Pain...

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Pain...

Postby tak197 » 30 Jun 2008, 23:11

I had a mole removed from my arm today and it's been a long time since the lidocaine wore off, and the spot on my arm is in a place where it can get bumped into so it hurts like a "motherfucker!" right now.

What is the worst pain you have ever been in in your lifetime?
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 30 Jun 2008, 23:33

I had a filling or something dislodge or shift or something. I almost slipped and rammed my head into a wall trying to run to the bathroom with the pain
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 30 Jun 2008, 23:37

I remember when my wisdom teeth were taken out. A few weeks later, I was eating some chips and one of them stabbed into the healing wound. Blood everywhere. :(

On a lighter note, I got some vicoden after the surgery. I fell in love. <3 (But I only use it when I'm perscribed it.)
I can't think of a signature.
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 30 Jun 2008, 23:47

I read Corax's posts and my eyes start to bleed.

On a less serious note, I punched this metal pole thingy, it was apparently really hot cause it was summer, and I scraped my knuckle on it so there was blood and later a burn on my index finger's knuckle.
i dont know what's happening anymore
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 30 Jun 2008, 23:54

I hyper extended both knees at the same time.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
meisbored
First Video: Daylight Savings

Postby meisbored » 30 Jun 2008, 23:57

I was playing soccer and I kept deflecting this one guy's shots, he got mad and knocked me over sideways when I wasn't looking, and I cracked my collarbone. Hurt to move my left arm much at all for a couple weeks.

That and taking a hacky-sack to the balls >.<
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 01 Jul 2008, 00:52

Worst DoT

Every once in a while one of my knees will act up and it is an abolute pain going up stairs. Especially sucks since my room is in the basement and everything else is upstairs. And my high school has two floors. Or maybe my left shoulder. Whenever I do to many jigsaw puzzles, like 15 500 piece puzzles, my left shoulder starts to give out after all the reaching and what not.

Worst single moment of pain.
Having diarheea three times in an hour and a half period. I don't know what it ate, but it kept coming back with a vengeance.
Image Image Image
St. Ricktopher

Postby St. Ricktopher » 01 Jul 2008, 01:34

Sieg Reyu wrote:Worst single moment of pain.
Having diarheea three times in an hour and a half period. I don't know what it ate, but it kept coming back with a vengeance.

Try having it constantly for about an hour and a half, together with vomiting.
You eventually run out of stuff to crap out/spew up. That doesnt stop your body from trying though.

Tip: Never buy ice cream in India.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 01 Jul 2008, 02:03

St. Ricktopher wrote:Tip: Never buy ice cream in India.

Of course it was dodgy, it managed to stay Ice Cream in India! :P
Cureless_Poison
First Video: Fun with microwaves.

Postby Cureless_Poison » 01 Jul 2008, 04:15

1. I suffered a concussion at the age of 7, I felt like my head was exploding for 2 hours after I woke up and I lost my voice for about a week from screaming.

2. Digging a pellet out of my leg with plyers when my friends air rifle mis-fired because I didn't want to waste the day in the hospital to have to pay someone for something I did in 10 minutes.

3. Closing a swiss army knife shut on my hand and leaving a nice scar on my ring finger.

4. Slipping on a lego car my brother made when I was 9 and splitting my chin open on a window sill.

5. Having my mom retrieve a piece of glass out of my foot with tweezers when my sister threw a glass at me and my brother and the shrapnel hit me.

The life of a Ninja is full of pain. :D
Lavos
Lavos

Postby Lavos » 01 Jul 2008, 05:23

I think I'm probably going to make a few posts here once I remember the injuries.

Got multiple burns on my knees and elbows from diving without (pussy) pads in volleyball.

Got shocked and had my entire arm go numb for hours.

Dropped a ps2 on my foot. Fuck those things weigh a ton.
empath

Postby empath » 01 Jul 2008, 05:34

Two words:

Kidney Stone.

I later found out that many women who have had kidney stones and undergone natural childbirth state that they would rather pop out another kid! :shock:

Well, since others are mostly throwing out childhood injuries, I'll add my #2:

At the age of 4, I'm over at a friend's playing around in the back yard. We were messing around with a slingshot (yeah, you can see it coming, can't you?) and eventually, I got a rock smack-dab in the eyeball. :(

Ended up in the hospital for about a month, and to this day I can't remember if they actually performed any surgery on the cut eyeball. While I was in, Queen Elizabeth II visited Corner Brook. The hospital was atop a fairly steep hill above the main road that her motorcade went along, and because I was stuck in a wheelchair, all I was able to see of her was her waving arm. :roll:

Of course, that leads to the most frustrating injury I ever got - on the day I was released after that same month-long convalesence ended: My parents and I got out of the car parked across the street from our home, so naturally I wanted race over and back to my room and my toys and (etc.etc.). There was a pick-up truck going up the street, so I wisely crossed behind it...

