Xbox 360 Games

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Gray24
First Video: Whichever was the first video...

Xbox 360 Games

Postby Gray24 » 16 Apr 2008, 20:17

I was wondering, I was looking for some Xbox 360 games to pick up, as Halo and CoD4 multi player is getting boring.

I have:
~ the two aforementioned
~ Orange Box
~ Madden 08
~ Burnout Paradise
~ Assassin's Creed
~ Gears of War

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
David
David E Gray

wilson_x1999
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wilson_x1999 » 16 Apr 2008, 20:26

Mass Effect and Rock Band are both awesome
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 16 Apr 2008, 20:31

Oblivion is a kick in the pants.
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 16 Apr 2008, 21:11

Sable wrote:Oblivion is a kick in the pants.
TOO LONG is all.
i dont know what's happening anymore
HYRS
First Video: Quantam Documentary? It's been awhile.

Postby HYRS » 16 Apr 2008, 22:05

If you haven't played it yet, Dead Rising is really cool for the first little while. Plus it's been out forever so I'm sure you can get it kinda cheap. If not Beautiful Katamari is also good if you haven't played the others in the series which I enjoyed more. But it's still okay.

Oblivion is pretty decent. I've beaten it fully just the other day and the only reason I was able to focus on all the content is because I've had it for the computer and screwed around enough that I only wanted to do all the quests.

Mass Effect was cool the first two times but I'm not going to play it again after that.

Honestly, since it's not fair away at this point just wait for GTA IV. It's looking to be pretty awesome I think.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 16 Apr 2008, 22:05

Condemned 2: Bloodshot.

Or the first one. But the second one's newer. They're both good.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » 16 Apr 2008, 22:14

oblivion, bioshock.
HYRS

Postby HYRS » 16 Apr 2008, 22:19

Yahtzee has a review of the New Condemned over at Zero Punctuation. If you're going to get the game you should check it out. After hearing it I'd still get it, but you know I'd be wary.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... unctuation
Gray24

Postby Gray24 » 17 Apr 2008, 07:35

Thank you all for your input. It is greatly appreciated. I have not tried Condemned 2: Bloodshot, so I may pick that one up.

I was not a fan of Morrowind, so I think I'll avoid that one. Mass Effect, hmm, now that's one I could.

Thanks
David E Gray

scorpkahnpoop

Postby scorpkahnpoop » 17 Apr 2008, 07:47

I hate the xbox 360. Can anyone guess why? lol
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 17 Apr 2008, 08:31

because you hate fun?
-^_^-
scorpkahnpoop

Postby scorpkahnpoop » 17 Apr 2008, 08:37

No. lol.

It was supposed to be a joke and the answer is that I don't like Microsoft.
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 17 Apr 2008, 12:18

Viva Pinata is great. ^_^

I heard Lost Odyssey is good.
I can't think of a signature.
DicyDax

Postby DicyDax » 17 Apr 2008, 13:00

Guitar Hero 2+3. BUY NAO! Kthxbye
HURR DURR!
HYRS

Postby HYRS » 17 Apr 2008, 13:01

Oh. If you hated Morrowind that's not really a reason to miss Oblivion as they're not really that similar.

Most of the hardcore fans of Morrowind I know are dissapointed by the parts of Oblivion that they changed. It's not really similar at all. There's a good chance they changed all of what you hated. But then again I don't know what you disliked.

Also, Morrowind was fucking awesome. You're nuts.
Nomadic
First Video: Serious Cravings

Postby Nomadic » 17 Apr 2008, 14:08

Another vote for Rock Band...though I strongly recommend Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, and Portal (which is in the Orange Box).

Don't care if you have those already...GET THEM ANYWAYS. O.o
Successfully lurking since 1709.
The_Russ

Postby The_Russ » 18 Apr 2008, 13:27

CyberTractor wrote:Viva Pinata is great. ^_^

I heard Lost Odyssey is good.

Agreed with Viiva Pinata! It's brilliant!

My mate's lent me Lost Odyssy Disk One, It's really good but i've been told it's really short
Bring on the trumpits!
Pattmyn

Postby Pattmyn » 18 Apr 2008, 16:08

Don't forget to check out the Live Arcade, some great games on there.
"The stars will be your night lights, and I will be your lullaby."
Valandil

Postby Valandil » 18 Apr 2008, 19:56

My housemate recently bought a 360. Initially, it was pretty much just for Rock Band, because it's being released in May here (In England) whereas the other consoles don't get it until November.

In the meantime, however, he has picked up Mass Effect and Gears of War, both of which are very awesome -- though the latter suffers in that it is pretty damn difficult unless you play co-op, because the friendly-NPC AI is retarded. The former is very immersive, very intelligently designed, and highly entertaining. Its only drawback is that it's very story-driven so, rather in the same way as Phoenix Wright, after you've played it twice/thrice (To get all the different dialogue options), there isn't a lot left you can really do in the game.

