Pain...

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 01 Jul 2008, 14:24

I used to get down on all fours and rub my forehead on the carpet because it felt good. I did this until I bled sometimes. I was a very special child.

Besides that, I've never been injured. Never broke a bone or anything. :/

Oooh. WHen I was at the hospital getting a tonsillectomy, they put an anesthesia on my throat. I had an allergic reaction to it and my throat swelled shut. I had to breath through a tube for a day or so while the swelling went down.
I can't think of a signature.
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 01 Jul 2008, 14:40

I once had a bad earache. It made it difficult to sleep, and me slightly weepy, so eventually I went and asked my parents for an aspirin.

I thought that was a pretty wussy story - before I read this thread. Now I am grateful that I have never been injured or sick to any serious degree.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 01 Jul 2008, 16:43

CyberTractor wrote:I used to get down on all fours and rub my forehead on the carpet because it felt good. I did this until I bled sometimes. I was a very special child.
Was that a form of masturbation for you?
i dont know what's happening anymore
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 01 Jul 2008, 16:43

Melendwyr wrote:I thought that was a pretty wussy story - before I read this thread. Now I am grateful that I have never been injured or sick to any serious degree.
Yeah, reading this thread makes me cringe.
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 01 Jul 2008, 17:16

Woland wrote:1. I cut my thumb off when I was in the sixth grade when I got it caught in the fan belt of a belt sander.

Woland wins this one.

Master Gunner wrote:I fell out of a tree on to a cactus when I was 8 or 9. Lots of scaring on my stomach, but nothing deep enough to go to the hospital for. I actually don't recall it hurting that much though, but my memory is hazy.

I got launched off the trampoline and fell flat on my back... into a bunch of goatheadplants (our back yard was FULL of them). I couldn't move for hours, and even for a few days I could barely stand.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 01 Jul 2008, 17:20

Maybe I should go eat some poison ivy, that'll give me something fresh and mostly-lethal to post!

Honestly, I'm not sure consumption of poison ivy is lethal, but burning the stuff makes a cloud of death, so who knows? :P
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 01 Jul 2008, 17:27

I got a rusty nail through my wrist.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 01 Jul 2008, 17:56

Cake wrote:
Woland wrote:1. I cut my thumb off when I was in the sixth grade when I got it caught in the fan belt of a belt sander.

Woland wins this one.

Master Gunner wrote:I fell out of a tree on to a cactus when I was 8 or 9. Lots of scaring on my stomach, but nothing deep enough to go to the hospital for. I actually don't recall it hurting that much though, but my memory is hazy.

I got launched off the trampoline and fell flat on my back... into a bunch of goatheadplants (our back yard was FULL of them). I couldn't move for hours, and even for a few days I could barely stand.
Loss of lips and ears? wtf?
i dont know what's happening anymore
Link

Postby Link » 01 Jul 2008, 18:22

2 weeks ago my friend rolled his Suzuki Sidekick 4 times, landing upside down in a ditch. I was riding shotgun.

After spending 8 hours strapped to a spinal board in a neck brace, I was told that the upper-two vertebrae in my neck were misaligned by 1mm. I had small lacerations all over, and two chipped teeth. I'm out of the neck brace now, but it still feels like an elephant tap-danced on my chest. Also, yesterday I absent-mindedly scratched one of the small scabs left on my shin, and a shard of glass popped out of it. :cry:

The driver and my other friend in the back seat were both unharmed. Jerks.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 01 Jul 2008, 18:40

Lavos wrote:Loss of lips and ears? wtf?

If you eat them.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 01 Jul 2008, 21:32

Lavos wrote:Aha! Have a funny one some people might remember:
Last year back in the good ol' DotA days (Bill, Morgan, Adam and Ben were on like ALOT and no jestergay) I distinctly remember, while having our usual 5 minute break every 3 or 4 games, I sacked myself juggling apple juice. Good times.

