Canadians this is going to piss you off.

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Zed Alpha

Postby Zed Alpha » 23 Mar 2009, 17:26

GODS FUCKING DAMMIT!

Can we as a country do or say anything that is notFUCKING NEOCONS! EAT MYincredibly stupid, hypernationalist or racBRAINSHIT, YOU FASCIST PIGDOG!ist?
Frozengale wrote:You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
ChiUnit4evr
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby ChiUnit4evr » 23 Mar 2009, 17:33

Brad wrote:
I appreciate your point of view Metcarfre, and perhaps they did make that a conscious decision, but I think they overshot America's lowest common denominator by a wide margin, or they themselves are their own target audience.

I believe a cocker spaniel peeing on a car on TV was once called "America's Funniest Home Videos" and now is called Youtube.
Brad, I think you give America's LCD too much credit...unless I'm reading your post incorrectly. Much of America's conservative party takes the things that Fox News says as gospel...and I wish I were exaggerating...
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 23 Mar 2009, 17:57

Maybe they do ChiUnit, I just mean that the mean for Americans is considerably higher than the LCD. But while I would say that a lot of Conservative Americans believe in all kinds of things that I disagree with, they don't believe in them out of some malicious desire to get my ire up. They actually believe that their beliefs and actions (which on the large part I find backward and not as thought out as they could be) are for a common good.

The Red-Eye program, and many of the folks at fox news on the other hand glory and pride in their own offensive stupidity. I quite like the metaphor where they are a dog that in it's ignorance enjoys rolling around in its own filth. When it shakes, America gets shit sprayed on them, but it wasn't Americans who did the shitting, nor the rolling nor shaking. I don't think the rest of America, by and large, has anything common with them.
All hail the great deku tree!
Twitter
Flickr
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 23 Mar 2009, 19:01

Cureless_Poison wrote:And that is the reason why I hate America(ns).

A statement as ignorant as that is no different than what the anti-Canada guy was saying.
I can't think of a signature.
Niko88

Postby Niko88 » 23 Mar 2009, 19:04

I have to say that just seeing this makes me sad to be american. These are the same ass holes who wonder why other countries think so poorly of us and it makes me sick. I like how they don't touch on how much Canada has supported the US through our recent troubles or how the Canadian Armed Forces have been involved in more UN Peacekeeping missions than any other nation including the US.

On behave of America, I apologize to Canada. We have been real dinks to you for no good reason. We have made you the but of many of our jokes and seem to think you know nothing but cutting down trees and beavers. While I am sure that you have a vast know-how of Tree Cutting and Beaver Pelts, I also accept that you are a beautiful nation full of whoop-ass and can-do-ity.

Niko M from across Superior in Wis.

PS: Anything that comes from Fox News is bull.
Why do I love the blinking street lights so much?
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 23 Mar 2009, 19:35

Zed Alpha wrote:GODS FUCKING DAMMIT!

Can we as a country do or say anything that is notFUCKING NEOCONS! EAT MYincredibly stupid, hypernationalist or racBRAINSHIT, YOU FASCIST PIGDOG!ist?

I have NO idea what you just said. Aside from that, Red Eye appears to be a bit of a head scratcher with comedians that clearly lost their way. Pretty much "(insert stupidity here) AM I RIGHT?" and then awaiting applauds from crowd but never receiving any.
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
Iron_Girl

Postby Iron_Girl » 23 Mar 2009, 19:41

I cannot express fully how much I hate that man and his band of assholish men[ and woman]. I know he was "attempting" to be funny but it sounded more like "lets insult Canada because we are so much better than them".
I also do not accept the apology he was, clearly, forced to do. Fox did it just to make peace.
Niko88

Postby Niko88 » 23 Mar 2009, 19:50

1:22 into the video is a clear patriot-wank.

I just have to say this to any americans who really believe the the USA is the greatest county in the world: I used to work at a veterans memorial favored by tourist and veterans alike. Once I overhead a conversation between two former POWs when one said something that really brought me down to earth. He said, clear and proud, "Anyone who thinks the US is the greatest country is an idiot. And the obviously have never been to any other country besides there own."

Don't be a patriot-wank.
Kdz
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby Kdz » 23 Mar 2009, 19:54

AmazingPjotrMan wrote:
Zed Alpha wrote:GODS FUCKING DAMMIT!

I have NO idea what you just said. Aside from that, Red Eye appears to be a bit of a head scratcher with comedians that clearly lost their way. Pretty much "(insert stupidity here) AM I RIGHT?" and then awaiting applauds from crowd but never receiving any.

It's two sentences put together. To translate:

Can we as a country do or say anything that is not incredibly stupid, hypernationalist or racist?

NEOCONS! EAT MY BRAINSHIT, YOU FASCIST PIGDOG!
Brad

Postby Brad » 23 Mar 2009, 20:27

Niko88 wrote: While I am sure that you have a vast know-how of Tree Cutting and Beaver Pelts, I also accept that you are a beautiful nation full of whoop-ass and can-do-ity.