However...

It was actually going the wrong way on a one-way street; the driver realised this, and stopped and started backing up...

When you're that young age, the big, chrome 'step bumper' on the back is just level with your head...:?

Knocked me over, and my aunt quickly stopped the man from backing over me!

Even after thirty-plus years of memory-fading I still remember being more upset than actually in pain - I just got out of that miserable hospital and now I figured I was going right back! :lol:
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 01 Jul 2008, 07:53

Lavos wrote:I think I'm probably going to make a few posts here once I remember the injuries.

The fact that I can't remember most of my big injuries is probably a big clue why.

Let's see...I've had 3 surgeries on my big toes (Two of them on the same one) for ingrown toenails. What annoyed me at the time was it was said that following the surgeries neither could get ingrown again, so it was annoying when one did. Now the "pain" part of this comes in the recovery stage, because I had two of those surgeries at the same time. So much of my legs were numb from the operation, but my feet were sore as heck. Consequently I would swivel on my chair to get up or just move, whack my feet off the desk, and spend a few moments in silent agony.

Then I had another surgery to remove my gall bladder which had developed two or three large stones. The issue then was when I woke up, partially anaesthetised, and tried to move around. It may have been endoscopic, but dang if my torso didn't hurt when I tried to sit up prematurely...

And my very most recent one (That I can remember, though this one's a little blurry) was when I went paintballing for my 18th on June 14th. I was defending in a small turret and got hit on my gun, which is an out. So as I start moving out of the turret, hand up, to get off the battlefield, I get plugged in the side of my head and spend another few moments trying to get my vision and perception straight before moving again.
In the same day (Prior to that event) I peeked out from a corner and was immediately shot twice in the crotch from about 4-5 feet away, by a guy I'd invited too. I limped from that one.
Last edited by Lyinginbedmon on 01 Jul 2008, 07:58, edited 1 time in total.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Lavos
Lavos

Postby Lavos » 01 Jul 2008, 07:58

Aha! Have a funny one some people might remember:
Last year back in the good ol' DotA days (Bill, Morgan, Adam and Ben were on like ALOT and no jestergay) I distinctly remember, while having our usual 5 minute break every 3 or 4 games, I sacked myself juggling apple juice. Good times.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 01 Jul 2008, 08:47

Lavos wrote:I sacked myself juggling apple juice.

.... WHAT!?
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 01 Jul 2008, 08:50

lets see:

head injuries: I've hit my head on a diving board... twice.... first time i was doing a back flip and hit my head... second time i was doing an inward (where you stand backward, jump back and dive forward) and I dove directly onto the board. It during a diving meet and was my first dive, anyway i finished the meet and then i took a nap, and when i woke up i couldn't see... i was so scared... but it all got better

wisdom teeth- aparently I had a pretty bad experience with my wisdom teeth, when I woke up and freaked out because I thought i had something in my mouth (it was just the novacane making me numb) and i thought i couldn't breathe so i started hyperventalating... then for some reason the rest of the week I was incredibly sensitive to any movement, I couldn't even watch TV or i felt like i would barf.. And the pain was intense...

also, i've had ingrown toenails taken out, and the surgery to kill the roots... now prior to this surgery i had the most disgusting ingrown toenail ever... oh yeah it was also on my right foot... in the middle of soccer season... let me tell you, kicking a soccer ball with "the worst ingrown toenail" the trainer has ever seen is not fun... so yeah after the surgery it was actually a huge relief...
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
OmegaZultan

Postby OmegaZultan » 01 Jul 2008, 09:34

Head Injury NUMBAH OOOOOONE: 3 years old, vertical mattress on the wall. I'm like "ooh I should climb thing" Things led to thing and I fell face first on the floor, scar over my left eye.

Head injury NUMBAH TWOOOOOOOO: 7 years old, we had this metal chair with big cushioning where you sat and my stepbrother would keep throwing us on it or fun, I missed the cushion and scraped the skin over my right eyebrow pretty bad.

