Landlines

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
huddlehouseninja

Postby huddlehouseninja » 06 Nov 2008, 19:17

I had one.. then our phone company became douchebags. I'll probably get one thru our cable company because it's free to call anywhere in the US & Canada and my cell phone is so on it's last legs. Poor little blackberry.
I have a vagina, and it is sans teeth.
jtaylor
ASCII Ninja
First Video: Talk Like a Pirate

Postby jtaylor » 06 Nov 2008, 20:13

I'll take a picture of that phone when I am less busy.

(672)
Last edited by jtaylor on 07 Nov 2008, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
Mouse

Postby Mouse » 06 Nov 2008, 21:31

Sadly I'm a giant loser who can't find a [paying] job. Therefore I still live at home, therefore I can't pay for a cell phone, therefore I don't have a cell phone.

I don't mind, I don't really have friends or anyone who'd call me. Also I think my vitage '60s rotary phone is the shizz.
-Holy kleenex, Batman, it was right under our noses the whole time!
-Satan wears a bucket hat!
-If tin whistles are made of tin, what are fog horns made of?
-Lewis has AIDS
-Meddle ye not with dragons, for ye are crunchy and good with ketchup
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 06 Nov 2008, 22:59

What's a cell phone? We just got those landline things in Australia last year, so obviously we're behind the times :|

... though seriously, EVERYONE has one here. Voip is a really small market, we have cheap-as calling cards for international calls and most people have no idea in general. Voip is supposedly bad for emergency calls since it's untraceable so far... not sure if there's any progress on that elsewhere, but it's a compulsary warning with the voip services here.
"LRR för 4 av 5 toasts"
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 07 Nov 2008, 00:16

spartanhelmet wrote:What's a cell phone? We just got those landline things in Australia last year, so obviously we're behind the times :|

... though seriously, EVERYONE has one here. Voip is a really small market, we have cheap-as calling cards for international calls and most people have no idea in general. Voip is supposedly bad for emergency calls since it's untraceable so far... not sure if there's any progress on that elsewhere, but it's a compulsary warning with the voip services here.

my sister recently got skype to talk to our neighbour who has moved to japan. she uses it ONLY for those calls and spends way too much on cell/landline bills even after i told her she could use it for all of them. i think we're probably too stuck in our habits here.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 07 Nov 2008, 01:26

Skype is awesome for any intercontinental calls. When I was in Chile I used it for all my calls back to Victoria. Even my technology backwards dad uses it to talk to his friend in Papua New Guinea.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 07 Nov 2008, 01:48

I keep reading the title of this thread as "landmines." Please stop confusing me.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 07 Nov 2008, 02:01

My parents still have a landline. When I moved out to my student apartment we still had a landline there too. We decided to drop it last year as no-one was using it and the rates of having it were going up and up.
(We might be able to get VOIP on the network here, but haven't checked into that much)
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 07 Nov 2008, 02:04

Evil Jim wrote:I keep reading the title of this thread as "landmines." Please stop confusing me.

Every house needs landmines!

To keep away the telemarketers and Jehovah's Witnesses! :lol:
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 07 Nov 2008, 09:11

My primary, since I moved out to the Ivory Tower, has been my cellyphone. Provided I ever get time to hook up my equipment, I will also have a company-provided VoIP/Internets too - and the cool thing is, since I'm the network administrator, when it breaks the only person I'm waiting on is me.

Return to “General Discussion”