Snow!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
JohnyMcmuffin
THERE'S Waldo!
First Video: The Stages

Postby JohnyMcmuffin » 14 Dec 2008, 12:31

kkief02 wrote: Lucky! I'm waiting for the snow to get down to Eugene.

It's strange living on the coast where it doesn't snow. I guess growing up in northern Idaho, and then spending a year in Utah creates certain expectations for winter that simply are not met here
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 14 Dec 2008, 12:33

JohnyMcmuffin wrote:
kkief02 wrote: Lucky! I'm waiting for the snow to get down to Eugene.

It's strange living on the coast where it doesn't snow. I guess growing up in northern Idaho, and then spending a year in Utah creates certain expectations for winter that simply are not met here
Yeah, it would be awesome if it snowed more here but all we get is pretty much rain, hail, and really, really cold temps.
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 14 Dec 2008, 12:42

There's a house on fire about a block from me.
Talked to a fireman, apparently the people inside decided to start a fire in their fireplace because of the cold. It got out of hand. Everybody's fine, but... not cool.
theduckthief

Postby theduckthief » 14 Dec 2008, 13:00

The Hitman wrote:In Victoria everything shuts down if it snows or if it looks like it's going to snow or if someone remembers a time when it snowed.

Still, it's gorgeous outside! The perfect hot chocolate day.

Yeah, nobody has snow tires but it was really pretty out this morning and rare to see as it rarely snows here. One good thing though, it's usually always good for making snowballs.
In Soviet Russia Desert Bus crashes Bill twice!
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 14 Dec 2008, 13:38

We had two bouts of snow a couple weeks ago.

It snowed on Tuesday and was fine.
By Wednesday the snow had compacted and was like ice, but most had melted by the time that was an issue for me.

On Thursday we had a total freaking blizzard, shut down most of the city and trapped me in college superfluously for an hour and a half.
On Friday, think Wednesday but actually a BIG issue for me since it meant my 15 minute walk route from home to college and back was completely covered in ice.

After that it's melted and we've mostly just had cold winds and rain. Some patches of ice are still hanging around, but nothing to really inconvenience you.
mosespippy
Location: Enemy Base, 33 Health. No wait! Own base, 100 health

Postby mosespippy » 14 Dec 2008, 14:36

Here in St. John's it was 18 Celcius (65 Fahrenhiet) yesterday. So far this winter we have had about a total of 2 inches of snow. We did get 4 inches of rain one day though. We are slowly stealing the west coasts winter! A few years ago We had 0 snow in December and in January the temperature went up to 24. My winter jacket from last year has no zipper anymore, and I have not had a reason to buy a new one yet.
allison

Postby allison » 14 Dec 2008, 14:58

stupid snow!!
i'd been looking forward to the party last night FOR THREE WEEKS, and i had to leave at 10 30 because of the snow!!! TEN FRIGGEN THIRTY!
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 14 Dec 2008, 15:24

allison wrote:stupid snow!!
i'd been looking forward to the party last night FOR THREE WEEKS, and i had to leave at 10 30 because of the snow!!! TEN FRIGGEN THIRTY!

Q.Q moar plx.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 14 Dec 2008, 15:43

Well, somebody in the Netherlands predicted that we'll have one of the coldest winters in a long time this year. Something to do with sunspots and solar activity or something. There was even talk of a 11 city skating tour again. (The world famous Elfstedentocht, in Fryslân)
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 14 Dec 2008, 16:33

You know I've come to the determination that I am depressed at this time of the year due to the lack of Snow no other reason. Just the lack of snow, it sucks balls.
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 14 Dec 2008, 16:47

Red Charlie wrote:You know I've come to the determination that I am depressed at this time of the year due to the lack of Snow no other reason. Just the lack of snow, it sucks balls.
Wow, what the heck kind of snow do you get? :shock:
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Cureless_Poison
First Video: Fun with microwaves.

Postby Cureless_Poison » 14 Dec 2008, 16:51

A light layer of frosting before the clouds cleared here. Not quite a white Xmas, but good enough to get some people killed.
Shandi
First Video: The Secret Life of Toast

Victoria Snow

Postby Shandi » 14 Dec 2008, 16:55

Yeah, it almost looks like home outside. Except that back home nothing slows down in this weather, this is a good day.
Beautiful, isn't it?

