Favorite D&D adventures

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Cake
Magically Delicious

Favorite D&D adventures

Postby Cake » 08 Jun 2008, 22:28

With D&D 4 out, it's time to reflect upon the past. What were some of you favorite D&D adventures that you went on?
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 08 Jun 2008, 22:30

My first time playing, we were defending this village from a band of wizards. Turned out the town was evil-aligned so they hired the wizards to attack us, not expecting us to survive.

Good times slaughtering the village.
i dont know what's happening anymore
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 08 Jun 2008, 22:57

We went to some castle with a acid dragon in the basement or some crap, I was playing a monk, and used my Stun Attack thing, it rolled a 1 on its fort save, so it was stunned for 2 rounds. the mage dropped a flaming koosh on him for 2 turns and it died.

We then went upstairs and killed a Vampire we werent supposed to. it was supposed to get away. Dunno why our GM didnt fake it or something.

Turns out the bitch who sent us out on our last 3 quests was trying to kill us, sending us off on all these dragon hunts and shit, "seriously who sends random strangers out to places liek that?" which i totally called. I rubbed it in my groups face.
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
Tirk

Postby Tirk » 08 Jun 2008, 23:09

*le sigh* Well, we had one of my brothers in the party with us, and he was the 'pickpocket anything that isn't bolted down and piss on anything that will be amusing' kind. So while in the forest he manages to anger some trees with his piss.

I think he must have annoyed our DM to such an extent because we had the whole forest down on us (if I recall), in the end we ended up burning down the whole forest with a magical phoenix feather we had acquired earlier.

If I recall in another campaign we had a battle that consisted solely of using obscure skills/rulebook strategies that took probably the whole night to finish.

EDIT: You speak as if tho 4th edition has brought a death to dice-rolling, cake! I haven't checked out the 4th books yet (been lazy I'm getting there) but from what Bego told me he had nothing to complain about. Simplified, but tha'ts usually what I played anyways. I generally threw the technical crap out the window and got down to the roleplaying (with a basic structure of course. AC/ battle system and feats. Enough to make players feel like they have to fight to win while saving 10000+ hours of dice rolling /scribbling math down on a paper to pretend you know the probability of hitting that orc who is hidden 73% behind that stalagmite of which can only be partially seen thanks to the dim moonlight spilling in through the crack in the ceiling of the cave, oh, and you have two of your allies in the way!)
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 09 Jun 2008, 06:34

So my Party and I had just killed a Gelatinous Cube and so we walked past it up some stairs and into a courtyard. There was no way out of this courtyard except for a on the other side of the yard. This door was magically locked and we had to put some stones that we had found into depressions in the ground with the same symbols on them. So we trap checked the door and failed, and much like you Tirk we had the 'pick pocket/piss' type person in our party, and he went through the door before we could trap-check again. Needless to say there was a trap. He fell through the floor and back into the dungeon we had just come out of, he was right in front of the Gelatinous Cube that had 'reformed'. We had no rope,so he had to find a way past the cube and he ended up sneaking past it, while causing great damage to himself. We ended up killing him, and when he made his next character, he gave it some rope.
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 09 Jun 2008, 07:47

The first adventure I played was in high school, with Jer, Morgan, James and Allen. Bill was running it, and it was the [in]famous Temple of Elemental Evil.

Not what I'd call a beginners campaign...

I played a manster.
That's a were-hamster.
Shut up, it was awesome.
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 09 Jun 2008, 07:58

I remember my last DnD adventure, when I had a serious falling-out with the DM.

He told me - for two hours - that my Dwarf named "Bojangles" who had an alcohol dependence to the point he fought with a keg of ale banded with iron spikes - was not "taking the game seriously," and a "poor choice for roleplaying."

