Kids Hang Kitten After GTA Playing Spree

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Kids Hang Kitten After GTA Playing Spree

Postby Elomin Sha » 06 Dec 2008, 12:47

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2008/12/05/ ... laying-gta

Usual questions, how did the two boys, six and seven years old, get to play GTA, what GTA allows players to strangle kittens and beat it with rocks and where were the parents?
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 06 Dec 2008, 12:55

Need more infos plx. Kids do lots of dumb things. How do we even know it was GTA?
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 06 Dec 2008, 12:57

There's the link I posted above, but all we have to go on is what is written in the press release.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
GHOVO
First Video: 1337. I think

Postby GHOVO » 06 Dec 2008, 13:02

Which means its all lies
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 06 Dec 2008, 13:14

The parents let 6-7 year olds play GTA? Wow...
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 06 Dec 2008, 13:42

As always, these articles don't give enough information and get things wrong.

1. Which GTA game were they playing?
2. I don't think ANY GTA game lets you rape people. I'm not entirely certain for GTAIV, but I don't believe so (nor do I think you should; that might go too far, in my own opinion)

And more people understand less and less about real video games and violence and what causes it.

As Charlie Brown once said, "I just can't stand it."
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 06 Dec 2008, 13:55

Ummm...yeah, I don't think I've ever stoned, hanged, or raped anyone in a GTA game as far as I can remember (not that I've ever finished one). This is ridiculous, especially since those kids should not have been allowed within 12 feet of a GTA game (12 feet so they couldn't reach it with a 10 foot pole). Not to mention, where were the parents, and who uses wired controllers anymore?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Cureless_Poison
First Video: Fun with microwaves.

Postby Cureless_Poison » 06 Dec 2008, 14:10

Can't we just say the kids are completely fucked up, or the parents are god damn idiots.

NO! We have to blame games for our retarded spawn. People blaming things on unrelated causes piss me off, and the media are all assholes.Image
Last edited by Cureless_Poison on 06 Dec 2008, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.
Timelady
First Video: Deeply Religious

Postby Timelady » 06 Dec 2008, 14:14

Jesus, that kitten looks so much like my mom's cats it's scary. :( There's something wrong when someone can get away with messed up shit like that and have it all blamed on a video game. I hope they get psychological help.

From the look of it, this gamepolitics place latched onto a throwaway sentence from a sensationalist magazine - note that the headline below this story on the front page reads "Virgin Mary, Jesus sightings in valley" - and blew it out of proportion. Does anyone know anything about either of these sites?
AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Bacon is not a chronological entity.
allison

Postby allison » 06 Dec 2008, 15:56

i know some 6 and 7 year old personally, i coach little synchronized swimmers, and all they ones i've taught are old enough to understand that if something dies, it doesn't come back, AND that hurting another living creature is WRONG, wtf is wrong with these kids?! when i was in grade 1 i went around saving ants and worms from being stepped on!
AndyTheSkanker

Postby AndyTheSkanker » 06 Dec 2008, 17:07

Typical media bullshit tbh. Talking about a game they have limited knowledge of. It's just convenient to blame the motherfucking game instead of actually expecting the parents to, iunno, take responsibility for their kids? Is it too much to ask for them to keep a damn eye out? Motherfucking morons -_-.
Kick her in the taco, paco
Non Sequiteur Champagne!
zico

Postby zico » 06 Dec 2008, 18:06

I totally agree with one fact: The PARENTS should be in charge to look after their children. It's a shame that producing a child is so easy while it seems so hard to raise it properly.
Same as I experience here in Germany: Videogames become an easy target for blind parents, the media and politics.

The real victim is that poor cat... I shed some tears now actually. :( :cry:
TehXmasGhost

Postby TehXmasGhost » 06 Dec 2008, 18:20

How many incorrect things have been stated about GTA? Let's see... Rape, stoning, hanging, burying in cement, being chopped up and frozen, being chopped up and shoved in a box, being chopped up and set onto a railroad, Being set onto a railroad, 9/11 of all things, plots to destroy major government places, anything conspiracy-related.

Seriously, I'm tired of this fucking shit.

