Obama is the winner! Take 2.

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Matt
LRR Crew

Obama is the winner! Take 2.

Postby Matt » 04 Nov 2008, 22:00

Obama won! Yay! (or nay... *cough*)

feel free to discuss this.

Do not feel free to discuss who is trolling whom. that can be done via private message.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 04 Nov 2008, 22:02

I am still excited, and hopeful that Obama will begin to change things for the better.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 04 Nov 2008, 22:03

Yay!

I must say though, McCain's concession speech was better than Obama's victory speech.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 04 Nov 2008, 22:03

OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I'm doing cartwheels while I type this.
Last edited by JesterJ. on 04 Nov 2008, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Hakaryu

Postby Hakaryu » 04 Nov 2008, 22:03

made of epic win.
Tonberry's poked the dutch again.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 04 Nov 2008, 22:04

I think everything that was gonna get said has been said. I think this thread's a flamewar waiting to happen, and I'm getting out while the gettin's good.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 04 Nov 2008, 22:04

<3

I too, am still quite excited about this. I have high hopes he will bring a lot to the table. The American people voted him in by a landslide. And by the looks of it, the rest of the world agrees.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 04 Nov 2008, 22:05

Yay Obama.

That's my opinion.
I can't think of a signature.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 04 Nov 2008, 22:05

I would love to agree with that, because McCain's concession speech was great, but I was only able to watch abot 3 sentances of Obama's speech before my mother changed the channel in semi-disgust.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
AeroCmdr
Requires Additional Pylons

Postby AeroCmdr » 04 Nov 2008, 22:06

I must say I did vote for McCain. I just couldn't vote for someone so willing to spend that much money campaigning. It's not just that of course but It's the thing that rubs me the wrong way the most. I do wish we weren't stuck with this two party system though.
Last edited by AeroCmdr on 04 Nov 2008, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 04 Nov 2008, 22:07

metcarfre wrote:Yay!

I must say though, McCain's concession speech was better than Obama's victory speech.

This I do agree with, and was quite surprised.

However, I was quite thrilled Obama made point of how much McCain has done for the military. I think they were both two great candidates for very different reasons. And I think Obama is needed right now.

TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 04 Nov 2008, 22:08

AeroCmdr wrote:I must say I did vote for McCain. I just couldn't vote for someone so willing to spend that much money campaigning. It's not just that of course but It's the thing that rubs me the wrong way the most. I do wish we weren't stuck with this two party system though.

Wasn't the money specifically raised for aid in campaining?? (Not that i agree with it, but he did put the money wher ehe said he was goign to)

Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 04 Nov 2008, 22:09

Matt wrote:and all I'll say is this: setting him up to fail isn't doing anything to help.

Didn't stop the liberals for tearing Bush apart from day one. But now that the other side gets THEIR way, we're supposed to just "cut the guy some slack."

Sorry. That dog won't hunt.

Matt wrote:For the last eight years, your country has done nothing but damage and hold back progress.

Which is what everyone says untill they need help. Then they come to us with their hat in their hand asking for help from the great Satan. We've done nothing but damage and holdback progress. Yes, because as we all know, Al-Queda being in control of Afghanistan, that was completely ideal, right?

Gee, we haven't had a banner eight years. Imagine that. It's almost like at the start of this administration, we got hit with the single largest terrorist attack in recorded history, then faced a war where the people who were supposed to be our allies mostly left us hanging (but of course came out of the woodwork as soon as it seemed safe enough to earn a fucking profit from it), then faced an epic natural disaster, followed by a major recession.

Matt wrote:From two pointless, posturing wars,

Pointless. Tell you what. How about I hijack a couple of planes, and ram them into some building in Torronto, kill 3,000 Canadian citizens, cause your whole country to fear for the their lives, and then you can come and tell me that declaring war on the people who did it was pointless.

Matt wrote:to a global economic meltdown resulting from a dysfunctional economic policy and a failure to account for the greed of the wealthy,

The current financial mess wasn’t a result of policy. It was a result of greedy assholes running greedy banks and greedy idiots taking stupid loans to live out greedy lives they could not afford.

Matt wrote: to a regressive faith and fear based social control,

What, you mean because of heightened security? The kind you always see during wartime? And FAITH based? Are you fucking kidding me? Do you have ANY idea how much shit I put up with every day for admitting to having faith?

Matt wrote:and an elimination of personal freedoms on a global scale, your country is broken and it needs to be fixed.

We don’t control the freedom of other nations. If an elimination of freedom is happening on a global scale, then I think there’s a bigger problem than us.

Matt wrote:But you aren't going to see a golden age under Obama. you've handed the man a shattered nation, collapsing under it's own weight.

