Favorite Video Game Weapon

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 28 Feb 2009, 12:27

The Redeemer. So many fond memories of sniping people with it from across the map and looking the other way.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 28 Feb 2009, 13:24

Nevrmore wrote:
Yukikaze wrote:
Evil Jim wrote:
Matt wrote:I will immediately delete any post that says gunblade from final fantasy 8.

-m

So what is so horrible about this make-believe weapon that will get their post deleted?

Like Vash and Cloud at an anime convention, it's been overdone, and is uncool by overpopularity.

That may be the reason for you, but for me it's always been because it's an incredibly awesome idea.
fix'd.
ps;
[ASSCLOWN][ASSCLOWN][ASSCLOWN][ASSCLOWN][ASSCLOWN][ASSCLOWN]
i dont know what's happening anymore
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 28 Feb 2009, 13:33

I'd have Lavos as a weapon if possible.

My weapons of choice are:
Lightstaff from Jedi Academy (Only weapon where no one else could touch me with it)
Cerebal Bore from Turok on the N64
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 28 Feb 2009, 13:54

Lavos wrote:fix'd.
ps;

I suppose if you think that destroying the functionality of both weapons and also snapping your wrist when you tried to wield it is awesome, then yeah it's pretty cool.

P.S.
[OUR OPINIONS ARE DIFFERENT BUT I RESPECT YOUR][OUR OPINIONS ARE DIFFERENT BUT I RESPECT YOURS][OUR OPINIONS ARE DIFFERENT BUT I RESPECT YOURS][OUR OPINIONS ARE DIFFERENT BUT I RESPECT YOURS][OUR OPINIONS ARE DIFFERENT BUT I RESPECT YOURS][OUR OPINIONS ARE DIFFERENT BUT I RESPECT YOURS]
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 28 Feb 2009, 14:00

It wouldn't really be fair to say "the entire power suit from the Metroid games", so I'll just say the Screw Attack.
That's assuming you have the space jump as well.
Lavos
Lavos

Postby Lavos » 28 Feb 2009, 14:11

i dont know what's happening anymore
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 28 Feb 2009, 14:20

An interesting point, but I think your avatar/signature combination of Azumanga Daioh or Lucky Star or Haruhi Suzuzusudusu or whatever invalidates it.
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 28 Feb 2009, 14:28

Nevrmore wrote:I suppose if you think that destroying the functionality of both weapons and also snapping your wrist when you tried to wield it is awesome, then yeah it's pretty cool.

"Functionality"? What part of a game where you fight giant catuses by summoning chickens, dragons and trains did you find realistic?
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 28 Feb 2009, 14:29

The basic physical laws of the universe still apply unless specifically stated otherwise, even if you fight giant cactoi and summon chickens to do your bidding.
Emperor Gum

Postby Emperor Gum » 28 Feb 2009, 14:32

Nevrmore wrote:The basic physical laws of the universe still apply unless specifically stated otherwise, even if you fight giant cactoi and summon chickens to do your bidding.

'Final Fantasy'
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 28 Feb 2009, 14:35

Ah, it's fantasy, right. So that's the reason that they're all still firmly planted to the ground and that thrown objects move in a parabolic arc, not because of gravity and other physical constants.

Repeat after me:

The basic physical laws of the universe still apply unless specifically stated otherwise, even if "Fantasy" is in the title of the series.
Emperor Gum

Postby Emperor Gum » 28 Feb 2009, 14:44

Nevrmore wrote:Ah, it's fantasy, right. So that's the reason that they're all still firmly planted to the ground and that thrown objects move in a parabolic arc, not because of gravity and other physical constants.

Repeat after me:

The basic physical laws of the universe still apply unless specifically stated otherwise, even if "Fantasy" is in the title of the series.

No. IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE THIS OFF TOPIC DEBATE, PLEASE PM ME.

[edited for clarity]
Last edited by Emperor Gum on 28 Feb 2009, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 28 Feb 2009, 14:51

Emperor Gum wrote:No. If you want to continue this off topic debate, please pm me.

I'll say it once more.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 28 Feb 2009, 15:32

Repeating it doesn't make it true. Also, the blatant violation of physical laws is about as specifically stating it as you can get.

Or, you know, you can just combine the Bellisarios Maxim, MST3K Mantra, and the Rule of Cool, and enjoy whatever's going on.

Honestly, I don't even know what you people are arguing over, but is it really that important to you?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 28 Feb 2009, 15:53

Master Gunner wrote:Repeating it doesn't make it true. Also, the blatant violation of physical laws is about as specifically stating it as you can get.

Blatant violation of some physical laws. Things like summoning fire is a specific statement against needing to start a chemical reaction to make flames. It isn't a specific statement against the inability to accurately hold and wield a weapon with a curved hilt and a top-heavy design.

Or, you know, you can just combine the Bellisarios Maxim, MST3K Mantra, and the Rule of Cool, and enjoy whatever's going on.

Maybe I would, but I hated Final Fantasy 8.

Honestly, I don't even know what you people are arguing over, but is it really that important to you?

Pointing out people's faults of logic is a pretty important pasttime for me, yeah.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 28 Feb 2009, 16:01

Nevrmore wrote:
Master Gunner wrote:Repeating it doesn't make it true. Also, the blatant violation of physical laws is about as specifically stating it as you can get.

Blatant violation of some physical laws. Things like summoning fire is a specific statement against needing to start a chemical reaction to make flames. It isn't a specific statement against the inability to accurately hold and wield a weapon with a curved hilt and a top-heavy design.

You are indeed correct there. It is, in fact, the ability to accurately hold and wield a weapon with a curved hilt and a top-heavy design that is a specific statement against the inability to accurately hold and wield a weapon with a curved hilt and a top-heavy design.

