A movie-watching experiment

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 21 Mar 2009, 00:45

metcarfre wrote:
Nevrmore wrote:I want to go on record as saying that the ending to Slumdog Millionaire was absolute shit.

I hope you don't mean the dance scene because I will end you.

It needed some fixing, but after a slight reworking of the sound quality, this version is actually worth watching.

~Alja~
antonia

Postby antonia » 21 Mar 2009, 01:52

I agree with Dolphin on Gurren Lagann. I went into it rather skeptical of all the hype it was getting, but I ended up getting sucked into it and pretty much after each episode my adrenaline was rushing because I was so caught up in the story.

I've been too busy to catch all the movies I want to, so I haven't see many recently that I found all that spectacular or moving, but here are a couple that I've seen in the past 6 months:

Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence
It's a bit old (1983), but I recently got to watch it on the big screen.

The Good, The Bad, and the Weird (Joheunnom nabbeunnom isanghannom)
It's an action movie, but it does the job really well. The music gave me goosebumps, the action was well choreographed and the characters were so well done that I couldn't help but root for all the main characters even if they were on opposing sides. After seeing it at VIFF, I kept telling so many people to go see it.
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 21 Mar 2009, 02:11

Oldboy is probably one of the best movies I have ever seen. Man imprisioned for 15 years in a private jail then release and never told why he is in there, so goes out to find the truth. Amazing flick

and if you have a stomach for violence I would suggest Cannibal Holocaust. It is literally the hardest to watch movie I have ever seen this side of Faces of Death (which I could never bring myself to watch) It can be tough to watch at times but I think has an amazing flow to the movie.

But if your a peta member don't bother, 4 animals are killed on screen, tho after all were eaten by the cast and crew because they were shooting deep in the jungle. But watching a turtle prepared from living to eating is a little... unsettling.

and with that amazing selling no one will ever watch it, so as my new second choice I would go with Let the Right One In. A young boy meets a mysterious young girl, who turns out to be a vampire. Amazing film
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 21 Mar 2009, 10:30

Alja-Markir wrote:It needed some fixing, but after a slight reworking of the sound quality, this version is actually worth watching.

I am at a loss for words.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 21 Mar 2009, 16:08

metcarfre wrote:
Nevrmore wrote:I want to go on record as saying that the ending to Slumdog Millionaire was absolute shit.

I hope you don't mean the dance scene because I will end you.

I didn't stay to watch that all the way through. I mean everything from Jamal claiming not to know the answer to the last question till the fade to black.

Return to “General Discussion”