THIS. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 07 Apr 2009, 09:26

It's been pretty rainy the last few days and overnight in our tents it was a pretty cold, but mostly it's been quite sunny.

Personally I'd welcome some more extreme weather.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
zqfmbg

Postby zqfmbg » 07 Apr 2009, 10:47

It's raining here in northern California.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Boo-hoo.

(Hey, I did my 18 years in Sasquatchibean; I'm entitled to a break!)
Hakaryu

Postby Hakaryu » 07 Apr 2009, 11:31

Its a fucking blizzard here in michigan. yay.
Tonberry's poked the dutch again.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 07 Apr 2009, 11:51

goat wrote:
empath wrote:
*Meh* It's the weather; deal.

What're ya gonna do, change it? Mother Nature's got a helluva lot more aces up her sleeve than we could even imagine.

That's what you think. I'm gonna go drive my hummer in circles while I leave all the lights in my house on, and then go chop down some trees.

Cool, nice of you to be so kind and considerate, to think of easing the snowshovelling chores of your great-grandchildren! :D

As for right now, I'm sure Mother Nature is looking at your tiny, infantessimal tantrum, and laughing her "I'll take every flood control system you can conceive of and still find a way around it to put a couple inches of water on the land I flooded, bitches." head off...

The Army Corps of Engineers is coolpants, awesome and do some amazing things, but let's face it; they're STILL bush league to 'her'...
goat

Postby goat » 07 Apr 2009, 12:39

empath wrote:
goat wrote:
empath wrote:
*Meh* It's the weather; deal.

What're ya gonna do, change it? Mother Nature's got a helluva lot more aces up her sleeve than we could even imagine.

That's what you think. I'm gonna go drive my hummer in circles while I leave all the lights in my house on, and then go chop down some trees.

Cool, nice of you to be so kind and considerate, to think of easing the snowshovelling chores of your great-grandchildren! :D

Thank you! I'm sure they'll appreciate my horrible sacrifices.

</bluff>
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 07 Apr 2009, 12:41

for the record, global climate change is cyclical - by heating the earth up now, you'd simply be drawing the forthcoming ice age ever closer - then think how much shoveling you (or your kids/grandkids) will have to do.

-m

I am not angry at you.
zqfmbg

Postby zqfmbg » 07 Apr 2009, 12:54

Matt wrote:for the record, global climate change is cyclical - by heating the earth up now, you'd simply be drawing the forthcoming ice age ever closer - then think how much shoveling you (or your kids/grandkids) will have to do.

At least then we wouldn't have to worry about running out of water.

(I've been hearing news stories about snowpack depths and reservoirs for weeks now, I swear.)
empath

Postby empath » 07 Apr 2009, 13:06

Matt wrote:for the record, global climate change is cyclical - by heating the earth up now, you'd simply be drawing the forthcoming ice age ever closer - then think how much shoveling you (or your kids/grandkids) will have to do.

-m

Thank you - I didn't want to open a can of worms¹, so I'm kinda glad at least one other person thinks like I do. :)

footnote:

1. Okay, honestly; who cans worms in a manner that'd you have to open the can; maybe UNCOVER a previously opened and emptied can that then had worms put IN it, but still...this is really an odd and illogical expression...more proof that "You English have a silly language! First you chop a tree down, then you chop it [/b]up[/b]?!?" :D
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 07 Apr 2009, 13:35

empath wrote:

-m

Thank you - I didn't want to open a can of worms¹, so I'm kinda glad at least one other person thinks like I do. :)

footnote:

1. Okay, honestly; who cans worms in a manner that'd you have to open the can; maybe UNCOVER a previously opened and emptied can that then had worms put IN it, but still...this is really an odd and illogical expression...more proof that "You English have a silly language! First you chop a tree down, then you chop it [/b]up[/b]?!?" :D

you take worms, put them in a can and go fishing. If you change bait you open a new can of worms.

just saying.

-m

I am not angry at you.
zqfmbg

Postby zqfmbg » 07 Apr 2009, 14:12

Matt wrote:you take worms, put them in a can and go fishing. If you change bait you open a new can of worms.

But unless you own a cannery, you'll probably have to open the can (and presumably empty the contents) in order to put worms into it. So when you change bait you won't have to open the can since it'll already be opened.

(If you did own a cannery, well, you'd probably have other problems to deal with.)
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 07 Apr 2009, 14:13

you cap the can incase they tip over, we're talking about a lid, not a sealed can.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Interruptor Jones

Postby Interruptor Jones » 07 Apr 2009, 14:27

And as soon as you re-open that can, they all try to get away. Hence the phrase.

Took me ages to understand 'a stitch in time saves nine'. Makes sense when you have a pair of socks you're particularly fond of.

There is no 'm' in 'sexy'.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 07 Apr 2009, 14:54

Also, bait&tackle shops will sometimes sell pre-canned worms, and judging from the cans I've seen, they weren't re-purposed cans either (at least, not by the local store).
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 07 Apr 2009, 15:51

Enough show to turn the ground white. not enough to snowboard.

Fuck..
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 07 Apr 2009, 15:57

It's been pretty gorram sunny here, to the point that i now have a sunburn on my shoulders. It's starting to cool down a bit though.
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 08 Apr 2009, 08:37

Lyinginbedmon wrote:It's been pretty rainy the last few days and overnight in our tents it was a pretty cold, but mostly it's been quite sunny.

Personally I'd welcome some more extreme weather.

Dude, that's what we have the rest of Europe for. You want heat, you go the Mediterranian. You want snow, you go to Scandinevia. Totally didn't spell those write! I like our temperate weather.
goat

Postby goat » 08 Apr 2009, 08:59

It should be mentioned that while there is still some snow on the ground, it's about 20 degrees F warmer now.

Oh the midwest....
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 08 Apr 2009, 10:08

For the past four days or so I've been having a lovefest with Victoria's weather. Soooo much sun. I've even been able to get a lil' bit tanned. A very lil' bit...
ZephCrow

Postby ZephCrow » 08 Apr 2009, 13:39

For the past few days here in Washington it has been in the high 70s and low 80s (Fahrenheit). Last Wednesday it snowed a few inches.

It's supposed to snow again this weekend.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 12 Apr 2009, 07:56

Ok, Who hasn't being buying t-shirts/using space jump?

TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 12 Apr 2009, 08:04

send some of that cold weather this way please.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 12 Apr 2009, 11:41

EXACTLY!! We jsut got that yesterday and im like WTF!!!!
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 13 Apr 2009, 11:38

Ugh, it's still snowing. Who pissed off the weather gods? March I can deal with, but the middle of fucking April? Anywhere south of 60, major precipitation is supposed to be rain at this point, not 2 feet of snow!
empath

Postby empath » 13 Apr 2009, 19:35

Yeah, we're supposed to be getting the edge of that tonight - mix of rain and snow. And in typical Newfoundland fashion, it'll be lingering over the island with snow/rain for the rest of the week.

*shrug* Meh, it's the weather - what're ya gonna do?

Again, I feel this needs repeating:

big

f*cking

deal.

Cry yourself a river, build a bridge and GET OVER IT.

Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 14 Apr 2009, 02:45

Over here the weather is a little messed up too. 2 days back the weather was a balmy 19 degrees C with a slight breeze. yesterday it was windy and much cooler (About 12 C) and today it's sunny and warm again. What the hell.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.

Return to “General Discussion”