Windows 7 Beta

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
James
LRR Crew

Windows 7 Beta

Postby James » 09 Jan 2009, 12:02

Who is downloading this today?
What are your expectations?
What are you hoping for in Windows 7?
Do you want to have my babies?
DicyDax

Postby DicyDax » 09 Jan 2009, 12:03

Image[/url]
HURR DURR!
Jangles

Postby Jangles » 09 Jan 2009, 12:05

I am letting my desktop at home download this, I'm at school right now

My expectations are for this to be a fully 64 bit capable OS

I'm hoping for the ability to integrate my other home systems into this with easier remote desktop capabilities

Only if you buy me some drinks first
The hardest part of being me? The mustache.
Cheeseonfire

Re: Windows 7 Beta

Postby Cheeseonfire » 09 Jan 2009, 12:06

Yes sir.
Ehn.
Ehn.
Sure.
I'm still trying to figure out why someone didn't tell me how awesome Muse is.
Beta-guy

Postby Beta-guy » 09 Jan 2009, 12:09

I want to download Windows 7, see if it's worth the hassle, but I'll very likely stay with Linux on my laptop...

I just hope it's Windows XP X64 with a few extra features. XP X64 is the best OS Microsoft has come out with, the stability of a Server OS and the usability of a Desktop OS.
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 09 Jan 2009, 13:10

Missed the download window.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 09 Jan 2009, 13:11

I call shenanigans on it only being available as an upgrade to vista SP 1.

BOO.

-m

I am not angry at you.
wilson_x1999
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wilson_x1999 » 09 Jan 2009, 13:15

I'll get it once I get home, and I'll check it tomorrow.

I've read some reviews and they all seem to agree that it's better than Vista, but that's not saying much :S
tamaness

Postby tamaness » 09 Jan 2009, 13:18

The review that sticks out in my mind said, "If you hate Vista, you'll hate Windows 7."
Daco
First Video: can't remember

Postby Daco » 09 Jan 2009, 13:24

madAlric wrote:The review that sticks out in my mind said, "If you hate Vista, you'll hate Windows 7."

^this

also if i had a system worth for Vista i would try windows 7 (even tho i hate vista with its ugly gui and system usage)
they said windows 7 was going to be what vista should've been (faster&better) so why not give it a try eh =)

but afai concerned it can still go to hell as long as i dont have a 64bit system :P

and yes james i would want to have your babby
DOOR STUCK DOOR IS STUCK
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 09 Jan 2009, 13:26

Daco wrote:and yes james i would want to have your babby

Babby? How is babby formed?
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
tamaness

Postby tamaness » 09 Jan 2009, 13:29

the amativeness wrote:
Daco wrote:and yes james i would want to have your babby

Babby? How is babby formed?

..how get girl pragnet?
PeterW

Postby PeterW » 09 Jan 2009, 13:50

*sigh*

I would love to get it, but it seems that the Internets have pwned Microsoft.

Due to very heavy traffic we're seeing as a result of interest in the Windows 7 Beta, we are adding some additional infrastructure support to the Microsoft.com properties before we post the public beta. We want to ensure customers have the best possible experience when downloading the beta, and I'll be posting here again soon once the beta goes live. Stay tuned! We are excited that you are excited!

Oh, joy. We broke Microsoft.

I really don't need the download link, alls I wants is the registration code...
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 09 Jan 2009, 18:14

Wait... Windows 7 beta? I don't understand.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 09 Jan 2009, 18:22

With the massive failure of XP, Microsoft is hard at work making the next version of windows to replace Vista as soon as possible. This is the first public beta to that version.

Dunno why they're calling it Windows 7 though, it's at least the, what, 13th now?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
soapgoat
First Video: three ps3's

Postby soapgoat » 09 Jan 2009, 19:06

why does everyone have such a prob with vista i never had one prob with it at all and i had it on a 900mhz intel pentium III machine, and that out i got the windows 7 beta and its more of the same, i like it more than i like mac it has much more usability and compatability with hardware i like to use, not some overpriced white block, but i dont like it as much as i like debian linux

Matt wrote:I call shenanigans on it only being available as an upgrade to vista SP 1.

BOO.