Thanks Lavos. That makes me feel better, because I would totally manage to do that. I needed a good laugh.
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 01 Jul 2008, 23:11

The last 3 months of pregnancy and childbirth

During the last 3 months Loralai was enjoying stretching out one of her legs, the result was a tiny little foot between my ribs and my skin. It burned like I never felt before. If I rubbed it or pinched it she would move her foot away, but it was never gone for long. My back was also so sore I would just lay on a tennis ball all day. There was nothing else I could do for the pain.
The actual childbirth really was not as bad as the last 3 months of the pregnancy, mostly because I was so drugged up I thought the baby might come out retarded (not seriously). thankfully, because of the awesome morphine I really did not feel any pain but a heck of a lot of pressure. being pregnant sucked.
-^_^-
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 01 Jul 2008, 23:23

Lavos wrote:
CyberTractor wrote:I used to get down on all fours and rub my forehead on the carpet because it felt good. I did this until I bled sometimes. I was a very special child.
Was that a form of masturbation for you?

I was 8. I stopped doing it once puberty kicked in. :)
I can't think of a signature.
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 02 Jul 2008, 00:34

When you learned of a better way to masturbate?
-^_^-
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 02 Jul 2008, 03:59

Kawaiicaps wrote:When you learned of a better way to masturbate?
-^_^-

Probably when he started rubbing the other head on the carpet
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 02 Jul 2008, 04:22

A friend of mine once blew his thumb off whilst making a cap bomb.

(Caps are those little things of gun powder you put in a gun and it makes that crack noise)

Anyway basically making a cap bomb you cut the circle caps in half and assemble them round a tube or a sparkler or something that you use for a fuse. BUt if you want it to be really big and make a big boom you put the sparkler in last.

So anyway my friend is making this bomb and hes probably on his 200th cap and the bomb is probably I dunno size of a small basket ball (you know those mini ones). And hes ran out of caps so he sticks his sparkler in, but too fast.

The whole thing goes boom and his thumb gets blown off by the force. His mum hears runs out and see what happens. Now his mum used to be a triage nurse in the army and instantly knew to stick his thumb on ice and take him to hospital to get it on. But during the whole car journey there my friend was groaning and moaning about being sick and hungry at the same time.
Anyway they get him to hospital and his mum goes in explains everything and then says "Forget the thumb, x-ray his stomach." The doc is all like "Oh we can get this thumb back on in no time." But she insists he gets his stomach checked.

So they check is stomach and they find that all around stomach his skin was piereced with caps that didn't explode and had pentrated through to this stomach. He was in and out of surgery for like 3 weeks getting his stomach pumped and what not.

He still has his thumb too but its the most digusting thing you've ever seen, he can bend it the wrong way at will.
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 02 Jul 2008, 08:34

it's a really good thing his mom knew about bombs!!!!
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 02 Jul 2008, 08:57

Link wrote:2 weeks ago my friend rolled his Suzuki Sidekick 4 times, landing upside down in a ditch. I was riding shotgun.

After spending 8 hours strapped to a spinal board in a neck brace, I was told that the upper-two vertebrae in my neck were misaligned by 1mm. I had small lacerations all over, and two chipped teeth. I'm out of the neck brace now, but it still feels like an elephant tap-danced on my chest. Also, yesterday I absent-mindedly scratched one of the small scabs left on my shin, and a shard of glass popped out of it. :cry:

The driver and my other friend in the back seat were both unharmed. Jerks.

my sis and i were in a bad car accident and i just had scrapes on my face and a hurt back.. but she had a concussion (all she could remember was that she had a calc test that day) and a fuck ton of bruises... and then she fell out of bed the next night and we had to take her back to the hospital...
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 02 Jul 2008, 13:36

Kawaiicaps wrote:The last 3 months of pregnancy and childbirth

During the last 3 months Loralai was enjoying stretching out one of her legs, the result was a tiny little foot between my ribs and my skin. It burned like I never felt before. If I rubbed it or pinched it she would move her foot away, but it was never gone for long. My back was also so sore I would just lay on a tennis ball all day. There was nothing else I could do for the pain.
The actual childbirth really was not as bad as the last 3 months of the pregnancy, mostly because I was so drugged up I thought the baby might come out retarded (not seriously). thankfully, because of the awesome morphine I really did not feel any pain but a heck of a lot of pressure. being pregnant sucked.
-^_^-

but she's so cute? how can you hold a grudge against a little baby?