Yes. Canadians are very familiar with beaver.

Twitter

Flickr

Kdz
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby Kdz » 23 Mar 2009, 20:46

Brad wrote:
Niko88 wrote: While I am sure that you have a vast know-how of Tree Cutting and Beaver Pelts, I also accept that you are a beautiful nation full of whoop-ass and can-do-ity.

Yes. Canadians are very familiar with beaver.

Ho HO! Nice.
Badum Tish!

Hopefully not the tree-cutting so much :oops:

Now deforestation, on the other hand, something I fully support. :lol:
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 24 Mar 2009, 00:13

On Sunday, a post attributed to Gutfeld appeared on Twitter, which offered an apology of sorts.

"My apologies to the Canadian military, they probably could at least beat the Belgians," the posting read.

But Fox News told CBC News on Monday that Gutfeld does not have a Twitter account and did not write the post.

Some how I find it hard to believe that it's not actually him.

Also some of the responses i've heard from people like the minister of defense have been righteously kick ass.

EDIT* if they had wanted to make fun of someones name I believe this fine gentleman would have been much better suited. I salute your bravery Dick Bong!
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 24 Mar 2009, 01:28

at no point during my watching of that video did I ever think it was a joke, unless they were parodying fox news itself.

This was just about as funny as the joke "what do a jewish person and a specific type of itallian cuisine have in common"

its just a horrible thing to say. I mean Kelsey Grammar is a republican, why not get him on the show. He needs then money by this point.
Fuzzyfreaker
First Video: CSI: CSI

Postby Fuzzyfreaker » 24 Mar 2009, 01:39

I believe that people should have the right to make fun of anything, even if they're ignorant douchebags. I mean, sure, FOX News is one of the most biased programs out there, but these guys are just trying to do some sort of humor, albeit in the most piss poor way imaginable.

If people are offended, comment on it and move on, but it's wrong to take this off the air or say that it should have never been shown, because that means somebody is controlling what I want to watch, and that's wrong.

So yes. They're asshats. They're unfunny, untalented, ignorant idiots that can't fathom anything beyond their wonderous borders of their fictional version of the United States. But they as much right to be on TV as anybody else does.
Mats

Postby Mats » 24 Mar 2009, 13:19

I could make a longer post about this, but it's getting late so for now I'm just gonna quote Lewis Black.

"You know what a fake-newscast on FOX should contain? REAL news!"
Hakaryu

Postby Hakaryu » 24 Mar 2009, 15:56

http://www.tomgreen.com/?video=1363

Tom Green fucking raged about it.
Tonberry's poked the dutch again.
FlintPaper577

Postby FlintPaper577 » 25 Mar 2009, 02:42

First off, I'm not anti-american. In fact I love America. I know that's hardly a popular stance, but after they gave me cinema, about half of the music I love, some great tv, video games, the internet and a not insignificant amount of beautiful literature, I can't really say that I hate America.

But Fox News almost never ceases to make me cringe/vomit. Now I'm happy to see a little ribbing across nations. I laugh at the Canada jokes on the simpsons, and cherish my right to make fun of Frenchmen and Kiwis. But that clip is just obscene. As is everything else they've ever done. Perhaps 'Huckabee' is almost an exception, as he always seems too jolly honourable for that channel (I quite admire Mike Huckabee - he's true to his beliefs, and not afraid to go against the party line. I wouldn't have voted for him as president, mind).

I am noticing that Fox has got a lot more desperate since the Obama victory. Am I wrong there? Clutching at straws you might say. Summed up by their hilarious election night coverage, which largely involved repeating the 'good news' that the Democrats probably wouldn't get a super-majority.

Let's bear in mind though that Fox is controlled by Rupert Murdoch, an Australian, that the 'Sun' in Britain, or the 'Herald Sun' in Australia are barely any better than Fox, and that (as has been previously stated) Fox by no means represents the opinions of the majority of Americans.

Incidentally, has anyone seen the documentary OutFoxed? Worth a look if you're interested in this stuff.

Sorry about the long post!
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 25 Mar 2009, 03:08

So you are mad that people made fun of Canada, and not that the Canadian army is taking a break (assuming that's true)?
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 25 Mar 2009, 07:21

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here, to some extent.

I don't get it. Why is this even a topic of discussion? This stuff happens all the time on Fox News and it's never been considered a reliable source of news by anyone intelligent. All Greg Gutfeld did is give a voice to those that are ignorant, but he's well within his rights to do that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and they're also entitled to have it expressed in any way they see fit.

The definition of "slander" is so stringent in the US that our First Amendment rights to Freedom of Speech is very broad.

Yes, they made some stereotypical comments about the Mounties riding horses, but even most of their audience doesn't believe that's true. Even though it's almost always in poor taste, stereotypes are used all the time as the basis for comedy. People laugh because it's funny.