Thank you sky for the white giftses!
This is why I'm LOL!
-Shandi
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 14 Dec 2008, 17:03

Lyinginbedmon wrote:
Red Charlie wrote:You know I've come to the determination that I am depressed at this time of the year due to the lack of Snow no other reason. Just the lack of snow, it sucks balls.
Wow, what the heck kind of snow do you get? :shock:

The invisible type that never appears. Hence my depression over the lack of snow in our part of the world.
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

400vip

Postby 400vip » 14 Dec 2008, 17:05

Nevrmore wrote:We had 4 inches in Louisiana. I don't know what the fuck happened with that cosmic miscalculation.

At any rate, snow's gone now.

How has it snowed in Louisiana, but not in Massachusetts. Grrr. All we've had is a terrible freezing rain that felled trees right behind my house, left many of my friends without power, but still it has not snowed yet. Grr.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 14 Dec 2008, 17:06

What the eff is the crap!?!?!?!
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 14 Dec 2008, 17:07

Sable wrote:It snowed 20 inches earlier this week here in Juneau. It was enough even to overcome the Go-Go-Gadget adjustable-ride-height all-wheel-drive Audi that I drive.

Once the plows came by I still had to go to work.

Pansies.

!!!!

I went to brush snow off my beep beep, and I looked down and the snow was up to my knees! It got fucking COLD here this weekend. Driving home it was - 27C last night. Or - 17 F i believe. About same temp today.. though they say - 40 with the windchill. Oh, and my tire went KABLOO-Y again. You drive with 3 tires in - 40, Sable!!! Pansie! :wink: <3

I 4X4'd the shit out of the road today. Oh yes. THE SHIT.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 14 Dec 2008, 17:09

Cake wrote:Image
What the eff is the crap!?!?!?!

Yipes! I hope that's Fahrenheit.

I hate Florida. It doesn't feel like Christmas. It's like... light jacket weather.

I want to buy a snow cone machine and stick my head inside it.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 14 Dec 2008, 17:16

Ohhh yay I love using my desktop weather watch! I have mine in C and F.

F = Image

C = Image

And that's without the bloody windchill!! Eep!!!

Zed Alpha

Postby Zed Alpha » 14 Dec 2008, 17:27

Snow is a myth.
Frozengale wrote:You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 14 Dec 2008, 17:33

A very cold.. sparkly.. icy myth.

AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 14 Dec 2008, 17:42

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:A very cold.. sparkly.. icy myth.

In thousands of years, when we all live in domes on the moons of Jupiter, people will talk of weather storms as ancient, angry gods, a mythos filled with strange instruments like barometers and thermometers and gods with names like Hurricane and Nor'easter and Twister and Snowflake.

And people will laugh and eat their Dippin' Dots and sit on their Ikea furniture and say how silly that must have been, and how we all must have been crazy weather-worshiping heathens.

And meteorologists will be responsible for watching reruns of The Weather Channel, studying the grainy VHS tapes unearthed long ago for clues about the past. And Al Roker will be some ancient historical figure, and dramatic action films will be made about him.
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 14 Dec 2008, 17:52

I live in Phoenix. It's been light jacket weather here some evenings.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 14 Dec 2008, 17:53

AlexanderDitto wrote:
TheRocketSiobhan wrote:A very cold.. sparkly.. icy myth.

In thousands of years, when we all live in domes on the moons of Jupiter, people will talk of weather storms as ancient, angry gods, a mythos filled with strange instruments like barometers and thermometers and gods with names like Hurricane and Nor'easter and Twister and Snowflake.

And people will laugh and eat their Dippin' Dots and sit on their Ikea furniture and say how silly that must have been, and how we all must have been crazy weather-worshiping heathens.

And meteorologists will be responsible for watching reruns of The Weather Channel, studying the grainy VHS tapes unearthed long ago for clues about the past. And Al Roker will be some ancient historical figure, and dramatic action films will be made about him.

Ahahaha... Win. Also, I've never had dippin dots. I always thought they were kinda jincy. More space between ice creamy goodness = less. I never liked the idea of paying more money for less ice cream!!!

masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 14 Dec 2008, 17:58

it was 38°C here yesterday. can't wait for the 40+ days. send some cold this way plx.

Return to “General Discussion”