-m

you can make a clean install on a fresh partition without vista sp1, but IF you want to upgrade and keep all your data you need vista sp1

Master Gunner wrote:Dunno why they're calling it Windows 7 though, it's at least the, what, 13th now?

its the 7th gen core

there was windows 1-3 all named for their number then 95-98 and NT 4 were all windows 4, then came windows 5 or 2000/XP, then windows 6 or Vista, now windows 7
Beta-guy

Postby Beta-guy » 09 Jan 2009, 19:52

soapgoat wrote:why does everyone have such a prob with vista i never had one prob with it at all and i had it on a 900mhz intel pentium III machine, and that out i got the windows 7 beta and its more of the same, i like it more than i like mac it has much more usability and compatability with hardware i like to use, not some overpriced white block, but i dont like it as much as i like debian linux

Matt wrote:I call shenanigans on it only being available as an upgrade to vista SP 1.

BOO.

-m

you can make a clean install on a fresh partition without vista sp1, but IF you want to upgrade and keep all your data you need vista sp1

Master Gunner wrote:Dunno why they're calling it Windows 7 though, it's at least the, what, 13th now?

its the 7th gen core

there was windows 1-3 all named for their number then 95-98 and NT 4 were all windows 4, then came windows 5 or 2000/XP, then windows 6 or Vista, now windows 7

Windows 1, Windows 2.0, Windows 2.1 (Windows 286 and Windows 386), Windows 3.0, Windows 3.1 (you could added in Windows 3.11 for workgroups if you really want too), Windows NT 3.5, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Vista all came before Windows 7 :D notice how Vista was number 13? talk about bad luck lol

oh for those that want to download Windows 7... http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MzcxNzgsLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdCwsLDE=
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 09 Jan 2009, 20:48

Ah. Thanks, Beta-Guy, I seem to be having a terrible time with web pages today. Couldn't find anything on the Windows 7 Open Beta on the page that all the news sites said it would be found on, and can't find the new MTV poll to vote for Kamina. I'd given up on getting my hands on a copy.

*downloads*
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 09 Jan 2009, 22:52

way too big for my download limit, so i looked at what's "new" and it's basically all gimmicky shit anyway. drag a window to the top border and it maximizes? that's MORE work. still damn ugly, too.
anyone find any awesome bugs yet?
Hakaryu

Postby Hakaryu » 09 Jan 2009, 23:02

I like my ubuntu just fine thanks.
Tonberry's poked the dutch again.
tamaness

Postby tamaness » 09 Jan 2009, 23:07

I run Ubuntu when I'm not in Windows. I update it regularly.

I'm still going to image my HDD and install Windows 7.

I've also got a couple of betas I need to start running through the scripts on for Symantec.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 09 Jan 2009, 23:11

masamune wrote:way too big for my download limit, so i looked at what's "new" and it's basically all gimmicky shit anyway. drag a window to the top border and it maximizes? that's MORE work. still damn ugly, too.

The boot time's been drastically reduced.

Besides, what was the social experiment Microsoft did, where they had a bunch of Vista haters sit down and try a "new" Windows version that was basically Vista with all the logos changed, and the Vista haters loved it?
Beta-guy

Postby Beta-guy » 09 Jan 2009, 23:20

masamune wrote:way too big for my download limit, so i looked at what's "new" and it's basically all gimmicky shit anyway. drag a window to the top border and it maximizes? that's MORE work. still damn ugly, too.

where have you been, it's been for the most part gimmicky features since Windows 2000. I wish Microsoft had released Windows 2000 X64, it'd be faster and more efficient then XP X64.
Beta-guy

Postby Beta-guy » 09 Jan 2009, 23:25

Yukikaze wrote:

The boot time's been drastically reduced.

Besides, what was the social experiment Microsoft did, where they had a bunch of Vista haters sit down and try a "new" Windows version that was basically Vista with all the logos changed, and the Vista haters loved it?

Windows 'Mojave' I personally think it was a terrible idea...
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 09 Jan 2009, 23:38

Beta-guy wrote:

where have you been, it's been for the most part gimmicky features since Windows 2000. I wish Microsoft had released Windows 2000 X64, it'd be faster and more efficient then XP X64.

oh, i know, but considering it's so soon after the release of vista, you think they'd give you some real incentive to make the change. even on the official website the "new" features are extremely few and far between and most are just different ways of doing the same things you could do since win98. like matt said earlier, it's just an upgrade with a different name to try and stop the "vista sucks" stigma.
... not that i expect any more from microsoft.

Return to “General Discussion”