Hair Styles for Guys

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
andrew.d.stewart

My hair length

Postby andrew.d.stewart » 10 Oct 2008, 14:08

My hair goes down to my shoulders. It's long enough that practically every other guy in school does little razor impressions to annoy me. It just feels comfortable at that length, and It's great to feel it flap in the wind when you run.
Kate!

Postby Kate! » 10 Oct 2008, 19:19

whenever I go to get my haircut I simply ask the person cutting it to "bring the funk."

It seems to work to my advantage.
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 11 Oct 2008, 00:03

^

If I did that, I'd prolly get an epic WTF out of whichever 20 year old chick is about to chop at my mop top.
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 11 Oct 2008, 00:30

Kate! wrote:whenever I go to get my haircut I simply ask the person cutting it to "bring the funk."

It seems to work to my advantage.

surely does. reowwwr
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 11 Oct 2008, 01:07

i dont cut my hair, i heard some guys shave it and to that i say "what are you a chick?" but seriously you shouldnt try and style your hair. and remember, you already know all the people that are seeing that hair anyways, so who are you trying to impress?
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 11 Oct 2008, 04:33

Corax wrote:so who are you trying to impress?

For most people, it's their sense of pride. You can do what you want with your hair, and not just to impress others.

Besides, we all know the chickas go for matted-down, dirty, long hair :)
masamune

Postby masamune » 11 Oct 2008, 07:53

spartanhelmet wrote:For most people, it's their sense of pride. You can do what you want with your hair, and not just to impress others.

Besides, we all know the chickas go for matted-down, dirty, long hair :)

oh, dude.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 12 Oct 2008, 02:56

I was fortunate to take a photograph of the best haircut I've ever had the day it happened. So now when I go to a barber that isn't my regular I take a copy of the photograph & say "give me that." If they fail at something so easy they get raped with their own scissors. Or no tip. It depends on my mood.

The photo by the way is my current avatar pic. Handsome guy, part in hair, blue background. If you're reading this post sometime in the future & the avatar doesn't match the description then you're outta luck.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 12 Oct 2008, 03:57

I like having long hair, and dislike hairdressers.
Last time i was at one getting my hair cut shorter I had mentioned that I planned to spike it up and asked them not to the thinning scissors or whatever they are that make it easy to spike hair into tiny wuss spikes because I wanted bigger chunky spikes. so of course she decided to incur my firey wrath by using the scissors and cutting my hair much shorter than I asked. Grrr

A few times I've had mighty big mohawks, they're annoying to try and ride in a car with, or walk in areas with a low ceiling.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 14 Oct 2008, 04:49

I've just noticed in the mirror my hair is taking on a look of Priss from Blade Runner and Priss of Bubblegum Crisis 2032 (the latter having been based off of Blade runner's Priss).
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 15 Oct 2008, 15:39

1. Long hair does not look good on boys. I'm sorry. It just doesn't. I don't care how wavy and shiny it is. It does not look good. There is the odd girl that finds it attractive, but it is rare. I know of one boy who ever looked good with hair that was longer than a shag, and that was because he had a matching beard and looked like a pirate.

2. Dreadlocks do not look good on white people. Again, it works on the rare person, but you have to be a really, really big hippie.

3. I'm not kidding. Cut your hair, you look like a douche.

4. If your hair is thinning, buzzcut it. It generally looks awesome. Don't try and do any type of combing to cover things up. It's not worth it.

5. Yes, girls are often pretty good at cutting hair, but you have to check with them first so they don't fuck you up. I myself give a mean mohawk.

6. For the last time, cut your hair and get a job. Don't you ever want to have sex?

7. Grow a beard.

These are the rules you must follow to look awesome. I hope you remember them. They are RULES.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 15 Oct 2008, 15:46

I've always been a rule-breaker.

And it's always paid off.

~Alja~
Misty
The Goddamn Batman
First Video: Suspend Your Disbelief

Postby Misty » 15 Oct 2008, 16:12

I totally agree with all Emma's rules, other than the last one (Sorry, I'm not one for full-on beard action. Paul is an exception, he's gorgeous.)
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 15 Oct 2008, 16:18

Emma just posted all those rules to remind you that I am amazing
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 15 Oct 2008, 17:18

Allen! wrote:Emma just posted all those rules to remind you that I am amazing

Oh, you.

Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 15 Oct 2008, 17:29

Me: I got a haircut.
GF: It is teh hawtz short. Let me maul you with my face/etc.
Me: OK. I shall get it cut more often.

End of story.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 15 Oct 2008, 18:34

metcarfre wrote:Me: I got a haircut.
GF: It is teh hawtz short. Let me maul you with my face/etc.
Me: OK. I shall get it cut more often.

End of story.

Point.

