DESERT BUS 2008 - BEGINNING NOVEMBER 28.

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
eiopqrtuwy
Smartest SpamBot Ever
First Video: Rejected 'Get a Mac' Ad's

Postby eiopqrtuwy » 06 Dec 2008, 03:34

At some point there had been some talk of "fixing" the donation process and I thought I would give my 2 cents worth.

I think the way things are set up right now the correlation between donating and prolonging your suffering feels rather off balance. So I did some number crunching and think that a $20 start and 4% increase both feels a lot more reasonable while yielding nearly identical results for the price range you've be achieving. Although if you wanted a little cushion for account for expected future growth starting at $25 with 4% also works pretty well.

here's the spreadsheet I made:
http://uweb.ucsb.edu/~gsp/DesertBusModel.pdf

To get a general feel of how the changes would effect process zoom WAY out and just view the color coding.
Color coding is as follows:
0 - 5K: White (Below Expectations)
5K - 20K: Cyan (Low Expectations)
20K - 100K: Green (Reasonable Expectations)
23K & 70K: Blue (DB1 & DB2 Results)
Up to 140K: Yellow (Doubling this years donations)
Up to 210K: Orange (Tripling this years donations)
Up to 1.25 Million: Red (Receiving ALL of ChildsPlay donations, 2007 total)

What do you think? Wouldn't that be better?
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 06 Dec 2008, 12:19

I know it's "for the children", but if I was Child's Play, I'd just keep donating my entire fund to Desert Bus. This way you get it back immediately and keep recycling it just to piss you guys off.
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 06 Dec 2008, 19:41

Emperor Gum wrote:I know it's "for the children", but if I was Child's Play, I'd just keep donating my entire fund to Desert Bus. This way you get it back immediately and keep recycling it just to piss you guys off.

Wouldn't work as the fund would be in Chip In account until Desert Bus finished.
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 08 Dec 2008, 13:47

AFAIK, the ChipIn thing doesn't temporarily store the funds anywhere. It's like making a PayPal donation directly to Child's Play, but having that amount earmarked as coming from Desert Bus. So in theory it would work.

Except that the PayPal fees would eat away at bits of that, so you'd actually be throwing away money to do it.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!

Return to “General Discussion”