Lost Planet and LRR just made me happy!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Frozengale

Lost Planet and LRR just made me happy!

Postby Frozengale » 20 Nov 2008, 01:03

So I just watched the LRR3K Lost Planet

(Found here if you haven't seen it yet: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... ost-Planet

Discuss Here: http://loadingreadyrun.com/forum/viewto ... 661#167661)

And during that intro scene something struck me as odd. The name Gale was used. Now as you can plainly see in my username I have the name Gale in there, this is because I created a fictional character named Gale back in High School (been trying to write a story around him). Now I sort of adopted the name Gale as my pseudoname for my gamertag on almost every game. The problem with this is that everyone kept giving me crap telling me that it is a girls name only (I said that isn't the case because it's spelled Gail for one), but then I viewed this Lost Planet spoof and saw that at least one other person in the world thinks that Gale is a suitable name for a guy. And know it makes me explode with joy.

So thank you Lost Planet, and thank you LRR for bringing to my attention a game that I never had any intention of ever playing.
If I ever come up with something witty or interesting I'm not going to display it in plain sight for you buffoons to steal away.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 20 Nov 2008, 01:09

It's quite good, actually.
A sleeper hit, if you will.
Frozengale

Postby Frozengale » 20 Nov 2008, 01:16

Well I suppose I'll have to check it out once I can afford it then. Whats the worst that can happen aside from wasting about 30 bucks and a few hours of my life.

If I ever come up with something witty or interesting I'm not going to display it in plain sight for you buffoons to steal away.
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 20 Nov 2008, 03:15

Total awesome sauce guys. You should see the feedback in the comments thread on the forums! Nobodies mention the LRR website yet?!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/ ... 569?page=1
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 20 Nov 2008, 07:58

Someone did. He said it was borderline unfair for LRR to enter. Haha.
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 20 Nov 2008, 09:42

Red Charlie wrote:Total awesome sauce guys. You should see the feedback in the comments thread on the forums! Nobodies mention the LRR website yet?!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/ ... 569?page=1

They are now; good work forum members. Subtle.
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 20 Nov 2008, 11:09

There is also a character named Gale in the 2 part Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga game. My favourite character actually.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 20 Nov 2008, 11:35

Someone on the forums for Escapist said that this could be improved with puppets.

If they only knew...
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 20 Nov 2008, 12:03

Rezer wrote:I entered into that contest. I obviously didn't win but I can't be mad when I got beat by such bad asses.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Frozengale

Postby Frozengale » 20 Nov 2008, 12:46

tak197 wrote:Someone on the forums for Escapist said that this could be improved with puppets.

If they only knew...

Lol

Gibb on LRR3K...you wouldn't really be able to tell really unless they showed him because if you haven't noticed Gibb and Graham have slightly similar voices for some reason.

And Thanks for telling me that Kathleen, maybe I'll have to check that game out as well.

Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 20 Nov 2008, 13:43

Frozengale wrote:Gibb on LRR3K...you wouldn't really be able to tell really unless they showed him because if you haven't noticed Gibb and Graham have slightly similar voices for some reason.

And Thanks for telling me that Kathleen, maybe I'll have to check that game out as well.

Gibb does have his own accent. I could tell the difference between him & Graham by sound alone. I like what Graham does for his voice. It's subtle but works well.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 20 Nov 2008, 14:01

An idea for exposure could be emailing University student union asking for exposure with them? It could be done world wide as well if a poster was emailed to them as well.
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 20 Nov 2008, 16:15

Evil Jim wrote:
Frozengale wrote:Gibb on LRR3K...you wouldn't really be able to tell really unless they showed him because if you haven't noticed Gibb and Graham have slightly similar voices for some reason.

Gibb does have his own accent. I could tell the difference between him & Graham by sound alone. I like what Graham does for his voice. It's subtle but works well.

Tis true. Gibb has a slightly higher pitch to his voice and all.

Return to “General Discussion”