apr 2008, 21:59

I dont know if thats a reference to anything, or just kind of creepy, because Cordite exists.

It SOUNDED like a star trek word.
Do the Catterpillar!

*wiggle wiggle*
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 14 Apr 2008, 22:19

Yeah, cordite. The explosive. It's quite old, obsolete nowadays for military usage, but easy to make and acquire at least. Can either burn or be set off by sudden pressure and concusion.

~Alja~
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 15 Apr 2008, 09:15

I don't like them, never really tried to solve one just played with a friends once apon a time.

-^_^-
Karkon

Postby Karkon » 15 Apr 2008, 10:51

mistyladybug wrote:I always get frustrated and resort to repositioning the stickers :x

I always got frustrated then KILLED THE MUTHA FUCKING RUBIK'S CUBE WITH A HAMMER. So props in taking the higher path. However, I did not kill mine via explosive, so props to Alja, because that is awesome.
As a History student, the history degree I'll be getting will get me a decent job, right? Guys? Where you going?

Return to “General Discussion”