Also, experience tells me that the best way to deal with something you hate is to either ignore it or reduce it to it's constituent atoms. Since I doubt you have the ability to do the latter, I would suggest the former.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 28 Feb 2009, 16:03

Nevrmore wrote:

Are you seriously fucking complaining about fantasy not following the laws of the phyiscal world? REALLY?

Of all the trivial things to bring up and pick a fight about...
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 28 Feb 2009, 16:06

Master Gunner wrote:You are indeed correct there. It is, in fact, the ability to accurately hold and wield a weapon with a curved hilt and a top-heavy design that is a specific statement against the inability to accurately hold and wield a weapon with a curved hilt and a top-heavy design.

No, it's a specific statement about how the weapon designer for Final Fantasy 8 was an idiot.

Also, experience tells me that the best way to deal with something you hate is to either ignore it or reduce it to it's constituent atoms. Since I doubt you have the ability to do the latter, I would suggest the former.

You must be a boring person, then.
JesterJ. wrote:Are you seriously fucking complaining about fantasy not following the laws of the phyiscal world? REALLY?

Of all the trivial things to bring up and pick a fight about...

No, I'm complaining about which Final Fantasy character is the cooliest and who would win in a fight between Kuja and Sephiroth.

Keep up with the thread, man. Jesus.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 28 Feb 2009, 16:09

I played FF8 to Ifrit's cave and found it to be an experience akin to suffering through a cold and a headache at the same time. Other sections of the game I've seen induce the same feeling.

I never really had a chance to make an opinion on the [ASSCLOWN] itself. I couldn't play the game for more than a few minutes without having to break out the Aspirin.
AwesomeAndrew

Postby AwesomeAndrew » 28 Feb 2009, 16:39

The Katana from Dead Rising. I'll probably have to rethink this though when Mad World comes out because that chainsaw thing he has looks amazing.

On a side note: Wouldn't this go in the Games and Gaming forum?
This signature is mediocre.
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 28 Feb 2009, 17:37

Nevrmore wrote:and who would win in a fight between Kuja and Sephiroth.

Kuja DID destroy a planet, Sephiroth failed... so I'm guessing Kuja would.
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 28 Feb 2009, 17:55

All Final Fantasy arguments are mute when the physics engines don't accurately mimic life.

You can't throw a real world argument game into something that obviously doesn't have the same standard of physics.

YES. We realise Squall would have the wrists of a 90 year old by the third battle, but the fact is that it's a game, so he doesn't.

I apologise for bringing this damned weapon up, seriously guys, what the hell? There was no need to bring up a discussion ABOUT FF8 itself (Nor its broken physics), nor have insults (LAVOS) flung around.

However, I now see why people don't like the [ASSCLOWN]. I still do however, so let's let that one drop.

Fight between Kuja and Seph? Depends if Sephiroth could get close enough after fighting Kujas army of dragons.

By the way, why pick on FF8's [ASSCLOWN] specifically? FF is riddled with swords that are horribly impractical. Sephiroths sword, Clouds Buster sword, Tidus' water sword....
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 28 Feb 2009, 18:20

Tempers are flaring all over the LRR forums tonight, it seems.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 28 Feb 2009, 18:23

Unlucky wrote:All Final Fantasy arguments are mute when the physics engines don't accurately mimic life.

You can't throw a real world argument game into something that obviously doesn't have the same standard of physics.

But that's exactly what I'm saying. You have to assume that they do unless they say otherwise. If we didn't then everyone in the Final Fantasy universe would disintegrate into quarks and die.

YES. We realise Squall would have the wrists of a 90 year old by the third battle, but the fact is that it's a game, so he doesn't.

"It's a game" does not excuse stupidity.

I apologise for bringing this damned weapon up, seriously guys, what the hell? There was no need to bring up a discussion ABOUT FF8 itself (Nor its broken physics), nor have insults (LAVOS) flung around.

Meh, I saw it coming.

However, I now see why people don't like the [ASSCLOWN]. I still do however, so let's let that one drop.

Meh again

Fight between Kuja and Seph? Depends if Sephiroth could get close enough after fighting Kujas army of dragons.

I actually don't know anything about Kuja aside from his name.

By the way, why pick on FF8's [ASSCLOWN] specifically? FF is riddled with swords that are horribly impractical. Sephiroths sword, Clouds Buster sword, Tidus' water sword....

Because the [ASSCLOWN] is, far and away, the stupidest.

Aside from maybe Cloud's sword in Advent Children that held other swords.
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 28 Feb 2009, 19:01

Nevrmore wrote:But that's exactly what I'm saying. You have to assume that they do unless they say otherwise. If we didn't then everyone in the Final Fantasy universe would disintegrate into quarks and die.

True enough I supposed. Personally I just assume that every game I play has broken physics or is riddled with inconsistencies to explain the inconsistencies throughout it, but looking at it from your point of view it makes perfectly logical sense.

Nevrmore wrote:"It's a game" does not excuse stupidity.

True enough.

Nevrmore wrote:Meh, I saw it coming.

Not much we can do about it aye? :P

Nevrmore wrote:I actually don't know anything about Kuja aside from his name.

Kuja - bad guy for FF9. :P

Nevrmore wrote:Because the [ASSCLOWN] is, far and away, the stupidest.

Aside from maybe Cloud's sword in Advent Children that held other swords.

Finally, someone else thinks that sword design was just stupid. :P That thing would have weighed an insane amount, even by buster sword standards.

Still, I see your point. It's a very, very stupid design in practical terms. For aesthetic reasons, you've got to admit it at least looks all most cool.
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.

Return to “General Discussion”