Sometimes I wish I lived in America

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 10 Jul 2008, 19:37

Master Gunner wrote:

Bonjour Motherfuckers.
While I dislike Trudeau as a rule, I will admit that he was pretty badass in his day.

Trudeau has always struck me as an interesting fellow. I wish I could have met him. That said, I'm reminded of the following.

I don't know the context of this image, but from all I know about the three people included in it, I'm rather curious about said context. And since all my searches have led to naught, I'm left with this photo which just leaves me wonderfully confused in several odd ways. I find it rather good for meandering contemplation and speculation on some of the more interesting people I've ever read about from the modern age.

~Alja~
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 10 Jul 2008, 20:10

I can not find a good image online but there is a picture of Trudeau dancing behind the Queen's back.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 10 Jul 2008, 21:33

Cureless_Poison wrote:
Unlucky wrote:The only reason I would wanna live in the states is for the FAAAAR superior internet and technology pricings.

AoL goes for 29.95$ usd a month, and Telus high speed extreme adsl goes for 35.95$ cad a month.

The EVGA E-GEFORCE 9800GX2 SSC Crysis 675MHZ 1GB 2.1GHZ GDDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDMI HDCP Video Card goes for 596.80$ usd and 643.15$ cad.

Overall it's not a huge differential only an days work.

Well, those first figures don't mean much to me until I can hear what kind of bandwidth usage and volume you receive for your money, and if your uploads are counted towards this cap or not.

Secondly, dunno where you're looking but I can grab the same thing for 454.99$ USD (newegg.com). Here, you couldn't get that for under $550 no matter where you looked, hell the cheapest generic brand around in our country is just around the corner from me. Unfortunately newegg doesn't ship overseas, and the price gap for getting it shipped simply isn't large enough to warrant the trouble.
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 10 Jul 2008, 23:22

I'm speechless that somebody would take the time to make such utter shit.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 11 Jul 2008, 03:59

Cureless_Poison wrote:
Unlucky wrote:The only reason I would wanna live in the states is for the FAAAAR superior internet and technology pricings.

AoL goes for 29.95$ usd a month, and Telus high speed extreme adsl goes for 35.95$ cad a month.

AOL only costs $9.95.
-Wraith
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 11 Jul 2008, 14:16

For those who would like to have their own nation...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Sealand
The Principality of Sealand, a 'micronation' off the coast of England... in England. They even have their own currency!
Frozengale

Postby Frozengale » 11 Jul 2008, 15:55

metcarfre wrote:For those who would like to have their own nation...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Sealand
The Principality of Sealand, a 'micronation' off the coast of England... in England. They even have their own currency!

Heck yes! That's awesome!

Though the picture of it makes it look shabby and what not. Still to have your own nation is pretty frickin cool.
If I ever come up with something witty or interesting I'm not going to display it in plain sight for you buffoons to steal away.

Return to “General Discussion”