To make you feel better, my mom had a c section because my dumbass of a brother was laying across the goddamn exit. but i also had a habit of stretching in utero. And pushing on her diaphragm, keeping her from breathing.
Nomadic
First Video: Serious Cravings

Postby Nomadic » 02 Jul 2008, 13:44

I got very sick...which meant I couldn't keep food or liquids down at all. Kept getting rid of everything I tried to put in me to keep me alive through my mouth the wrong way into whatever receptacle is available.

That was the prologue.

The real story comes in when I tried to go into the bathroom to retch (again)...and ended up passing out standing up...fell forward, slammed my forehead into the tiled edge of the toilet tank (it was built into the wall) which caused my body to recoil up...whereupon I slammed down onto it again this time on the bridge of my nose. I slipped down and smashed the side of my face onto the edge of the bowl, bouncing off that and landing on the back of my head onto the floor.

Considering I'm not a small guy, the amount of force applied to my facial region by those repeated blows by solid objects meant that I was in excruciating pain.......once I woke up from passing out.

Also: Broke my left arm just above the elbow when I was 9...didn't hurt a bit. Go figure?

Also-also: My worst story is puny compared to some of the horror stories in this thread. Thank goodness I have not done some of the stuff you crazies have done.
Successfully lurking since 1709.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 02 Jul 2008, 14:27

tak197 wrote:To make you feel better, my mom had a c section because my dumbass of a brother was laying across the goddamn exit. but i also had a habit of stretching in utero. And pushing on her diaphragm, keeping her from breathing.

Mine was worse. See, the NHS isn't known for quality these days, but like aeroplanes they're usually quality care. So during labour all the monitoring equipment was hooked up and everything looked fine.

Until they actually started the birthing. See, apparently, in-utero, my brother's buttocks very much resemble his head (Mine was fine, by the way). As a result, he goes out, butt first, and blocks the exit. So we then get a ceasarean and I'm out first, though he'll persistently claim that his left butt cheek was before me.
Kennsta

Postby Kennsta » 02 Jul 2008, 17:34

I broke my collar bone falling of my bed when i was 3 or 4. Me and my brother shared a room at the time, and i was screaming really loud and he didn't even wake up. It was not a bunk-bed if anyones going to ask that.
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ..." -Louis Hector Berlioz
Zombaholic
First Video: Bioshocked

Postby Zombaholic » 02 Jul 2008, 19:53

Ask me anything about Reboot!
Don't ask me anything about reboot
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 02 Jul 2008, 19:57

Lyinginbedmon wrote:
Mine was worse. See, the NHS isn't known for quality these days, but like aeroplanes they're usually quality care. So during labour all the monitoring equipment was hooked up and everything looked fine.

Until they actually started the birthing. See, apparently, in-utero, my brother's buttocks very much resemble his head (Mine was fine, by the way). As a result, he goes out, butt first, and blocks the exit. So we then get a ceasarean and I'm out first, though he'll persistently claim that his left butt cheek was before me.

I'm assuming your a twin... because if not, that would be awkward... also, how many times did you call your brother "butt head" after you heard this story? because if i was you, i pretty much would have called him that constantly

also, aparently when i was in utero, I decided I wanted to be born a bit early, at about only 4 months into my mom's pregnancy... so she was stuck in bed for the 5 and had to stop herself from going into labor...
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 02 Jul 2008, 20:38

Trying to stand after I had broken my femur hurt quite a bit.

When I had my wisdom teeth pull there was a short time between when the painkillers from the procedure stopped working and when the other painkillers kick in that was quite painful.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.

Return to “General Discussion”