Evil League of Evil Video Applications Open

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 27 Sep 2008, 22:56

James wrote:It should probably be said that site has no actual affiliation with Dr Horrible.

Are you sure? If you go to drhorrible.com and click the twitter link, the most recent post links to the same site.
It looks legit to me.
Nameless_1

Postby Nameless_1 » 28 Sep 2008, 01:08

either way, the video potential (whether through the site or just for LRR) is well over 9000
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 28 Sep 2008, 02:02

Dominic Appleguard wrote:
James wrote:It should probably be said that site has no actual affiliation with Dr Horrible.

Are you sure? If you go to drhorrible.com and click the twitter link, the most recent post links to the same site.
It looks legit to me.

There's no legal information, no contest rules, and the domiain registry information for both sites is vastly different (the ELE's info is behind a proxy, for one thing).
davefp

Postby davefp » 28 Sep 2008, 07:07

If you look at the interview linked earlier in the thread here there is the following quote:

And there will be a contest. “We will take video submissions for the Evil League of Evil. No longer than 3 minutes, like you’re applying for Survivor or something, We’ll put the 10 best videos on the DVD. We’ve got a couple of things to do first, like the soundtrack…”

That sounds an awful lot like what has been posted on the ELE site. I would speculate that the lack of legal information, contest rules etc. matches the fact that Dr. Horrible isn't powered by a studio, it's just a bunch of guys doing what they think is cool.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 28 Sep 2008, 07:48

They talked about doing this at the Comic Con panel, I'm pretty sure it's legit.

It's been posted on the Official Fansite, officially. ( [url="http://doctorhorrible.net/evil-league-of-evil-applications-open/367/"]http://doctorhorrible.net/evil-league-of-evil-applications-open/367/[/url] ), so I'm sure they'd know if it wasn't real.

666? IT IS A SIGN. I am destined to apply! D: If only I had a video camera... the whole thing's nearly planned out in my head. And the song is so sad, too! And crazy! D:
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 28 Sep 2008, 14:15

Graham wrote:
Dominic Appleguard wrote:

It looks legit to me.

There's no legal information, no contest rules, and the domiain registry information for both sites is vastly different (the ELE's info is behind a proxy, for one thing).

All good points, but if one assumes the contest is unaffiliated with Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, it doesn't make much sense that the drhorrible twitter account would link to it with the message 'seeking new evil'. Pretty misleading.

Return to “General Discussion”