Phan Phailhaüs

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 08 Apr 2009, 19:13

Master Gunner wrote:I just bought one on Monday. Not my fault.

We still blame you. You needed to buy two. You've angered the gods!
ArcImpulse

Postby ArcImpulse » 08 Apr 2009, 20:31

Broadcasting from a tiny station deep within the Earth's crust

So today I had some things to do and gave Dakota the reins for the night.
However, last I heard, he's serenading some girl with a lute, so here I am.
No, I didn't know they still sold lutes either.

Phunny Story

A couple of animal stories today.

Julian Wolkenstein and stylist Acacio da Silva acted on an interesting idea, creating an internet sensation when they professionally styled the manes of horses and posted the pictures on the web.

The equine divas were tricked out with hair extensions and other indulgences, apparently enjoying the treatment. They did not, however, enjoy the bright lights and pictures.

Said Wolkenstein, "Each horse took around four hours to groom [...] they would shake their heads, give a neigh and then ruffle up their hair."

You look fabulous, darling!

This is for all you cat lovers out there. Hope you like big cats.

In Ashford in the UK, a lion at the Wildlife Heritage Foundation was rushed to surgery the other day. The issue? A massive hairball, irritating his stomach.

The ironically-named Tiny required a blow-dart tranquilizer, six vets, eight handlers, and the large facilities at Pets Ltd. for his treatment. According to onlookers, "It was a real wow moment."

Tiny's operation was a success and he has since recovered. The hairball was composed of hair from his own mane and tail, as well as horse hair from his meals.

Horse hair... awkward.

Partying alot? Regretting it the next morning? Fear not! Try some of these less common hangover remedies.

Scuba divers favorite: a blast from an oxygen tank.
Mongolians recommend pickled sheeps' eyes in tomato juice.
Rub a lemon slice in your armpit (your drinking arm) before drinking.
Create a voodoo doll of the offending bottle and stab it in the cork.
And finally... tripe! Boil it in greasy, root veggie soup before consuming. It doubles as a preventative since considering this remedy will stop you drinking in the first place.

www.dictionary.com gladly gives us:

chimerical

"A massive recall of Reese's products occurred following the discovery of a deadly chimerical in the formula."
"I'm sorry sir, but it seems you have a large chimerical on your right shoulder; fortunately, it's benign."

It's April 9th, which means that it's once again Name Yourself Day. Coincidentally, it is also Winston Churchill Day.

Why not kill two birds with one stone?

It's time that I, Sir Winston Churchill, start the engines and return to the surface. G'night!
Last edited by ArcImpulse on 09 Apr 2009, 00:42, edited 1 time in total.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 08 Apr 2009, 21:47

Today, I shall be known as Season 2 Box Set of 30 Rock.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
ArcImpulse

Postby ArcImpulse » 08 Apr 2009, 22:57

omg a new Phailhaüs came out yesterday! How did I not notice, you guys?

GO WATCH IT
Cade Antilles
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor

Postby Cade Antilles » 09 Apr 2009, 00:09

While I enjoy these, and they are well assembled, I'd be worried about stepping on Graham's toes, so to speak. I mean, they do use the same concept of Word of the Day, Pic of the Day, Day of the Day, etc. Plus, what makes the Phailhaus so awesome is that it feels like a treat when they air. We don't get one every few days. If we did, I'm pretty sure they'd lose some of that special flare and feeling (er, phlair and pheeling, I suppose).

So, I don't mean to rain on peoples' parades. And I definitely don't want to suppress creativity and passion. But, remember that too much of some things (like Phailhaus) may detract from the overall experience. My recommendation is to reduce productions of the Phan Phailhaus. Once every day or two might be too much. Remember, everything in moderation.

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, true, but I dunno, maybe Graham should weigh in on this. These are well done, and I like 'em, so don't let me stop you, but think before you leap more. (Could I possibly throw in more cliche phrases?)
"May the Force rock you!"

Professional Procrastinators - Insuring a better tomorrow, by having more fun today!
Kdz
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby Kdz » 09 Apr 2009, 00:29

I, personally, have not been enjoying Phailhaus less when it is in greater quantity. Though the supply is greater, my demand has not decreased.

So I say good on ya, fun reads.
ArcImpulse

Postby ArcImpulse » 09 Apr 2009, 00:37

I've actually thought about this at length, since it wasn't my original intention to post them. They actually started out as a way to entertain a friend, and he thought he should share.

However, if there's a significant amount of concern about it (significant being poorly-defined), I'll cut it out.

Obviously, out of respect for the LRR crew, if they request that I stop then I will. I'm definitely not out to steal anyone's thunder.

Otherwise I will continue to post sporadically. Don't get used to the daily thing :wink:
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 09 Apr 2009, 00:49

My first concern was of this stepping on Graham's toes, as it were. Especially since you use the same ____ of the Day features. If you happen to post the same material on the same day as an official Phailhaus the word of the way will be "aaaaakwarrrrrd."

But I'm still enjoying these. It's a phun phormat & there is still plenty of weirdness abound in the world that you'll never run out of subject matter. You seem to be enjoying these & even if you don't share them all here, as long as you're having fun, keep it up.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
ArcImpulse

Postby ArcImpulse » 09 Apr 2009, 01:03

The chances of us using the same word of the day are actually extremely high, since we get them from the same place. Now, if I used webster.com...

What really made me uncomfortable today was the fact that a story in the latest Phailhaüs (the drunk woman at the wake) was one that I considered for use. That's why I'd really like to get a bunch of opinions on the matter.
Last edited by ArcImpulse on 09 Apr 2009, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.
Nebulous

Postby Nebulous » 09 Apr 2009, 01:35

ArcImpulse wrote:
So today I had some things to do and gave Dakota the reins for the night.
However, last I heard, he's serenading some girl with a lute, so here I am.
No, I didn't know they still sold lutes either.

This is hilarious because it isn't a joke.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 09 Apr 2009, 01:38

I would almost say ask for Graham's input. But if he likes these as much as the rest of us do it wouldn't be fair to burden him with the final decision. After all, it's a Phailhaus that he can enjoy without having to research, record, edit & upload.

At the very least I would recommend changing a couple of the ____ of the Day features just to guarantee against duplicates. Pic of the Day I think may be all right to keep since it sounds like Phail Mail already has a backlog of photos.

And again, keep writing them as long as you're having fun. If you're sharing these elsewhere as well it could be a good introduction for other folks to come to LRR.

P.S.
Today I shall be known as.... Jim.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 09 Apr 2009, 06:51

Today I shall be known Sir Doctor Godfrey Pennington-Smythe II.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 09 Apr 2009, 12:56

There are those that call me....Tim.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 09 Apr 2009, 13:54

Some say he has interchangeable body parts for different cars. Others say that he doesn't know the highway code.
All we know is; you can call me The Stig.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 09 Apr 2009, 13:57

Others say he was tied up in the changing rooms and gagged.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 09 Apr 2009, 13:59

I am very much James May sometimes. I'm useless at quoting directions even if I know the way to where I want to go.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Nebulous

Postby Nebulous » 09 Apr 2009, 21:26

Sorry folks. No Phan Phail today. Chris has been rather swamped with school work, and I have been busy serenading women with my new lute.
Nebulous

Postby Nebulous » 13 Apr 2009, 18:30

We have not forgotten, just rough times =(

Return to “General Discussion”