Google Camera Car Chased Away

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 14 Apr 2009, 22:16

People need to stfu.

If people don't want their houses to be photographed, then live in a gated community where cameras are forbidden.

If they don't want their stuff stolen, stop buying unnecessary luxuries that make you a target for theft, put your money in a bank or donate it to a good charity, or just burn it.

I doubt Google has a positive correlation to houses being broken into.
I can't think of a signature.
iwashere33
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby iwashere33 » 15 Apr 2009, 00:56

so cybertractor, your defensive theory about crime is to just have nothing worth stealing?

even monks get their houses broken into, they got chillies and stuff.

mmmm, monk chilli.
Ian McKellen, now!
Kdz
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby Kdz » 15 Apr 2009, 01:29

iwashere33 wrote:in short, they are worried about axe murders and ex-boyfriends (who isn't?)

While I certainly think the concern is genuine, it is misplaced. The people they need to worry about don't need to use Google Streetview, they can just go to the location. That's the whole point; these places are publicly accessable in the first place. Google isn't enabling anything sinister by doing this.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 15 Apr 2009, 07:29

Kdz wrote:While I certainly think the concern is genuine, it is misplaced. The people they need to worry about don't need to use Google Streetview, they can just go to the location. That's the whole point; these places are publicly accessable in the first place. Google isn't enabling anything sinister by doing this.

THIS.

As others have said, if you're THAT worried about the 'unwashed masses', set up and live in a gated community; there's tons of them in 'egalitarian' America - I'm surprised 'classist' England hasn't jumped on this concept already...
Bob The Magic Camel

Postby Bob The Magic Camel » 15 Apr 2009, 07:39

empath wrote:I'm surprised 'classist' England hasn't jumped on this concept already...

We don't need gated communities: knowing one's place is the most fundamental part of the English class system. The working class know better than to leave to the working class part of town, and the Toffs wouldn't want to leave their areas. This leaves the middle-class the remaining land. Class systems only fail when people fail to know their place.
This signature has been intentionally left blank.

No marks will be awarded for solutions written on this signature.

Return to “General Discussion”