Where in the World is Jeremy Petter?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Splunge

Where in the World is Jeremy Petter?

Postby Splunge » 13 Nov 2008, 01:25

So I was at work today, and an interesting idea occurred to me.
Jer is dealing with Morgan's Missing Person posters popping up all over the place, but knowing Morgan, there's no telling exactly how far afield he managed to post them. So if someone in the crew would be willing to put the poster somewhere for people to print out, how about we try and have everyone send in photos of themselves finding a Jer poster in their home town.
If you live near any immediately recognisable landmarks, you could try and get them in the shot, just to show how far around the world the LRR community really is. Or, lacking major landmarks, just try to find some interesting, unique corner of your town and take a picture there.
Now, obviously many of us could just photoshop a pic, but I think this would be far more impressive if we could get as much real photography as possible.
So, anyone interested?

Edit: To clarify, I'm not suggesting that the posters actually be left around town. This is more in the nature of a staged shot; You bring the poster, stick it somewhere, photograph yourself finding it (maybe calling the number), and then you remove the poster when you leave.
Last edited by Splunge on 13 Nov 2008, 01:59, edited 1 time in total.
Fun is the feedback the brain gives while successfully absorbing a pattern - Raph Koster
I'm think I might be indirectly responsible for Bagel Time!
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 13 Nov 2008, 01:32

hell, i'd do it.
edit: perth has no landmarks. haw. oh wait, an ugly-ass bell tower. be happy to litter the poles and alleys with them, though. unfortunately the crew couldn't technically be behind it, to avoid any legal issues, but if the image was to be on the site and people just happened to use it, no harm done.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 13 Nov 2008, 01:46

masamune wrote:hell, i'd do it.
edit: perth has no landmarks. haw. oh wait, an ugly-ass bell tower. be happy to litter the poles and alleys with them, though. unfortunately the crew couldn't technically be behind it, to avoid any legal issues, but if the image was to be on the site and people just happened to use it, no harm done.

I don't think the intent of the OP was for us to actually put them up in many places, so much as to do a kind of "Where in the world is Monk?" thing, where people take pictures of themselves with a Monk bobble-head doll from wherever they live.
EG: I would do one of me finding the poster on the Staten Island Ferry, but I wouldn't be posting the fliers around the SI ferry.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 13 Nov 2008, 01:47

Dude... this could be a form of guerilla marketing :D

I'd be all to happy to plaster (when I return in about 5 months) my Uni, or general places in the meantime.

Could doing this bring on the second coming of the LRRd, or some way of getting a Jer bobble head in the LRRstore?
"LRR för 4 av 5 toasts"
Frozengale

Postby Frozengale » 13 Nov 2008, 02:12

Not only does this sound freaking amazingly fun but I would put one up in my room for the fun of it :D

Heck if I ever have the money I would take it down to a print place and blow it up and turn it into a poster, can someone say fun times abound.

It would also be fun to see the insane places we put them up. Please Graham will you let us do it PWEASE *Puppy dog eyes*
If I ever come up with something witty or interesting I'm not going to display it in plain sight for you buffoons to steal away.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 13 Nov 2008, 02:23

I'm in. I nearly objected but as long as the posts are for a photo-op thing & not intended to be left up any longer than that it sounds like a fun idea.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 13 Nov 2008, 02:41

I think it could be a fun idea... but why did you have to wait until I left a landmarky place and returned to nanaimo land?? We have the bastion!!
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
GHOVO
First Video: 1337. I think

Postby GHOVO » 13 Nov 2008, 03:12

Ooooooooh, interested and thinking of decent places to put it already!
Daco
First Video: can't remember

Postby Daco » 13 Nov 2008, 03:14

GHOVO wrote:Ooooooooh, interested and thinking of decent places to put it already!

^this :D
HomeBurger

Postby HomeBurger » 13 Nov 2008, 07:11

If I lived near anything notable I would totally do this.
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 13 Nov 2008, 07:35

I'd be happy to take a picture of a poster attached one of my company's telecom towers. They're generally on mountains or small islands that are only accessible by helicopter.

I have to admit that really, I'd be looking forward to Alja's story of how Morgan got there.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 13 Nov 2008, 08:24

Well it all started when he was posting fliers in a bakery, and they had a radio tuned to an oldies station and then "Rocket Man" came on...

~Alja~
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 13 Nov 2008, 08:44

I'll post the file later today so you can all print out our copy.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 13 Nov 2008, 10:07

Thanks, I've got ideas too. Not sure if this sits well with anyone but the next time I see a 'god botherer' in town I'll hand one to them.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 13 Nov 2008, 10:14

Sits fine with me, Elomin.

As they say, payback's a bitch.

~Alja~
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 13 Nov 2008, 10:19

Nothing that could get you, or us, in trouble though, right?

Normally when we put signs up to shoot (Zombie Reserve, Nudist Colony) we leave them there, cause it's funny.
These... we didn't. You can probably get in trouble for that.

I love the idea of "Where is Jer's missing poster now?" though.
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 13 Nov 2008, 10:53

Count me in. We've got one of North America's largest malls here as well as a legitimate Improv comedy club that could work. If I wasn't a pussy, I'd go downtown for a photo op. Maybe I can con a friend into doing it, instead...
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 13 Nov 2008, 11:27

Graham wrote:Nothing that could get you, or us, in trouble though, right?

I doubt it, if it's a kind of viral (I think that's the right word) advertisement place in the right places it will be fine. I've seen a few but people put up missing cat posters all the time so I should be okay. Also I know how to make a ninja mask out of a tshirt so I'll be okay once that's combined with a room key card.

Also I don't like getting in trouble so I'd be very careful.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 13 Nov 2008, 14:10

I'd say if you're going to put them up and leave them up, for the phone number put in a 555- number so people know that its not a real number... but the best bet is to not leave it up, we don't want LRR to get in trouble
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 13 Nov 2008, 14:15

This is probably something that should be made painfully clear.

This is a fun thing to make pictures. In other words, staged photos.

Put your poster up in a funny place (In someone's hands, attached to a local landmark, attached to a local landperson, whatever), then take a funny picture, then collect the poster and take it with you.

It is not cool to leave fake missing persons posters around unless they're for Mickey Mouse, Dogbert or some other fictional being. You can, and should, get in trouble for that kind of thing.
Joystick Hero

Postby Joystick Hero » 13 Nov 2008, 14:17

korri wrote:I'd say if you're going to put them up and leave them up, for the phone number put in a 555- number so people know that its not a real number...

That being said, if someone did leave one up by accident in a strange enough place, I doubt people will think it's real.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 13 Nov 2008, 14:35

If I get my hands on one of those Missing posters I'd probably edit it, "Last Seen At www.loadingreadyrun.com. Please go there and try to find him."
Citin

Postby Citin » 13 Nov 2008, 14:49

If some of you guys are intent on posting them places, we should probably change the headline from "Missing Person" to something like "Help Find Our Missing Crewman" or "Missing LRRmon" and add in a url for the website

Something to make it more of a joke. Missing Person posters are usually taken very seriously (Just look at all the irrate people Jer's been dealing with)

Hey crazy thought, this could also be used to promote Desert Bus?!?!
"I'll be in Africa. If you need me just phone Africa, I told them to expect your call." - The Pointy Haired Boss
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 13 Nov 2008, 15:04

That's a good idea.
theduckthief

Postby theduckthief » 13 Nov 2008, 16:07

masamune wrote:edit: perth has no landmarks.

You guys have the Pinnacles don't you?
In Soviet Russia Desert Bus crashes Bill twice!

Return to “General Discussion”