We also have Halo 3 and Viva Pinata, but I've not played either of them yet. I feel like breaking out Viva Pinata now given the comments about it in this thread.
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 19 Apr 2008, 02:14

HYRS wrote:Yahtzee has a review of the New Condemned over at Zero Punctuation. If you're going to get the game you should check it out. After hearing it I'd still get it, but you know I'd be wary.

Then again, he gets paid to whine and whine. Albeit it being funny, it's still whiny and the games that he racks down on are still much fun to play.
Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 19 Apr 2008, 07:10

If you base your opinion on what Yahtzee likes and dislikes you'd never play another game again :lol:

If you like JRPGs (which i don't), my flat mate has been playing...
-Eternal Sonata
such a nice soundtrack and the colours are great! Plus the subtle dark storyline that underlies the whole cutesy wutesy exterior is awesome. The battle system is quite a nice take on turn based systems as well
-Enchanted Arms
Looks like phantasy star universe (OMG WORST GAME EVER) with it's neon-y stuff, mixed with final fantasy character styles. He's not played far into it yet but he seems to really like it.
-Lost Oddessy
Probably his fave 360 rpg so far. I love the graphics but i can't really comment on it too much cos i've been in my room doing essays a lot recently.

I would personally recommend...
-Dark Sector
If you like Gears, you should really like this. It's an average game in terms of actual gameplay, but graphically it's awesome and the special moves i've been developing are so sick. I love the glaive... it's awesome! The ultimate pain you hear from the soldiers as you remove one of their arms from the otherside of a battlefied is transmitted over the radio and it's brutal. GORE GORE GORE GORE!!!
-Bully: Scholarship Edition
Even if you've played this on the PS2, i think there's like double the amount of content on this version. Such a good game and will definitely get you back in the GTA mood intime for IV. (Jimmy Hopkins is the biggest pushover in the world though, anyone agree?)
-Bioshock
Would you kindly just buy this game?
-Crackdown
If you have a close friend who also has this game, you can spend days just twonking about in the city completely ignoring the main aim of the game. Build explosion towers, race around the freeway. Such a fun game... PURE FUN!

I can't think of anything else at this moment in time.
Have a scan through my site if you want more opinions from moi and my minions : http://www.xboxelite.co.uk/reviews.php
HYRS

Postby HYRS » 19 Apr 2008, 08:16

I like too, only because I hate many many things. And I'd like to be fore warned about the slightest bad things in a game. I'm just really picky.
Gray24

Postby Gray24 » 19 Apr 2008, 18:15

Dr Frankenjam wrote:If you base your opinion on what Yahtzee likes and dislikes you'd never play another game again :lol:

-Eternal Sonata
such a nice soundtrack and the colours are great! Plus the subtle dark storyline that underlies the whole cutesy wutesy exterior is awesome. The battle system is quite a nice take on turn based systems as well
-Enchanted Arms
Looks like phantasy star universe (OMG WORST GAME EVER) with it's neon-y stuff, mixed with final fantasy character styles. He's not played far into it yet but he seems to really like it.
-Lost Oddessy
Probably his fave 360 rpg so far. I love the graphics but i can't really comment on it too much cos i've been in my room doing essays a lot recently.

-Dark Sector
If you like Gears, you should really like this. It's an average game in terms of actual gameplay, but graphically it's awesome and the special moves i've been developing are so sick. I love the glaive... it's awesome! The ultimate pain you hear from the soldiers as you remove one of their arms from the otherside of a battlefied is transmitted over the radio and it's brutal. GORE GORE GORE GORE!!!
Even if you've played this on the PS2, i think there's like double the amount of content on this version. Such a good game and will definitely get you back in the GTA mood intime for IV. (Jimmy Hopkins is the biggest pushover in the world though, anyone agree?)
-Bioshock
-Crackdown
If you have a close friend who also has this game, you can spend days just twonking about in the city completely ignoring the main aim of the game. Build explosion towers, race around the freeway. Such a fun game... PURE FUN!

Have a scan through my site if you want more opinions from moi and my minions : http://www.xboxelite.co.uk/reviews.php

Well, the only game, if we went by what Yathzee says, would be Portal...:) It is the only game he loved.
David E Gray

Gray24

Postby Gray24 » 19 Apr 2008, 18:19

Dr Frankenjam wrote:If you base your opinion on what Yahtzee likes and dislikes you'd never play another game again :lol:

-Eternal Sonata
-Enchanted Arms
-Lost Oddessy

-Dark Sector
-Bioshock
-Crackdown

Well, the only game, if we went by what Yathzee says, would be Portal...:) It is the only game he loved.
David E Gray

mijram11

Postby mijram11 » 21 Apr 2008, 16:43

If your in to jrpgs Eternal Sonata is a great game if not a bit too easy.
I know you said you didn't like morrowind but i'm in the same boat as you I hated morrowind but I am currently enjoying oblivion quite alot.
I drink your milkshake!
I drink it up!

Return to “General Discussion”