Sedative Dentistry

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Cureless_Poison
First Video: Fun with microwaves.

Sedative Dentistry

Postby Cureless_Poison » 25 Mar 2009, 07:42

Today at 3pm I get to be put under and have a bunch of cavities fixed and the wisdom teeth on the right side of my jaw taken out. Then for a couple weeks I won't be able to eat a bunch of different foods for a bit while the stitches heal then I do it all over again April 1st. I'm not allowed to eat or drink 8 hours before the appointment and I barley slept, so I get to be tired, hungry, thirsty, slightly pissed off and on drugs.

It'll be interesting to see how "Out if it" I feel after I'm back up, and hopefully I don't succumb to any of the side effects to which I had to sign a 3 page file saying they are not responsible for me experiencing.
Link

Postby Link » 25 Mar 2009, 07:58

I just had my wisdom teeth out a little over a month ago, and it was my first time being under any sort of sedative. I just remember having the IV in my arm for a bit, then nothing, then waking up feeling extremely tired and absolutely wasted. I remember being told to put my hands on a nurse's shoulders while she helped to walk me to a bed and lay down, then I passed out for a while again. Then I got to lay there and slowly wake up with my eyes wide open and my brain functioning, but my motor skills were shot for a good 30 minutes.

Overall, it was interesting, and kind of fun. Not nearly as frightening as I was expecting it to be.
Kate!

Postby Kate! » 25 Mar 2009, 07:58

I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out in November, and when I woke up, I heard my nurse talking to my dad about medication and how much blood I would be swallowing. And the first thing I said upon awakening was, 'You can swallow a pint of blood before you get sick.' And if you get that reference you will know that I am awesome.

I was also super giggley leaving the office, and once I got home, decided it was a great idea to go to bed.
Beta-guy

Postby Beta-guy » 25 Mar 2009, 08:35

I had sedation dentistry for my wisdom teeth being pulled. I was so heavily out of it, I honestly was unable to walk unassisted, thought it didn't feel like that, my mouth hurt for at least 2 weeks afterwords but I'm not having the problems I went in there for so that's a plus... but I swear a piece of a tooth is still there but my gums grew over it... I'm just glad I wasn't conscious for the procedure. in general it was good, and I hope it works out for you.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 25 Mar 2009, 08:38

yeah... i probably shouldn't tell you this, but when I woke up after having my wisdom teeth out, it felt like my mouth was stuffed full of cotton and I thought I couldn't breathe, so I started hyperventillating. You just need to kinda prepare yourself for waking up without any feeling in your mouth
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 25 Mar 2009, 08:47

Due to an error by a dentist when I was young it mucked my teeth up. So when I was seventeen I had four teeth pulled out (Not wisdom - near the canines). I had my mouth numbed the entire time, trying to talk was funny. With my wisdom teeth one of them has turned ninty degrees so it faces the entrance of my mouth.

I know that reference Kate but I can't remember where from.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Beta-guy

Postby Beta-guy » 25 Mar 2009, 08:58

Elomin Sha wrote:Due to an error by a dentist when I was young it mucked my teeth up. So when I was seventeen I had four teeth pulled out (Not wisdom - near the canines). I had my mouth numbed the entire time, trying to talk was funny. With my wisdom teeth one of them has turned ninty degrees so it faces the entrance of my mouth.

I know that reference Kate but I can't remember where from.

fight club
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 25 Mar 2009, 09:02

When I was a kid I didn't know that you weren't supposed to feel anything when the dentist froze your face. I just thought the drugs were supposed to dull the pain somewhat (I had been reading too much about 18th century British warships). So when he yanked out my canines, oh, I felt it. That hurt like a bitch. I let out a whelp, and he asked me if I had felt anything. I replied in the affirmative as best I could, and he proceded to dope me up about ten times more than before, following which he yanked out the other one.

Also, Kate? Avatar + reference = awesome.
samus

Postby samus » 25 Mar 2009, 09:42

i got my wisdom teeth taken out a year ago last week, actually. i remember waking up, and when i got up to go to the car the nurse was all:
"don't! you need help! you'll fall!"

and i was all kinds of messed up. (due to a sleep disorder i take a "wake-agent" medicine called provigil and i took that right before the surgery.) so i just sauntered right out with no problems and the nurses all stared at me like wtf. but the minute i sat down i was out.
Jangles

Postby Jangles » 25 Mar 2009, 10:10

I had all four of mine taken out 3 years ago, my wisdom teeth were so large they each had to be cut into 4 pieces then removed, I was under general anesthesia, and when I woke up, my dentist said I had a strong reaction to it because I couldn't walk out of the dentists office on my own, I actually had to be taken out in a wheelchair because I had trouble standing let alone walking, I looked like a chipmunk for about 2 weeks. But when my little brother got his taken out, he didn't have any problems with the anesthesia, and his recovery time was a lot faster than mine, and his face didn't swell up, so it really all depends on the person. But there's the two different ways it can go, all in all it's not to bad.
The hardest part of being me? The mustache.
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 25 Mar 2009, 10:16

I recovered from having my wisdom teeth taken out in just a day. I was able to eat solid food the next day, and the swelling went down in three.
I can't think of a signature.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 25 Mar 2009, 11:25

Only my lower wisdom teeth have been taken out so far. Both times under just a local anesthetic (Which seems to be the norm this side of the pond) The first time I was eating solids the next day, no swelling what so ever. The second one took a little more jerking to get it out, but I could eat solids about 2 days later.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 25 Mar 2009, 11:54

I had a tooth out under anaesthetic.