BLAME SOMETHING ON SAINT'S ROW!
Ahhh, i can't think of anything. I hate to sound like a douchebag, but I'm almost completely lost in Geometry now >_>
AndyTheSkanker

Postby AndyTheSkanker » 06 Dec 2008, 18:27

You know, that's something they've found as a common trait in some serial killers. Killing animals from a young age. To blame that kinda psychological impact on a game is ridiculous. I was playing doom since about the time I was starting school, so yeah, screw the idea that games develop screwed up people. Genetic makeup, environment, influences, it goes beyond just a videogame.
Kick her in the taco, paco

Non Sequiteur Champagne!

Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 06 Dec 2008, 18:27

Usually I just make cars fly around in GTA. . . . I hope my parents would be proud of that much.
Last edited by Evil Jim on 06 Dec 2008, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 06 Dec 2008, 21:46

you'd think they'd be shooting pigeons if anything. no kitties in GTA.
also, those kids are fucked.
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 06 Dec 2008, 22:01

masamune wrote:also, those kids are fucked.

+1111111111!
arallyn

Postby arallyn » 06 Dec 2008, 22:13

What's wrong with shooting pigeons? They're tasty. My parents didn't even let a video game console in our house until I was 12, and I had to buy it myself.

That didn't make me a less messed up kid...I'd chase our neighbor with a pitchfork (a real one that can skewer you) and rip apart barbies and nail them to boards. My parents did everything they could to teach me what was right and wrong, punished me when they caught what I did, and I still bullied little kids. Never hurt an animal, though. Just hated humans.

Basically what I'm saying is that there is NO WAY a 6 or 7 year old should be playing GTA, and I'll bet that their parents are deadbeats that use the console as a babysitter, but in a minority of cases the kid is legitimately screwed up in the head and unless they're professionally treated, they'll be screwed up no matter what their parents do.

arallyn

Postby arallyn » 06 Dec 2008, 22:14

Also, was kidding about shooting pigeons. They do taste good, and are health hazards in big cities, but I'm sure that you shouldn't be shooting them when you're 6.

JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 06 Dec 2008, 23:33

Fuck the media! A bunch of dumb stupidheads, not a single smart one in them! Yeah!

That's really fucked up though. Wow.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
teh_sam

Postby teh_sam » 06 Dec 2008, 23:36

Maybe they were just helping the cat.

I know my friends cat committed suicide by hanging itself (true story), maybe all cats are inherently depressed.

I am Sam, Sam I am. I do not like green eggs and ham......

Will graduate college the year of the Mayan Apocalypse...yay for me.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 06 Dec 2008, 23:43

teh_sam wrote:Maybe they were just helping the cat.

I know my friends cat committed suicide by hanging itself (true story), maybe all cats are inherently depressed.

I think your friend is a liar.
I also think you should never talk to him again, and run for your life.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
eiopqrtuwy
Smartest SpamBot Ever
First Video: Rejected 'Get a Mac' Ad's

Postby eiopqrtuwy » 07 Dec 2008, 00:04

The boys had apparently used a wire from the video game controller they were playing, Grand Theft Auto, to hoist up the kitten.

I find it interesting that they didn't use a PS2 controller - it was a "GTA controller". /facepalm
Just goes to show how much the media actually knows about video games. Not that they would care to know anyways, honesty and good reporting is so much less sensational.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 07 Dec 2008, 00:17

What part of GTA do you stone and hang a kitten?
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 07 Dec 2008, 00:30

Yay! Kittens!

...wait, what.

WAIT, WHAT!?!??!

WAIT, WHAT!?!??!?!?!??!

Those kids are quite fucked and frankly evil. Just like the two ten year olds who made the 4 year old lie down on train tracks and cover itself in rocks so the train conductor couldn't see the kid until he'd run over it. Those two kids got away scott free apparently, saying that they'd 'learnt their lesson.'

Lesson: Evil is allowed as long as it's from 11 or under. :)

There no link there because my girlfriend told me about it, apparently it was on the news. Upon Googleing a lot, I can't seem to find it. If I can find a link to it though, (Maybe she knows one, or can help me specify the search) I'll post it.

Personally, I say if you're going to be evil - do a better job of being discrete about it, or at least learn to cover your tracks.

Still, kittens...:(

To the fact that the media article named GTA: People will read it if it's negative against something. Games are a very negative friendly media at the moment, people will continue to hate games until they become so realistic that people have no choice either to accept them or form a religion that calls them blasphemous.

Honestly, I think the latter is more likely.
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.

Return to “General Discussion”