As opposed to Bush, who only had to deal with 9/11 in his first year in office. That was just easy, right? This is what I’m talking about. No matter what Obama does, people are going to support him and back him because thanks to the media and his frighteningly powerful celebrity pals, the liberals have their head shoved so far up the man’s ass that he can do no wrong.

Matt wrote: The man has a giant's battle ahead of him, and the best anyone can hope for is that he starts to set right the things that have gone so horribly wrong. Polls accross the rest of the westernized world showed a 4:1 result in favor of Obama. Why? Because his policy actually approaches something reasonable for a progressive social democracy. It works. Stop being so frightened of it.

-m

I’m of a progressive policy, Matt. My biggest fear RE Obama is that he’s going to make a premature pull-out of Iraq, and the country will be quickly swallowed up by insurgents, and we’ll see the rise of a major nation under terrorist control.
-Wraith
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 04 Nov 2008, 22:09

AeroCmdr wrote:I must say I did vote for McCain. I just couldn't vote for someone so willing to spend that much money campaigning. It's not just that of course but It's the thing that rubs me the wrong way the most. I do wish we weren't stuck with this two party system though.

Well, it's not like he could spend his campaign money on anything else. As far as my understanding goes, you can't do ANYTHING with that money except things directly related to your campaign. People gave him money, whatchagonnado?

Not attacking you about this, that's just my understanding

I think Wraith brought up an EXCELLENT point in the last thread, and thank you for bringing other perspectives to the table. Also Matt, your response to that was perfect. So...yay.

/nothingproductive.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 04 Nov 2008, 22:12

Wraith wrote:Pointless. Tell you what. How about I hijack a couple of planes, and ram them into some building in Torronto, kill 3,000 Canadian citizens, cause your whole country to fear for the their lives, and then you can come and tell me that declaring war on the people who did it was pointless.

Invading Iraq because Al Qeada attacked New York does not compute, Wraith.
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 04 Nov 2008, 22:12

Jester, please reduce the number of As in your precious post. It's breaking my internets.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 04 Nov 2008, 22:13

Wraith wrote:All I'm going to say is this:

-m

I am not angry at you.
Wraith

Postby Wraith » 04 Nov 2008, 22:14

Graham wrote:
Wraith wrote:Pointless. Tell you what. How about I hijack a couple of planes, and ram them into some building in Torronto, kill 3,000 Canadian citizens, cause your whole country to fear for the their lives, and then you can come and tell me that declaring war on the people who did it was pointless.

Perhaps, but invading Afghanistan because Al Qeada was in control of it does.
-Wraith
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 04 Nov 2008, 22:15

Exactly, which is why I support the war in Afghanistan, but not the one in Iraq. Well, there's other reasons too.
Hakaryu

Postby Hakaryu » 04 Nov 2008, 22:15

Wraith wrote:
Graham wrote:

QFT. Afghan isn't even the problem now. we should be in pakistan.
Tonberry's poked the dutch again.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 04 Nov 2008, 22:16

Wraith wrote:
Graham wrote:

I didn't say Afghanistan, and the Taliban does not equal Al Qeada.
AeroCmdr
Requires Additional Pylons

Postby AeroCmdr » 04 Nov 2008, 22:18

JesterJ. wrote:

Well, it's not like he could spend his campaign money on anything else. As far as my understanding goes, you can't do ANYTHING with that money except things directly related to your campaign. People gave him money, whatchagonnado?

Not attacking you about this, that's just my understanding

I think Wraith brought up an EXCELLENT point in the last thread, and thank you for bringing other perspectives to the table. Also Matt, your response to that was perfect. So...yay.

/nothingproductive.
Indeed it would be quite wrong and I do think it is illegal to use the money in other ways but I just don't think he needed to rent out major television networks. I guess he didn't have to accept donations but free money is probably quite hard to turn down.
theduckthief

Postby theduckthief » 04 Nov 2008, 22:18

metcarfre wrote:I must say though, McCain's concession speech was better than Obama's victory speech.

I have to disagree with you there.
In Soviet Russia Desert Bus crashes Bill twice!
Wraith

Postby Wraith » 04 Nov 2008, 22:19

Matt wrote:
Wraith wrote:All I'm going to say is this:

-m

And what did I say above that?

"FROM MY BLOG"[/quote]

In my blog, that WAS all I said on the matter, and it is all that I INTEND to say.
-Wraith
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 04 Nov 2008, 22:19

I totally defend the invasion of Afghanistan.
That said, invading Iraq meant the military's focus was drawn away from Afghanistan.

Return to “General Discussion”