Old games you just can't get away from

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Elementalbulldog

Postby Elementalbulldog » 16 May 2008, 19:30

Natural Selection
Counter Strike

Warcraft III

Wii Virtual Console(not gonna post all those:p)

Magic: the gathering has consumed my soul once again. playing in every tournament in my area.
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 16 May 2008, 19:34

Francis and I are playing through halo 1 and 2 again.
-^_^-
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 16 May 2008, 20:08

I just beat Super Mario RPG. I love that game.

On that same note, this is too awesome for the youtube thread
The Rawest Forest
Image Image Image
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 17 May 2008, 01:27

I remember when that song first came out a while ago.

My friends and I sang it all the time. ^_^
I can't think of a signature.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Pinball counts too

Postby Evil Jim » 17 May 2008, 04:45

Thumbs up to Alja for Fester's Quest & Tak for Vegas Dreams. Good taste there, fellas.

For me, Pin*Bot (1986.) I love the actual pinball table but since those are getting rare I've had to make do with the NES cart (1990) (also excellent) and more recently Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection (2008) which contains a photo-realistic playable recreation of the table. When I get started I can go for hours on any version.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 17 May 2008, 09:55

DicyDax wrote:Oh, also, Diablo II and Warcraft III.
Fucking liar. Play dota with us.
i dont know what's happening anymore
Zombaholic
First Video: Bioshocked

Postby Zombaholic » 17 May 2008, 10:02

Conkers Bad Fur Day and Megaman 64. I've been playing some old 64 games for the last few days. Even though GTA 4 sits there collecting dust. I have to admit though, I really did miss playing as Evo in Silicon Valley. Oddly enough I just thought of MST3K.

In the not to distant future,
Deep down in a valley.
Is a robot penguin with an army

Da da da da---
Ask me anything about Reboot!
Don't ask me anything about reboot
What?

Postby What? » 17 May 2008, 15:11

Final Fantasy Tactics is the only game I can reliably count on returning to even after years of time and a dozen or more play throughs. Simply the best.
Hawkaris
First Video: 1337

Postby Hawkaris » 17 May 2008, 17:35

I still play Super Metroid, just to keep my skills fresh. Because, you know, I could be challenged to a speedrun of that game at any moment. Or not.

I don't know if it is exactly an "old" game, but I have played and continue to play a lot of level-hacks for Super Mario World. There are quite a few good ones out there.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 17 May 2008, 18:07

Golden Sun. It's not that I play it over and over. I just think about it all the time.

Ditto for LoZ: Windwaker. If I'm bored or having to do some tedious drudgery, I just do chores on Outset Island or imagine myself leveling up using Psyenergy. Yes, I know, O_o
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 17 May 2008, 18:22

AlexanderDitto wrote:Golden Sun. It's not that I play it over and over. I just think about it all the time.

Totally, dude. I keep thinking about the things I COULD have done in that game, and where I SHOULD have gone, and being like "Oh man I totally missed that thing I spotted earlier, and was like "OH I SHOULD GO BACK" but I never did.".

Stupid Golden Sun.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
CtMolloy

Re: Old games you just can't get away from

Postby CtMolloy » 17 May 2008, 19:02

Smeghead wrote:Transport Tycoon Deluxe (sadly I've lost the cd with the game, it's a major loss to me. That game is just to damn addictive and all the remakes and new games in the same area just can't even get close to the charm of the original game)

Same here, I lost my cd a few years ago, i had the original transport tycoon as well, which i think i still have the cd for.
I do have Locomotion, which does look a little better and I really enjoy. I always go back to playing it and building massive rail networks that somehow work well.

I don't really have any other games that i do that with.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 17 May 2008, 19:05

Allen! wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:Golden Sun. It's not that I play it over and over. I just think about it all the time.

Totally, dude. I keep thinking about the things I COULD have done in that game, and where I SHOULD have gone, and being like "Oh man I totally missed that thing I spotted earlier, and was like "OH I SHOULD GO BACK" but I never did.".

Stupid Golden Sun.

Amen. Awesome, awesome game.

