Dating and Religion

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 11 Feb 2009, 18:35

Yukikaze wrote:
Matt wrote:
Yukikaze wrote:Between this and the last person he snapped at here...

Please see my signature.

-m

Well of course you're not mad at me. You don't have to be mad at someone to be allergic to conversational topics, though.

Symptoms also include the patient breaking out in severe subject-change.

Yuki, you're being overly aggressive. That's the best way to make someone actually angry at you.

Please don't say something that would force anyone's hand. Let's just stick with the discussion of dating/marriage.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 11 Feb 2009, 18:35

the amativeness wrote:
So... 'bout them Yankees...

You know who I could never date? A Mets fan, ewwww....

(Sorry, sorry, it was just begging to be said...I'll go flog myself now)
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 11 Feb 2009, 19:05

Yukikaze wrote:
Matt wrote:
Yukikaze wrote:Between this and the last person he snapped at here...

Please see my signature.

Well of course you're not mad at me. You don't have to be mad at someone to be allergic to conversational topics, though.

He's not "allergic" to conversation topics, he (and I) just want to make sure the thread doesn't turn into a debate for or against Christianity. You're the one who's getting aggravated, just chill.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 11 Feb 2009, 19:09

Never said anyone was gettin' mad about anything.

Much like Matt, I often sound a lot angrier than I actually am. I'm usually too incoherent to actually type anything when I really do get mad.

Also, the previous time, it was the guy who brought up Christianity that Matt quoted and said "Get back on topic or I'll lock it," when I would argue it was the person he'd responded to who was dragging religion into it full-force. I didn't say anything at the time, because nearly a page had been filled by the time I saw it.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 11 Feb 2009, 19:15

Yukikaze wrote:Never said anyone was gettin' mad about anything.

And I didn't say you did, but you did say that Matt was "snapping" at people who mentioned Christianity, which was not the case. Hence, I say you are getting aggravated. You're also getting overly defensive now. I'm not going to post here again unless I'm contributing to the thread, please do the same.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 11 Feb 2009, 19:20

I would have told you all to get back on topic if someone had said "allah is the one true god" too. It just happens that 99% of the religious population of this forum is christian in one denomination or another. Please discuss religion as it contributes to interpersonal relationships, and not the pros and cons of one or the other, or what my temperment is.

thank you.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Frozengale

Postby Frozengale » 11 Feb 2009, 19:38

Yukikaze wrote: As I understand it, Mormonism includes marriage in one of the rewardable behaviors, along with popping out as many kids as humanly possible to populate your personal Heaven.

If you aren't sure and it's only as you (someone who isn't even part of the religion) understand it then please don't go making assumptions about it. And for the love of everything can we stop with the kids assumptions. NO Making babies isn't required or "rewarded" unless you want to have a kid and love the thing.

And Matt and Graham I know I'm off track with that comment and I'll stop it here, Yuki if you want to continue with this the message me.
If I ever come up with something witty or interesting I'm not going to display it in plain sight for you buffoons to steal away.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 11 Feb 2009, 21:14

Are there even any mormons on this forum? Or jews? Or anyone who isn't an atheist/agnostic/christian?
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 11 Feb 2009, 21:17

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:Are there even any mormons on this forum? Or jews? Or anyone who isn't an atheist/agnostic/christian?

I bet there's a few pastafarians. I myself have strong discordian leanings.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 11 Feb 2009, 21:22

*snicker*

Tim
proudfoot

Postby Tim » 11 Feb 2009, 21:25

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:Are there even any mormons on this forum? Or jews? Or anyone who isn't an atheist/agnostic/christian?

I believe Frozengale is Mormon, which explains her response to Yuki's comments about Mormonism.

I think at this point the topic has pretty much run its course... A lot of really interesting and informative perspectives have been shared, and I appreciate everyone who's contributed.

I'm also really happy with the overall approach to the subject, in terms of keeping it civil and mature. I'd like to thank everyone for that.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 11 Feb 2009, 21:37

This topic is: TimApproved!

Sarita

Postby Sarita » 11 Feb 2009, 21:39

"This topic has been approved by the Canadian Tim Topic Approval Association."
We are the cute and the cuddly forces of darkness.......PLOTBUNNIES!!!
Tim
proudfoot

Postby Tim » 11 Feb 2009, 21:41

Sarita wrote:"This topic has been approved by the Canadian Tim Topic Approval Association."

