- Don't marry too soon. There's no rush.
- Don't have kids too soon. You need to be more than ready to handle being entirely responsible for someone's life.
- Don't have more than two kids naturally. Global population growth at this point is bad, mmkay? Maintain the status quo, or reduce it with one or no kids. However, adopt as many as you like.
- Don't let others pressure you. If your parents want grandkids, tell them to go volunteer at a day care, or a child's hospital, or an orphanage, and to stop living vicariously through you.
- Don't care about what some people think. Love who your heart chooses, no matter their gender, race, religion, age, etc. Genuinely love, and let everything else fall into place.
- Don't worry about being alone. Love is found in many places, and in many forms. Don't go dating just because you feel lonely. Instead make friends, become part of a community, and let love find its way to you. Eventually you'll meet someone who you are drawn to, and perhaps them to you.
- Take chances. Not stupid risks, of course, but chances. Go out with friends, meet new people, say hello to strangers. If you are gently pushed by someone else to step out of your comfort zone from time to time, DO IT. Worst thing that happens is that you have a mediocre time, but who knows, maybe you'll have a blast and find something or someone new to spend time on.
- Love selflessly. The purest love is that for others. Do what is best for the person you love and what makes them happiest, even if it means sacrificing things you yourself want. This ranges from doing simple little things for them (like leaving love notes, making breakfast in bed, going to the movie they want to see instead of yours), to the opposite extreme of letting them live their life how they want to, even to the point of letting them go if that's what will truly make them happy.