There was one thing in Golden Sun (or Golden Sun 2?) that I feel a little bad, but also a bit proud about. There was a little town that you would go to, and in the town was some sort of smith. You talk to a guy and he crafts you a weapon at random (out of a few different ones). The thing is, one of the weapons he can craft is the best weapon in the game for one of your characters. So what I ended up doing was saving before, then just restarting and talking to him, etc. until I got Excalibur. Not really genius, but I figured it out when I was like 10, so I'm proud of that. /Nostalgia
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
~Alice

Postby ~Alice » 18 May 2008, 09:57

the Original, Final fantasy, was awesome. Donkey kong, was another of my favorites
Smile!
god Thinks He still loves you!
blackdragontaz
The Goddamn Batman

Postby blackdragontaz » 19 May 2008, 08:34

Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening
Super Mario RPG
Paper Mario
LoZ: Wind Waker
Kirby 64
Megaman 64
Blast Corps
FF Tactics
Conker: Live and Reloaded (Xbox remake)
LoZ: Link to the Past
Last edited by blackdragontaz on 19 May 2008, 12:15, edited 2 times in total.
arctic.warfare

Postby arctic.warfare » 19 May 2008, 08:48

Sometimes I'm called back to the fateful cathedral in Tristram...
"Mere opinions, in fact, were as likely to govern people's actions as hard evidence, and were subject to sudden reversals as hard evidence could never be." -Kurt Vonnegut November 11, 1922 – April 11, 2007
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 19 May 2008, 09:53

I also tend to go back to teh Baldure's Gate games (the PC ones, not the next to crappy PS2 ones). In fact I'm actually playing BG1 atm.
arctic.warfare

Postby arctic.warfare » 21 May 2008, 16:17

Smeghead wrote:I also tend to go back to teh Baldure's Gate games (the PC ones, not the next to crappy PS2 ones). In fact I'm actually playing BG1 atm.
The Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale series was epic... I'd like to see them redone with modern effects.
"Mere opinions, in fact, were as likely to govern people's actions as hard evidence, and were subject to sudden reversals as hard evidence could never be." -Kurt Vonnegut November 11, 1922 – April 11, 2007
Valandil

Postby Valandil » 22 May 2008, 02:48

JesterJ. wrote:Amen. Awesome, awesome game.

There was one thing in Golden Sun (or Golden Sun 2?) that I feel a little bad, but also a bit proud about. There was a little town that you would go to, and in the town was some sort of smith. You talk to a guy and he crafts you a weapon at random (out of a few different ones). The thing is, one of the weapons he can craft is the best weapon in the game for one of your characters. So what I ended up doing was saving before, then just restarting and talking to him, etc. until I got Excalibur. Not really genius, but I figured it out when I was like 10, so I'm proud of that. /Nostalgia

Oh god, that bloody sword. Someone posted on gamefaqs a way of manipulating the game's second-by-second-based RNG system to guarantee that damn thing being crafted, but I never managed to ace it.

Golden Sun was beautiful, and I can't wait for Camelot to release whatever they're planning for the Wii.
Wraith wrote:WHY DOES THIS KEEP GETTING HARDER?!
Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 22 May 2008, 17:42

I am now playing Command And Conquer Red Alert 1 & 2
Image Image Image
arctic.warfare

Postby arctic.warfare » 22 May 2008, 19:36

Red Alert 2 was a fine game for its time... The best RTS ever, in my opinion. Nothing kicks more ass or takes more names than a Soviet tank rush.
Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 22 May 2008, 20:54

arctic.warfare wrote:Red Alert 2 was a fine game for its time... The best RTS ever, in my opinion. Nothing kicks more ass or takes more names than a Soviet tank rush.
And its always fun winning a mission with nothing but conscripts.
Image Image Image
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 22 May 2008, 21:22

Dark Cloud1 and 2 constantly gnaw at my subconcious.
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 22 May 2008, 21:24

Vaughn wrote:Dark Cloud1 and 2 constantly gnaw at my subconcious.

Fucking Adam makes me angry because he refuses to beat Dark Cloud 2 and lend it to me
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 22 May 2008, 21:31

Park on his neck and take it.
Its thoroughly enjoyable, and in some places, more infuriating than Darkcloud 1.
possibly because i have a habit of being impressivly thrifty with items, and usually end up killing myself, or forcing myself to clear a "srsly, use your Warmech because everythings resistent to everything else" level the hard way because i didnt heal.
Do the Catterpillar!

*wiggle wiggle*

Return to “General Discussion”