To this day, I don't know why I didn't walk out earlier than that, because after those two hours, he was still going.
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 09 Jun 2008, 13:40

First campain I played a monk, game 2 I became a Vampire, then tried to go outside in the sun. But that was because of poor story telling by the DM, when we fought the vampire originally he said it was day... apprently he was mistaken

most memorable story would have to be when our DM, who is a sweetheart, wanted to run a fairy tail game, but with our group it went to hell. In the end we ended up with these muffins that turned people into rabbits, one of our characters had eaten one. The last day came down to having to stop Snow White from falling in love with The Prince from Cinderella, so we fed her a muffin... then the rabbit from our party raped the Snow White rabbit.... then we took the next week off and were told never to speak of that game again.

good times
bigfatn00b

Postby bigfatn00b » 09 Jun 2008, 13:59

Within the first 5 minutes of my character's introduction in my first campaign (I joined after they had already had a couple of sessions), one of the other players decided they wanted to rape me (we were both playing as men). He rolled a 20 for 'penetration', then I immediately rolled a 20 for my reflex roll, and my DM took pity on me.

I've stuck to playing WOD ever since.
What, how can I sign on a computer? The ink just stays in one place on the screen!
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 09 Jun 2008, 14:23

Do the Catterpillar!

*wiggle wiggle*
Zed Alpha

Postby Zed Alpha » 10 Jun 2008, 10:27

The one where our party (consisting of a halfling barbarian/ranger/howling rager [a homebrew prestige class; played by me], a warforged monk, a pair of elf bards, a human wizard, a half-orc paladin [who ended up getting the half-clay-golem template], and a gnome illusionist) was hired by the queen of a Lawful Good kobold kingdom in the Underdark to rescue its top mages.

That was fun. The party ended up fighting on the surface of an underground sea, and were pretty much all pulled underwater by a trio of aboleths and their kraken slaves.

The only ones that didn't die were me ('cause I had chugged a bunch of potions that pretty much made me intangible and able to fly, so I couldn't be grabbed), the warforged ('cause he didn't have to breathe when he was dragged underwater), and the illusionist ('cause he, well, illusion'd the aboleths to believe he didn't exist and thus wasn't grabbed).

The survivors the proceeded to spend the next few adventures finding a way to set the sea on fire so the aboleths and their fish-drow hordes couldn't invade the Underdark, and from there, the surface world.
Frozengale wrote:You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 10 Jun 2008, 11:26

Sable wrote:He told me - for two hours - that my Dwarf named "Bojangles" who had an alcohol dependence to the point he fought with a keg of ale banded with iron spikes - was not "taking the game seriously,"

Pfff.
He sounds like a lame DM. Stuff like that makes D&D fun.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 10 Jun 2008, 15:19

Graham wrote:The first adventure I played was in high school, with Jer, Morgan, James and Allen. Bill was running it, and it was the [in]famous Temple of Elemental Evil.

Not what I'd call a beginners campaign...

I played a manster.
That's a were-hamster.
Shut up, it was awesome.

I recall your death via fireball and throwing you into a room.
I also recall the adventure AFTER that, where, if I recall correctly, I was thrown in jail(pretty well a common occurance in ANY game that I play.)

Also, my first character in Temple of Elemental Evil was a blind psionicist-warrior. Lawl.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 10 Jun 2008, 17:15

I am finding that the campaigns in wich a good dm makes up himself are the best ones. no more bought adventures for me!
-^_^-
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 10 Jun 2008, 17:28

Graham wrote:
Sable wrote:He told me - for two hours - that my Dwarf named "Bojangles" who had an alcohol dependence to the point he fought with a keg of ale banded with iron spikes - was not "taking the game seriously,"

Pfff.
He sounds like a lame DM. Stuff like that makes D&D fun.

He is a lame DM. Oh well.
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 10 Jun 2008, 18:27

My friend bought a module for low levels and had us try it. It was horrid.

A narrow hallway opened up into a bigger room with a zombie orc. Only one of us could hit it because the zombie orc passed its listen check and rushed towards the entrance. It was lame.

My favorite one was one where I was a wizard who put wings on gorillas and made flying mounts for everyone. ^_^
I can't think of a signature.

Return to “General Discussion”