Truly it was the only possible way they could do anything significant, because I absolutely despise needles.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 25 Mar 2009, 12:09

Kate! wrote:I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out in November, and when I woke up, I heard my nurse talking to my dad about medication and how much blood I would be swallowing. And the first thing I said upon awakening was, 'You can swallow a pint of blood before you get sick.' And if you get that reference you will know that I am awesome.

I was also super giggley leaving the office, and once I got home, decided it was a great idea to go to bed.

You don't talk about that reference.
All hail the great deku tree!
Twitter
Flickr
Zivlok

Postby Zivlok » 25 Mar 2009, 12:12

Funny. I'm going to the dentist at 3 today as well! We can be Pain Buddies!
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 25 Mar 2009, 12:17

Brad wrote:
Kate! wrote:I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out in November, and when I woke up, I heard my nurse talking to my dad about medication and how much blood I would be swallowing. And the first thing I said upon awakening was, 'You can swallow a pint of blood before you get sick.' And if you get that reference you will know that I am awesome.

You don't talk about that reference.

His name is Robert Paulson.
Cureless_Poison

Postby Cureless_Poison » 25 Mar 2009, 12:54

I was off time bye a bit, the appointment was a 11:00 not 3:30 PM.

now I'm taking it easy as I wait for the sedative to ware off.

It's like being really drunk, I'm completely relaxed as I ejoyed being out of it and waking up every 20 minutes to see what the doctors were doing,

Now I'm just killing time until I feel like sleeping or waiting for this stuff to ware off. and I get to do this shit all over again in April , YIPPIE!!!!
Last edited by Cureless_Poison on 26 Mar 2009, 06:47, edited 2 times in total.
SilentBobCDN

Postby SilentBobCDN » 25 Mar 2009, 13:45

I had mine out (all 4) when I was in Grade 12 (so... damn, like, 8 years ago now...), I remember being on the table, I think they gave me an IV, but I don't remember feeling it. Putting the NO2 thing over my nose and told to count to 10. I think I made it to 2 and then I woke up in the wake-up room. I dont remember much pain after, but I did get a rather loud click in my jaw for a couple years after. I think the click came from the issues they had getting one of them out, it was deeper and closer to the jaw than the others.

Oh, I dont remember this, but I apparently bled/drooled all over a pillow one night shortly after I had them out.
Cureless_Poison

Postby Cureless_Poison » 26 Mar 2009, 06:51

Zivlok wrote:Funny. I'm going to the dentist at 3 today as well! We can be Pain Buddies!

So pain buddy, how ya doin'?

My face is swollen like I got mumps and I have to take pills every 6 hours and rinse my mouth 3 times a day for 30 seconds with foul tasting medicine.
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 26 Mar 2009, 08:19

Every time I see the thread from the main page out of the corner of my eye, I read "Seductive Dentistry."

Oral fixation?
All hail the great deku tree!

Twitter

Flickr

Hakaryu

Postby Hakaryu » 26 Mar 2009, 08:20

I remember when he put the medicine into the IV line and being very very very high before passing out. As i remember it, I looked at the doc and said " thats the good shit" then passed out.
Tonberry's poked the dutch again.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 26 Mar 2009, 08:36

My physiology is pretty messed up, so my last recollection before slipping under is of two dentists and the anaesthetist trying to come up with a high enough number for me to count to that wouldn't require an overdose.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Interruptor Jones

Postby Interruptor Jones » 27 Mar 2009, 15:51

Brad wrote:Every time I see the thread from the main page out of the corner of my eye, I read "Seductive Dentistry."

Oral fixation?

Heh, I read that too. BTW does anyone know how much it costs to get wisdom teeth pulled? I've had quite a few teeth pulled when I was younger, but now I have to pay for it myself. I think it'll just be the bottom two.

There is no 'm' in 'sexy'.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 27 Mar 2009, 15:58

Like $1500 or more depending.

Get insurance
Interruptor Jones

Postby Interruptor Jones » 27 Mar 2009, 16:14

metcarfre wrote:Like $1500 or more depending.

Get insurance

HOLY JESUS GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS

THAT IS NONSENSICAL

There is no 'm' in 'sexy'.

Return to “General Discussion”