Really, who didn't laugh at the Arrogant Worms song, "Wouldn't it be Great if Everyone had a gun?" The entire song is based on the stereotype that all Americans are gun-toting, Walmart-dependent yokels. Should I take offense at that?

Stepping out of the Devil's Advocate role, as Evelyn Beatrice Hall famously wrote, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." It was ignorant, stupid and insulting, but he has every right to say it.
Brad

Postby Brad » 25 Mar 2009, 08:17

Cake wrote:So you are mad that people made fun of Canada, and not that the Canadian army is taking a break (assuming that's true)?

Canada isn't a military nation to the same degree as the US (by a long margin). We don't have the infrastructure in place for it. Until our current Prime Minister (who looked to Bush for how to run the country), our military was known as an international peace keeping force.

So yeah, being on the front lines of a war (by the by, Canadian troops have been operating in the areas the Americans consider too dangerous) drained our infrastructure. We were only there to support America to begin with, and its war has dragged on without clear goals or targets. America wants to pull out too, it is just more complex for it due to the scale of its operation there. Now, if it were a necessary war that we had any stake in, I imagine our generals would feel differently and the government would increase our taxes to maintain, but it isn't, and we need to regenerate our peacekeeping infrastructure if Canada is going to be ready to provide the expertise that has helped end conflicts like this and reestablish government in the past.

Twitter

Flickr

Niko88

Postby Niko88 » 25 Mar 2009, 09:00

Brad wrote:
Cake wrote:So you are mad that people made fun of Canada, and not that the Canadian army is taking a break (assuming that's true)?

Canada isn't a military nation to the same degree as the US (by a long margin). We don't have the infrastructure in place for it. Until our current Prime Minister (who looked to Bush for how to run the country), our military was known as an international peace keeping force.

So yeah, being on the front lines of a war (by the by, Canadian troops have been operating in the areas the Americans consider too dangerous) drained our infrastructure. We were only there to support America to begin with, and its war has dragged on without clear goals or targets. America wants to pull out too, it is just more complex for it due to the scale of its operation there. Now, if it were a necessary war that we had any stake in, I imagine our generals would feel differently and the government would increase our taxes to maintain, but it isn't, and we need to regenerate our peacekeeping infrastructure if Canada is going to be ready to provide the expertise that has helped end conflicts like this and reestablish government in the past.

And, in all fairness, Canada was in Afghanistan just to help us out. Like you said Brad, Canada is really only there in support of the US. I say the USA should be grateful for all the help that has been given by the Canadian troops and not mocking them because their army has fewer resources than ours. If you are going to make fun of Canada do it in a light-hearted way, like how you make fun of your friends. I fully expect Canada to make fun of the US for the shenanigans we get into.
Evisr

Postby Evisr » 25 Mar 2009, 09:00

I posted this in another thread (the other fox news thread) and said my opinion already about it. i should of made a new thread for this.
Jangles

Postby Jangles » 25 Mar 2009, 09:59

I'm a patriotic Canadian, but not an extremist nationalist, I take pride in my country, but bashing another country is not the way to do this, and if Faux news were a reputable news station, I might be a little concerned, but keep in mind this is the same station that give Bill O'Reilly his own program, enough said.
The hardest part of being me? The mustache.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 25 Mar 2009, 12:26

In addition to what other people have said, you also have to take into consideration what they mean when they say "break". I don't really know what they're plans are, but I'm pretty sure they're going to maintain the normal naval and air patrols around the country (possibly at a decreased level, depending on what needs to be overhauled and when), as well as their other normal duties withing the country. I'm pretty sure that what this "break" means is that for the year, Canada will be unable to make any new commitments to overseas operations, peacekeeping or otherwise. I highly doubt that our national security will be in any way compromised.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 25 Mar 2009, 14:16

Alex Steacy wrote:They.
Should.
Make.
Them.
ENLIST.

I would fully forgive their misdeeds if they were willing to get their asses shot at for a tour. Truthfully.

Yeah, this would do it. Have them pay the piper, come back, and you know what? I'd actually listen to what they have to say (I took a look at this vid back in that other thread that this tangented into, and gave up around the time "c'mon, let's invade"). I probably still won't find them funny, but I'll give them their earned due.

In all honesty, this didn't do anything to my level of offense; it was like some random passerby stuttering out "Dude...you're like...gay." It just made me pity them.

Also:

On Sunday, a post attributed to Gutfeld appeared on Twitter, which offered an apology of sorts.

"My apologies to the Canadian military, they probably could at least beat the Belgians," the posting read.

But Fox News told CBC News on Monday that Gutfeld does not have a Twitter account and did not write the post.

Some how I find it hard to believe that it's not actually him.

Why? I have no difficulty in believing the twit-post wasn't from Gutfeld; it's funny. :D

Return to “General Discussion”