I like the way you think.

Someone should make me a jpg of that to post in threads I like. Lol.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 11 Feb 2009, 21:46

Matt wrote:I would have told you all to get back on topic if someone had said "allah is the one true god" too.

But Allah is the one true god! He is reincarnated into Jer's cat! Didn't you read the sign in the video? ArMEGAddon is coming soon!

Matt wrote:or what my temperment is.

The only reason we do, I think, is because your signature says you aren't angry, but we don't get the concept that you don't get angry at us, just dissapointed or annoyed with the crap we pull. So we try to figure out what posts you do post ARE genuinely angry and which ones aren't.

To put it in short, we do it because you confuse the fuck out of us.

MOVING ON...

I am a Christian, and I haven't dated since 2001. Not because of some Purity Pledge gone awry though. I haven't dated because I'm personally not ready to date. I don't have the time, money, passion, or desire to put into a romantic relationship. Am I mature? Aside from laughing at horrible jokes, such as the ones in the "Personal Acceptability" thread, I would say I am getting there.

You see, this is why dating and relationships suck harder than a real doll with an Oreck-made skull. There is too much pressure on our age groups to find someone early or we will die alone. My uncle got married three years ago, and he's in his 50s. This is his FIRST MARRIAGE.

Okay, I'll stop ranting now.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 11 Feb 2009, 22:03

tak197 wrote:
Matt wrote:I would have told you all to get back on topic if someone had said "allah is the one true god" too.

But Allah is the one true god! He is reincarnated into Jer's cat! Didn't you read the sign in the video? ArMEGAddon is coming soon!

Dog, actually. Perhaps it was you that did not read the sign.

-m

I am not angry at you.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 11 Feb 2009, 22:08

Matt wrote:
tak197 wrote:

Dog, actually. Perhaps it was you that did not read the sign.

-m

Fuck.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 11 Feb 2009, 22:34

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:Are there even any mormons on this forum?

I'm Mormon.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 12 Feb 2009, 00:04

I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes. I saw the sign!
Life is demanding without understanding.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Frozengale

Postby Frozengale » 12 Feb 2009, 00:18

Tim wrote:Frozengale.... her

Ouch that's the second time someone on the forum has gotten my gender wrong :P

And yeah I'm Mormon

If I ever come up with something witty or interesting I'm not going to display it in plain sight for you buffoons to steal away.
Cureless_Poison
First Video: Fun with microwaves.

Postby Cureless_Poison » 12 Feb 2009, 00:56

My best friend is a Christian, I used to get on his case about it and his parents used to try and get me to join but after a few years we just stopped. He does his thing and I do mine, pretty simple thing unless your the kind of person that gets really anal about people having their own preferences.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 12 Feb 2009, 00:58

Frozengale wrote:

Okay, good. Because when I read that I thought "huh, I was sure Frozengale was a dude. Oh well, Tim must know what he's talking about."

But no!
Frozengale

Postby Frozengale » 12 Feb 2009, 01:13

Graham wrote:
Frozengale wrote:

Okay, good. Because when I read that I thought "huh, I was sure Frozengale was a dude. Oh well, Tim must know what he's talking about."

But no!

Man on the "Post a Pic of Yourself" thread everyone must of thought I was one butt ugly girl 0_o Glad at least some people got it right :)

FlintPaper577

Postby FlintPaper577 » 12 Feb 2009, 01:24

Cureless_Poison wrote:My best friend is a Christian, I used to get on his case about it and his parents used to try and get me to join but after a few years we just stopped. He does his thing and I do mine, pretty simple thing unless your the kind of person that gets really anal about people having their own preferences.

Well I shouldn't have though religion would get in the way of friendships so much. Personally most of my friends are non-Christians, some militantly so, but it's rarely a big deal.
Corvis29

Postby Corvis29 » 12 Feb 2009, 01:36

My Cousin thought for sure I was going to burst into flames when I walked into the church for his wedding. He also tells me im going to hell all the time because im an Atheist.. I just find it amusing because im still his favorite relative.. and probably one of the few people he knows he can actually trust with anything lol

Return to “General Discussion”