COWABUNGA DUDE!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Cosine

COWABUNGA DUDE!

Postby Cosine » 03 Sep 2008, 00:01

FirstShowing.net is reporting a rumor that a live-action reboot of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series is in the works.

Kevin Eastman wrote:"Although the CGI film did well enough to warrant a sequel, there has been much talk between Imagi and Warners to do a better 're-invention' (newest Hollywood buzzword) of the TMNT's, in a live action film–like what was done with Batman. Back to basics, back to the origin and the intro of the Shredder, etc…there have been talks, trips to Northampton to talk to Mr Laird, and discussions with the original "first" TMNT film director Steve Barron to come back and do it right–but no official word yet…will keep you posted."

How excited are you for this? Cause I'm pretty stoked!

Man-Loving Lentil-Muffins Oh YEAH!
Jester

Postby Jester » 23 Sep 2008, 16:35

Does posting in a unanswered thread 20 days after it's created constitute "necro-posting"?

As a member of the TMNT fan community (yes, there does exist a small web-based fandom) I was elated when I read this news. Then I read other news that the previous news wasn't news but unfounded rumor, and my heart sank. The other co-creator of the TMNT, Peter Laird said that there are some talks, and that a hybrid film may be the way to go, but the talks are in thew very early stages.
Peter Laird wrote:Of course we will make our best efforts to surpass what has come before, but as yet we have only had the most cursory of discussions about what the plot/direction of a new movie could be. Hopefully that process will start in earnest soon.

Mirage Studio's employee and bloger Steve Murphy also debunked the rumor.

As much as I'd love to be right there with you frolicking in the field of nostalgia, I regret to inform you that the next Turtle movie may be a long way off.
forty6andtwo

Postby forty6andtwo » 23 Sep 2008, 16:56

This news both excites and scares me. I am a huge fan of the original series, and I was young enough when the first live-action movie was made for it to have a magical charm for me. If they could do it justice in the way of proper story line and stellar (read: Dark Knight or better) special effects, I would be a happy guy. However, how possible is this outcome, as opposed to another Box Office Gong Show. I know, hire LRR to do it! :wink:
~~Out of work drummer in Victoria looking for a band to play with, inquire within~~
AwesomeAndrew

Postby AwesomeAndrew » 23 Sep 2008, 16:59

I hope this is like the first live-action film, the second was kinda lame and the third was just meh but the first, the first was 'radical', I still have it on VHS along with some of the old cartoon. Ahhh, memories...
This signature is mediocre.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 24 Sep 2008, 05:02

I hope so, the animatronics have improved greatly since the 90s so the facial expressiosn should be better. Possibly the fight scenes would be a lot more brutal because what I know the original comics were very dark.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
AeroCmdr
Requires Additional Pylons

Postby AeroCmdr » 24 Sep 2008, 05:31

I would enjoy another live action tmnt movie quite a bit if it was done right. I was taught karate by one of the martial artists who was in one of the suits when I was younger. Good times
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 24 Sep 2008, 05:38

Lucky you.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 24 Sep 2008, 15:48

Jester wrote:As a member of the TMNT fan community (yes, there does exist a small web-based fandom)

I find that hard to believe.

Seems like it'd be pretty big. The original comics were good, and the show was a phenomenon.
-Wraith
forty6andtwo

Postby forty6andtwo » 24 Sep 2008, 15:59

a friend of mine had a plethora of the comics, they were all printed in the UK though, and for some reason over there they call them Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, the term ninja being deemed too violent for children's programming.
~~Out of work drummer in Victoria looking for a band to play with, inquire within~~
Jester

Postby Jester » 24 Sep 2008, 18:29

Wraith wrote:
Jester wrote:As a member of the TMNT fan community (yes, there does exist a small web-based fandom)

I find that hard to believe.

Seems like it'd be pretty big. The original comics were good, and the show was a phenomenon.

True, we may be bigger than I'd give us credit for, but I'm sure that things like the Transformers have a more vocal web-fan base.

Return to “General Discussion”