This one time I went fishing with my family, and as I was reahcing for a soda my cousin cast his pole....into my upper lip, so I had to stand in line at the hospy with a fishhook and the little weight decorations on it for like an hour. Oddly enough the only thing that really hurt about that was the intial impact of the hook, nothing afterwards really hurt at all :/ I was 9 at the time.

Two ingrown toenails removed via cutting off the skin then the piece of nail, the most painful part was when the doc stuck the needle in the infected portion each time. When my second bandage was about to be removed the blood had dried and it wouldnt come off so the nurse had been attempting to remove it gently the doctor just came in and YANKED it off.

I think the whole hospital heard me that time.
--OmegaZultan--
When the world ends, Bill begins.
zombine
Location: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Postby zombine » 01 Jul 2008, 10:10

Broke a femur

twice
Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 01 Jul 2008, 10:28

St. Ricktopher wrote:
Sieg Reyu wrote:Worst single moment of pain.

Try having it constantly for about an hour and a half, together with vomiting.
You eventually run out of stuff to crap out/spew up. That doesnt stop your body from trying though.

Tip: Never buy ice cream in India.
I have had the constant vomiting. I good five or so times after my stomach was empty I kept on heaving. It hurts so bad. Feels like your insides are about to come out.
Image Image Image
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 01 Jul 2008, 11:58

Hard to say for sure. Might have been the time when I was four and I got out of the bath with a towel rapped around me, and I stood next to the gas heater to warm up. I guess a corner found its way into the heater and about 80% of my body had first or second degree burns, as well as two third degree burns that left scars that lasted for years.

Or it might have been a year later when I was playing with my sister insider her hoola-hoop, and our dog, who was the sweetest thing in the world and just wanted to play with her humans, jumped up and her claw caught in my right eye-lid, tearing it almost completely off.

Or it might have been when I was sixteen and that guy stabbed me with his pocket knife.

Or it might have been the time I got a root canal, and I went home, and over the next week or so, I was afraid that I'd turned into a big wuss because the pain was almost unbearable, despite the fact that thousands of people get get them every day, only to find out when I returned to the dentist that it had gotten infected and swollen larger than he'd seen his 12 years of practice.

Buuuut, if I had to guess, I'd say it was the time I paid $8.00 to see election. :::shudder:::
-Wraith
Misty
The Goddamn Batman
First Video: Suspend Your Disbelief

Postby Misty » 01 Jul 2008, 12:04

I slammed my thumb in a door, splitting the nail diagonally and permanently taking a chunk from the side of my thumb with it. The nail ended up coming off and I had a metal piece (it looked like tin foil) sewed in so the new one would grow in correctly.

I, lovingly, referred to my thumb as "Frankenthumb".
meisbored
First Video: Daylight Savings

Postby meisbored » 01 Jul 2008, 12:24

mistyladybug wrote:I slammed my thumb in a door, splitting the nail diagonally and permanently taking a chunk from the side of my thumb with it. The nail ended up coming off and I had a metal piece (it looked like tin foil) sewed in so the new one would grow in correctly.

I, lovingly, referred to my thumb as "Frankenthumb".

That reminds me, when I was 7 or so, I decided to play Superman by lying on a little folding TV tray thing, and just as I put my hands underneath to get off, it collapsed and took off the nail of my left ring finger. Never went to the hospital or anything, just let it grow back. I remember it being purple for a couple weeks.
Woland

Postby Woland » 01 Jul 2008, 12:52

1. I cut my thumb off when I was in the sixth grade when I got it caught in the fan belt of a belt sander.

My dad got it into a cup of ice and they were able to put it back on at the hospital. It was...a special experience.

2. This one is a little stranger. When I was in college I "experimented" with LSD. After about fifty hours of no-sleep hallucination I came down enough to sleep, only to dream that I had been cut in half. It was very visceral and I don't think my brain could tell that I was dreaming. That hurt really badly, but, while it was actual pain, it wasn't actual physical injury, so you may not be willing to count it.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 01 Jul 2008, 12:59

I fell out of a tree on to a cactus when I was 8 or 9. Lots of scaring on my stomach, but nothing deep enough to go to the hospital for. I actually don't recall it hurting that much though, but my memory is hazy.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 01 Jul 2008, 13:56

When I was five I tripped and fell onto the lever that lifted the foot rest on chairs. I have a fun scar in the middle of my forehead.
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"

Return to “General Discussion”