Anyone got a good idea for a video

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
evilofficer

Anyone got a good idea for a video

Postby evilofficer » 05 Apr 2009, 10:11

i was just wondering if anyone would mind giving me some ideas for a video.
its for my english class, the topic is conscience which we need to teach to the class, and it has to be 15 minutes or longer.
It's a tough topic and i really con't come up with anything.
if you get any ideas could you post them below thanks.
Last edited by evilofficer on 05 Apr 2009, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
We all have purposes in life
i believe that my purpose is to laugh my ass off
mission accomplished.
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 05 Apr 2009, 10:17

How about 15 minutes of a pure white and pure black screen, with some highly dramatic classic music in background with you switching the white and black around depending on the cresendos in the classic music.
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

evilofficer

Postby evilofficer » 05 Apr 2009, 10:21

Red Charlie wrote:How about 15 minutes of a pure white and pure black screen, with some highly dramatic classic music in background with you switching the white and black around depending on the cresendos in the classic music.

hmm could work but we have to teach the meaning of conscience to the class and though they may learn something from that i doubt it'd be enough

good idea though

mission accomplished.
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 05 Apr 2009, 10:50

Does it have to be completely original?

Because when talking about the conscience, my favorite thing to do is talk about Twain's The Mysterious Stranger.

Here's the claymation version of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBGGAjMg9vw

The claymation version isn't much like the literary version, except for the fact that he doesn't see anything as right or wrong, only as necessary or not.
I can't think of a signature.
evilofficer

Postby evilofficer » 05 Apr 2009, 11:01

hmm i don't think that, that type of thing would work so well.
the biggest problem that shows itself when teaching 16 year olds is that if they don't enjoy it they don't care to learn it.
This just comes across to me as something my class would quickly lose interest in.

mission accomplished.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 05 Apr 2009, 11:19

How about a study on the Loading Ready Run scripts?
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
goat

Postby goat » 05 Apr 2009, 11:33

It's cliche but you could always use the angel/devil bit. Might be a bit chancey with the religious undertones, but it gets the idea across well enough, and has ample opportunities for humor.
Space Jump

Postby Space Jump » 05 Apr 2009, 11:45

Another possible choice, though cliche as well, would be the It's A Wonderful Life.

Have a character who has to make a difficult decision based on his/her conscience, who then bemoans having a conscience. Enter a guardian angel who shows this character what life would be like without conscience.

I dunno. Cheesy, cliche, but it's all I got.
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 05 Apr 2009, 12:07

An idea for a video? Okay, you start off with music, I'm think a nice drum beat, through it some slap base, and it cuts to some chick, she's hot, she's alone, she's trying to do some washing up, but guess what? The sink's broken. Right, so she calls up Richard Head, Plumber, right? You know where this is going! And he says...wait, conscience, oh. Um, he fixes the sink and goes home to his children, 'cause he's a widower. He's just trying to feed them, right, but there's bills to pay. Anyway, he get this call, there's this chick's got a 'special job' offering a big money, and he's...
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 05 Apr 2009, 12:11

The linguistical responses of taking part in an Iron Stomach Challenge.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 05 Apr 2009, 13:31

evilofficer wrote:
Red Charlie wrote:How about 15 minutes of a pure white and pure black screen, with some highly dramatic classic music in background with you switching the white and black around depending on the cresendos in the classic music.

hmm could work but we have to teach the meaning of conscience to the class and though they may learn something from that i doubt it'd be enough

good idea though

Seriously? I was just joking :P
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 05 Apr 2009, 14:24

Re-do "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" utilizing major thinkers of the philosophy of conscience in lieu of historical figures. Examples could be Aquinas, Butler, Kant, Confucious, and Soloveychik. Finish with a wicked metal number in historical costume.

Disadvantages would be the need for research, costumes, and editing ability. Advantages include being awesome and/or (dare I say it) epic.

The wiki' article for conscience is here and would be a good place to start.
evilofficer

Postby evilofficer » 05 Apr 2009, 14:42

Elomin Sha wrote:How about a study on the Loading Ready Run scripts?

i don't think that falls along the lines of concience

mission accomplished.
evilofficer

Postby evilofficer » 05 Apr 2009, 14:42

metcarfre wrote:Re-do "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" utilizing major thinkers of the philosophy of conscience in lieu of historical figures. Examples could be Aquinas, Butler, Kant, Confucious, and Soloveychik. Finish with a wicked metal number in historical costume.

Disadvantages would be the need for research, costumes, and editing ability. Advantages include being awesome and/or (dare I say it) epic.

The wiki' article for conscience is here and would be a good place to start.

ya i think that's a bit out of my video creating league

mission accomplished.
evilofficer

Postby evilofficer » 05 Apr 2009, 14:44

Space Jump wrote:Another possible choice, though cliche as well, would be the It's A Wonderful Life.

Have a character who has to make a difficult decision based on his/her conscience, who then bemoans having a conscience. Enter a guardian angel who shows this character what life would be like without conscience.

I dunno. Cheesy, cliche, but it's all I got.

my class wouldn't get it and i don't think my partners would like it

mission accomplished.
evilofficer

Postby evilofficer » 05 Apr 2009, 14:45

goat wrote:It's cliche but you could always use the angel/devil bit. Might be a bit chancey with the religious undertones, but it gets the idea across well enough, and has ample opportunities for humor.

i think that this one could actually work quite well, add some lnformational parts along the ways, some funny jokes it could work but i'm still gonna look for other ideas.

mission accomplished.
MarkVI
First Video: iPhone Alternative

Postby MarkVI » 05 Apr 2009, 15:22

drawing from the angel/devil idea, you could farm clips from popular tv shows that illustrate this portrayal of conscience as a sort of good/evil persona duality.

e.g. Seinfeld where Jerry's brain plays chess against his penis (there may be some id/libido/ego Freudian connection here too)

Also I can't help but remember Army of Darkness where Ash has two heads at one point arguing (it's been a long time since I last saw it)

Not sure what else off the top of my head.

Return to “General Discussion”