So one the Youtube Channels I subbed to have gone...

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Red Charlie

So one the Youtube Channels I subbed to have gone...

Postby Red Charlie » 18 Jan 2009, 19:37

weird.

I regularly watch this channel: http://uk.youtube.com/user/Hughsnews

This guy is from Australia and he makes rather funny videos, his site claims to be a comedian according to his youtube status and what not.

Anyway in the last few hours/day hes posted a video on his page relating to a friend of his called Angela or Kat as her screen name on Youtube. He claims that she was beaten - now the impression I got was ongoing beating.

She then posted a sequence of videos around the same time on Youtube...

Part One, Part Two, Part Three.

I assume she discusses things about her relationship and the incident and talks about this guy called Blunty3000 or Nate.
Now I've never heard of Blunty3000 before until this day due to this thing that has happened.

However he has made a video responce to this whole thing as well.

Now the issue I have is that I've only watched Hugh's video and I'm somewhat disgusted that this is something thats been laid bare on Youtube, I have NO idea if there was a court case or police involved. Hugh mentions nothing and on principal I don't want to watch this because I feel this is people's private lives and they are just airing something that should've been aired to each other long ago and sorted out.

Do you think this stuff should happen on youtube? Should people force a "trial" online?

I'm really considering just unsubbing from his videos cos this has just made me so... annoyed for some reason. What would you do if you had a favourite Youtube channel and it dropped this bombshell on you - unsub?

PS: As a sidenote I had a quick look over Hugh's responces and comments in his video and some of the replies has disgusted me, things like "Its good you have informed us of this Hugh now we know to protect ourselves from him."

For what? Theres NO evidence at all... gees.
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 18 Jan 2009, 21:09

This is kinda like those ex-blogs where people air out their dirty laundry across the Internet. It's uncalled for. I'm sure he thinks he's doing right, but this is likely to cause more harm than good. It might be slander (even if it turns out to be true, it might still be considered so).
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 18 Jan 2009, 21:18

I am quite heavily involved in this drama, and i personally think that she cant fake her fear. she might not be telling the whole truth, but he has done something to her that has been extremely traumatic to her... in other words. blunty3000 should die. :)
CaPpY wrote:dark_realm really is a jerk....
Zombaholic
First Video: Bioshocked

Postby Zombaholic » 18 Jan 2009, 21:49

I am really surprised. Blunty or, Nate, is a really down to earth guy it seems. I remember sending him a few messages and him really seeming to be chipper. I really do this turns out the best for all, it's just so odd to see this man go this way. I liked him an awful lot
Ask me anything about Reboot!
Don't ask me anything about reboot
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 18 Jan 2009, 22:52

Whatever it is, it sounds like a great publicity stunt.

/cynicism
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 18 Jan 2009, 23:09

Tim wrote:Whatever it is, it sounds like a great publicity stunt.

/cynicism

100% agree
cyber drama is stupid
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 19 Jan 2009, 00:14

It's true we don't have any real evidence, all we have is a pair of stories told by two different people in two very different locations from two extremely different viewpoints. Our best evidence is where those two stories collide (The room & belongings, the laptop, the court case being dropped, etc.)

I can see that this was a very emotional and extremely low point in their lives, so I applaud them for having the courage to post this up on one of the most public websites on the entire Internet.

So seeing it as "real", I'm not certain it's emotionally helpful for them, but Katz' position is making her videos to warn other people not to stay quiet. Blunty's position is making sure everyone know's the full story, rather then just hating him for one side of it.

I think they've achieved their goals and I hope this doesn't bear further videos and discussion.
Nomadic
First Video: Serious Cravings

Postby Nomadic » 19 Jan 2009, 07:09

Successfully lurking since 1709.
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 19 Jan 2009, 18:42

I can't spare the bandwidth to watch a 35 minute video (Blunty300's), let alone several peoples retellings of the videos. So, I won't be hearing any of it unless vicariously through someone else. Really though, the whole thing being that public on youtube freaks me right the hell out, things like this should be private dammit - not allowed for the general public to give an opinion on. Hrmph.
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 19 Jan 2009, 18:50

This is why we have courts.
For reals yo.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 20 Jan 2009, 14:54

what Tim and Nomadic said. I'm skeptical.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 20 Jan 2009, 15:14

lol @ internet drama.

Seriously. Nothing posted on the internet should be treated with complete seriousness. If there are real grievances here, they need to be taken to the police/court and not aired online.

I'm calling stupid internet drama tiems now. Even if there's a real problem, by posting it on the internet, they have made it stupid internet drama.
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 20 Jan 2009, 15:56

Well I unsubbed anyway and sent an explanation to the guy who owns the channel.

Also the video has been switched to private. I have no idea why but maybe they all saw sense afterall.
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

Return to “General Discussion”