Counterpoint.

Me: My hair is long, silky and gorgeous!
My Lass: Ooh! Lemme braid it!
Me: Ooh, ahh, that feels so nice!
*then later, snuggles, cuddles, kisses, and all*

Me: My hair is short, making me look substantially younger and somewhat trendier.
My Lass: It looks nifty, and it's all soft in the back. But I love ya no matter what yer hair looks like!
*smooched mightily!*
Me: Babble blagh... urr... mmmmm....
*sappy lovins*

~Alja~
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 15 Oct 2008, 18:56

emma wrote:1. Long hair does not look good on boys. I'm sorry. It just doesn't. I don't care how wavy and shiny it is. It does not look good. There is the odd girl that finds it attractive, but it is rare. I know of one boy who ever looked good with hair that was longer than a shag, and that was because he had a matching beard and looked like a pirate.

2. Dreadlocks do not look good on white people. Again, it works on the rare person, but you have to be a really, really big hippie.

4. If your hair is thinning, buzzcut it. It generally looks awesome. Don't try and do any type of combing to cover things up. It's not worth it.

5. Yes, girls are often pretty good at cutting hair, but you have to check with them first so they don't fuck you up. I myself give a mean mohawk.

6. For the last time, cut your hair and get a job. Don't you ever want to have sex?

7. Grow a beard.

These are the rules you must follow to look awesome. I hope you remember them. They are RULES.

I'd really have to disagree with most of this. Maybe I'm that odd girl you're talking about though. However, I do know a lot of girls who agree with me. I happen to know a lot of boys who have long hair and look quite dashing. Most are metal heads with big bushy beards. I love their look.
I also love most all people with dreadlocks. I get all giddy when I get to photograph them. They just have some kind of raw beauty that I love to capture. Photographing Matt McNasty from the Real McKenzies was fucking awesome.

I think people can look like douches with short hair. I think people can look like douches with long hair. It all really has to do with what looks good on you and what you can pull off, really. I do however agree strongly with the point of if you're balding, just let it be or shave it. Don't trump your head. It's icky.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 15 Oct 2008, 19:33

Long hair can be a definite part of a subculture, so on someone who is a metal head it will look appropriate and often good (though I admit almost every metal-head I've met with long hair has had that gross really thin hair that guys get sometimes when their hair is longer. Same things with dreads - it fits a subculture, but on most people it just doesn't work.

So I stand by my rules.

masamune

Postby masamune » 15 Oct 2008, 20:08

those rules are ridiculous. how a hair style looks on a person depends directly on their face shape and features. not to mention their confidence. it's like if i said all girls with short hair look bad. it's just plain untrue.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 16 Oct 2008, 03:15

emma wrote:1. Long hair does not look good on boys. I'm sorry. It just doesn't. I don't care how wavy and shiny it is. It does not look good. There is the odd girl that finds it attractive, but it is rare. I know of one boy who ever looked good with hair that was longer than a shag, and that was because he had a matching beard and looked like a pirate.

7. Grow a beard.

You forgot the rat tail hair cut that I've seen some idiots wear.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 16 Oct 2008, 06:06

Methinks Emma needs to go peruse the "post a pic of yourself" thread before judging. There are some awesome heads of long hair floating around this joint. Tensen's frenchbraids still have me in awe. Or maybe it's just envy. Dmitri and some others were also rocking the long hair look.

But this is coming from a girl who can't grow long hair. I just love to play with it.

OH... yeah. Ever seen the romance novel covershots of "Fabio" and friends? *drool*
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 16 Oct 2008, 08:13

Seriously, does anyone still find Fabio attractive? Good lord he looks like a douche.

And I've seen pictures of lots of people with long hair, I've seen lots of real people with long hair. I don't care. 99% of the time, it does not look good on boys.

Aztec Cowboy Mafia

Postby Aztec Cowboy Mafia » 16 Oct 2008, 08:31

There's no accounting for taste, folks.

There's just no accounting for taste. :D
there are mad and beautiful things beneath the skin of the world we know
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 16 Oct 2008, 08:46

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:I think people can look like douches with short hair.

It's true. Imagine, if you will; greased-up fauxhawk, popped collar on a golf shirt, too-loose, pre-distressed jeans? Douche.

Myself, I prefer short hair for several reasons.
- It looks better on me
- It is infinitely easier to deal with (out of shampoo? Use bar soap!)
- I climb mountains, and long hair is a bad idea. It takes forever to dry, gets in the way, too hot when it's hot out, to cold when cold. And if you've ever had to cut the majority of a girl's hair out of a rope tangle with a pocket knife before, you'll know you want to avoid long hair if possible when climbing.
- My hair gets fluffy if too long.

Also, I have this beard ->

Return to “General Discussion”